What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Fonz. :)

Taken a little chance on Exoplanet Blue in the next at Lingfield as Candy has had 3 winners from past 5 runners, and this looks handicapped to win a race.

Nice one Fonz. :)

Taken a little chance on Exoplanet Blue in the next at Lingfield as Candy has had 3 winners from past 5 runners, and this looks handicapped to win a race.
Won well.

I've taken Surety to come out best in the 7:20 at Leicester.

I'm taking on Tin Man in the 1920 tonight at Donny. Beat nothing in it's maiden win so can't quite see why so short against some more experienced rivals. Lay.

Going to have a speculative each way on Especial in the same race for Bryan Smart. Not faced ground this fast and the maiden it won was soft (form says gd/sft but from memory it was absolutely bucketing down). However, think it represents decent value in the race given the horses finishing 2nd and 3rd have both won their next two subsequent races - the latter a class 3 off 84. Going to put the handicap debut last down to a bad day at the office as opposed to the mark it was given. If doesn't do well today then may be left until ground softens up again.

Good luck with any punts today.

I'm taking on Tin Man in the 1920 tonight at Donny. Beat nothing in it's maiden win so can't quite see why so short against some more experienced rivals. Lay.

Going to have a speculative each way on Especial in the same race for Bryan Smart. Not faced ground this fast and the maiden it won was soft (form says gd/sft but from memory it was absolutely bucketing down). However, think it represents decent value in the race given the horses finishing 2nd and 3rd have both won their next two subsequent races - the latter a class 3 off 84. Going to put the handicap debut last down to a bad day at the office as opposed to the mark it was given. If doesn't do well today then may be left until ground softens up again.

Good luck with any punts today.
And Good luck to you.

I'm with Wandering Aengus in the 8:15 at Limerick. He's in good form and 105 is both a workable and winnable mark, imo.
2M6F looks an ideal trip, he likes an undulating track and his claiming jockey scored with a winner on his last ride on the 13th July.
He's the selection in that race.

Last edited:
Field of Fame (4.05 Ascot)
No doubt this one is well handicapped but is being persevered with at 1m2f
1m4 looks his true trip but if the rain gets in the ground by this afternoon and this stiff finish suits he could come out on top.

I've backed Great Park in the same race. Looked to be crying out for a step up in trip LTO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but just cant keep away HIGH SECRET 2.55 Ascot and the 3.05 Thirsk SATURN LACE E/W

Good luck to you all

Good luck everyone.

For what its worth Balty Boys looks good to me in the big handicap at Ascot tomorrow.

He's beaten a tracker horse of mine called Halation, (that horse entered in the Betfred mile at Goodwood), and then finished 1st in his group of 15 when finishing a cracking 4th against GM Hopkins. He disappointed over a longer trip in the John Smiths Cup at York, but back at 7F he can go close tomorrow. There'll be worse 20/1 shots running tomorrow if the meeting takes place that is...

Last edited:
In true mug punter fashion I'm backing Enlace in the big handicap at Ascot
Nicky Mackay to bounce out and attempt to make all, may not hold on but the place odds are decent.

Victoire De Lyphar ( 3.20 Newcastle)
On a winning mark, C&D winner ,and has Been knocking the door down the last 2 runs.

I've a decent bet on Speculative Bid today as an each way single but also with Huntsmans Close, and Basem for the Stewards and the Betfred Mile respectively in ew doubles and treble. (12/1, 12/1 and 8/1). Having backed the first two of these for the Hunt Cup and Wokingham I'm due a change of luck and yesterday's rain might be that. It's a handicap but SB was unlucky in the Hunt Cup and will have an even better chance today before being hit with a hefty weight increase. Price has shortened sufficiently to probably dissuade me from going in again but I'm very hopeful.

I also think Enlace has a major chance and will have a saver plus a bit.

Last edited:
I'm all-in on Prince Gibraltar in the 2.55 at York. Took 9/2, 5/1 and 6/1 in the week, 3/1 last night and 11/4 just now. He's completely nailed on.

I can see why, PB has been running close in some hot races but you ignore O'Meara at York at your peril.

I hear ya fonz, but the horse is a miler. York's extended 10f historically has always suited mile and a half horses really well (just look at the roll of honour for the Juddmonte) and I honestly don't see how PG is beaten today if he runs to form.

Last edited:
I hear ya fonz, but the horse is a miler. York's extended 10f historically has always suited mile and a half horses really well (just look at the roll of honour for the Juddmonte) and I honestly don't see how PG is beaten today if he runs to form.

Had a good look at this race Euro..interesting with the step up hosses. I have convinced myself that THA'IR will win, he will stay which isn't guaranteed for most.

I also think his current OHR is too low..last run he beat a 103 lady hoss comfy by 2.5..giving the 5lb allowance to her. On my reckoning that makes him about a 113 poke here..and with receiving 3 from CC it makes him just about the best horse in the race ratings wise and guaranteed to stay.

Prince Gibraltar's best runs were in the Jockey Club and Arc last year, the only times since his 2yo days that he's encountered decent ground. His run at Chantilly where he met trouble in running is someway the best form at the trip here. He wins, end of.

Good luck everyone.

For what its worth Balty Boys looks good to me in the big handicap at Ascot tomorrow.

He's beaten a tracker horse of mine called Halation, (that horse entered in the Betfred mile at Goodwood), and then finished 1st in his group of 15 when finishing a cracking 4th against GM Hopkins. He disappointed over a longer trip in the John Smiths Cup at York, but back at 7F he can go close tomorrow. There'll be worse 20/1 shots running tomorrow if the meeting takes place that is...

Close Marb
Great shout nonetheless

Thanks mate. He went close alright...beaten by a proper good handicapper...backed it e/w and having a good Saturday just for a change.

Postponed would make it a memorable day.

Last edited:
I thought my luck was in. Several AP singles mostly at 12/1 plus multiples. Not happy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back