What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8.55 ffos las PRIORS GATE

The Accra beach race Priors gate ran in has given one good horse to follow in exoplanet blue who i was happy to get some money back off and some after running too quickly immediately afterwards and running too bad to be true.. I think that form is true to rating of winner....even though EB was only rated..63..clearly better than that by some way/ The winner accra beach was off 84 that day and is probably better than that which makes Priors Gate probably a mid sixties hoss..runs here back at 6f after not getting home last time over 7f..this is a modest 0-60 effort and should be well within capablilities. tregoninng stable hot as well.

Price has gone a bit now..got 4.7 earlier ..now 3.9 ish.

to fatten bet up have also had a small double with juventas in the 8.05

Last edited:
Cape Lion (muss 1845) 2/1 & Busy Bimbo (muss 2055) 3/1 - double n singles, 1 finally got his neck in front and should kick on, one dying to get her head in front, trainer really pushing for it

Putting Green 2.55 Don. Much easier race for him than at Ascot where he gassed in the last furlong. Took 14s last night, rule 4 of course.

Saigon City 4.10 Thirsk. 9/2 4/1 in a 16+ handicap seems not brilliant but his form behind Lightning Spear last time is rock solid at this level and he's off the same mark today. Wins if he gets a clear run.

5.10 Newmarket-Mustadaam @ 9-4 [Stan James] BOG

Is better than recent form figure suggests

Hoping Robot Boy 60 win B/fair 8 for 5 places can run a big race......said a long time ago he would win an Ayr Gold Cup or a Stewards Cup over 6 furlongs.

Would feel a right wally if he won or was placed without backing him.

i have to back Robot Boy too..just in case

Do you always back tracker/notebook horses EC?
I've had a few nice winners off mine lately, another one went in today, but quite a few of them like todays went unbacked
The method must be working I'm just struggling to suss out when the time to pull the trigger is.

Do you always back tracker/notebook horses EC?
I've had a few nice winners off mine lately, another one went in today, but quite a few of them like todays went unbacked
The method must be working I'm just struggling to suss out when the time to pull the trigger is.

..i tend to keep horses for 3 runs then get rid. Robot Boy is one i usualy have a token bet on mainly because i started the thread on him..had to today at the price as it would haunt me for a while if he had won..i'll stick to a flat track 5f for him though now. I've never lost money on him overall as i always back him each way and he won earlier in the season..which was nice

as a rule..i will back blindly all 3 runs if i think a horse has lbs inhand..it never bothers me if a horse loses twice as from my records many have won on the 3rd run..and by then..the price is usually a bonus. Exoplanet blue was a typical example of what happens when one bombs out first run.....looked to have loads in hand..they turn it out quick and it loses..typically when i put it on the Will win thread..paid me be back in spades next run though

Last edited:
..i tend to keep horses for 3 runs then get rid.

Same, but I need to see something in their losses to keep me onside. Like Putting Green today was third time lucky and I had faith in him but Rio Ronaldo is in the 5.45 upcoming at Newmarket and his last loss didn't offer up any excuse I could see so I'm probably gonna leave him alone.

Then again I'm keeping Saigon City. He went into my tracker after his run at Ascot back on Sagaro day and he's lost three times since with my money on. But the first of these was over 7f, he's a miler. The second he ran into a group horse in a frigging handicap at Salisbury. Unlucky. Today he was never put into the race properly and was tried up the inside in a big field. No dice. There is a win in that horse given the right conditions.

One for Hocky (4.35 Market Rasen)
Good ground horse who will appreciate the extra couple of furlongs and the sharp track.

Been through the Chepstow card and want to give a positive shout to IFAN in the 4:30 tomorrow.

A comparatively lightly raced 7 year old, he's been placed plenty of times, won off 71 last season and ran well enough last time to believe he'll find his best form again here. I havn't seen what odds he is yet but I think he is a solid left-field choice in that race.

Last edited:
In the opener at Chepstow Little Voice probably sets the standard for this sprint. Should go close.

Last edited:
In the opener at Chepstow Little Voice probably sets the standard for this sprint. Should go close.

Absolute cliff horse for me. Some friends have a horse in the yard and they told me before this ran that the trainer had been talking it up. Backed it every bloody time since and it's cost me a fortune. Hopefully today is payback time!

Hope you got it all back Benny! Thought she had a good chance but was worried about the second beforehand.

Thank god for that! Took 7/4 this morning and topped up at 2/1 a bit later - I'm probably level on the horse now!

Definitely been due that! Wasn't gonna win last time out but ill be interested where they go next now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back