What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appleby was saying just that in the post race RUK interview, look at possibilities in States but would be checking if anything wrong, one more go on turf etc. however, I think Pretend confirms the need not to bother but go straight for US/Can

Tryster has been mooted to go to the states for the Arlington Million, which is a turf race.
Anyone who caught the pre-race interview with Wm Buick last night should have grasped that Pretend was there for a warm up, though Matt Chapman clearly didn't.
Wouldn't write either off as turf horses, just yet.

I'm having a speculative punt on Cardinal today in the 1745 at Brighton. It's been running okay since a break and not being beaten too far. Not won for two years but the falling mark coupled with the decentish performances suggests another win is on the cards for the 10 year old. He has only run at Brighton twice, in 2013, both of 69 and was beaten 2 lengths and 3 1/4. Now off 59 so I'm hoping today's the day.

Off Art (3.55) ran a good 2nd when held up in the Thirsk Hunt Cup, but raced more prominently of a much stronger pace in the Hambleton, and didn't last home as a consequence.
In this lower class, and @ 15/2 with Bet365, he looks a bet to nothing, ew.

Think The French Grey has a decent EW chance in the 7.20 Chelmsford, bred to be better over a trip and has ran some good races over shorter for this new trainer, hopeful with the course an unknown.

This one is out again tonight in the last at Wolves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a saver on yours EC but switched the telly on and it looks a bit fat. French Grey I actually think the drop back will suit - looked too far last time.

4th, like all good each way bets! Looks a bit tripless. Yours pulled then blew up a bit, might be better for the run I think so one for the notebook if I remember.

Jeremy Scott's Mooreland George landed a few nice bets at Warwick last time.

He carries a penalty today but he looks the type who will shrug it of without too much trouble.

At Warwick they went a fair old clip from 7 out and he really impressed me with the way he attacked his fences and he went straight into my notebook as one to follow.

Ready token looks the main danger but he's a shockingly bad jumper and has to give Mooreland George the best part of a stone.

Sheena West did really well to find a race for Ya Hafed who escapes with a 4lb penalty but he doesn't look the type to improve much from that.

He jumped well enough when winning but Mooreland George looks a class apart from him.

I would have expected Mooreland George to go off at around 6/4 for this at these weights so I suggest grabbing the 5/2 while you can

Mooreland George 5/2

Jeremy Scott's Mooreland George landed a few nice bets at Warwick last time.

He carries a penalty today but he looks the type who will shrug it of without too much trouble.

At Warwick they went a fair old clip from 7 out and he really impressed me with the way he attacked his fences and he went straight into my notebook as one to follow.

Ready token looks the main danger but he's a shockingly bad jumper and has to give Mooreland George the best part of a stone.

Sheena West did really well to find a race for Ya Hafed who escapes with a 4lb penalty but he doesn't look the type to improve much from that.

He jumped well enough when winning but Mooreland George looks a class apart from him.

I would have expected Mooreland George to go off at around 6/4 for this at these weights so I suggest grabbing the 5/2 while you can

Mooreland George 5/2

I liked this one too, until I saw it was 'Birchy's banker' on the RP...

On a nasty streak at the moment, no matter how much work I put in I'm getting the reverse in reward - so will blind chance at Alan Berry at Hamilton, his strike rate at his local course is astounding - 3 runners today 14-30/15-30/16-30, 3 singles (9/2 , 14/1 , 14/1) and 3 doubles.
That should end his streak !

Knew I could bend the trend - 0 from 3

Last edited:
Plenty of pace in the 2.35 @ Epsom, and Firefighting dotted up lto under similar circumstances. 6lb penalty hardly looks enough to foil a repeat.

Good Luck, Reet.
Make It Up likes to dictate from the front and should be hard to peg back today in the lucky last at Epsom.
His collateral form with other horses doesn't look that great but he hammered a horse called Johnny Barnes about five lengths at Goodwood last season who is now rated 107, so I think his form looks fair and he's likely to improve on it this year. A CD winner and worth his place at the head of the betting and gets my vote. A good win today would set him up for Royal Ascot nicely. Goring is the big danger if that last race hasn't taken it's toll.

Last edited:
Kodicil 4.10 Market Rasen. Fair run behind Long House Hall at the same venue LTO and that one's sluiced up twice since including a much better race at Cheltenham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Hardstone in the next at Leopardstown -has been looked after and is now improving -next stop the Northumberland Plate.

two horse..both ahead of their marks on my calcs ...clash in the 2.00..resonant + cornelius..both like to be with the pace as well..i've dutched just in case one does manage to get on the lead and stay there..5.4 and 30.0 taken earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back