What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly few bets on such a busy day. Southfield Royale in the SkyBet Chase, Forest Bihan in the novice chase at the same venue and Walk In The Mill in the handicap chase at Cheltenham.

Might also have an e/w nibble at Mr Mcgo in the 15:25

Irish Champion Hurdle

I'm a sceptic when it comes to Petit Mouchoir, and I'm prepared to forgive Nicholls Canyon his last outing, given I can back him at 11/4 (Ladbrokes) to reverse the form.

Looking at the Irish champion hurdle on all formats, it appears Townend is still jocked up on NC. Would have assumed Ruby would be riding NC after Faugheen came out?

If Townend keeps the ride today, the Wylies may previously have asked him to commit to NC in the Champion Hurdle, and they don't want to change arrangements on that basis.

My bets [1pt win on each]

12.35 Cheltenham-Singlefarmpayment @ 11-2 [Paddy Power]
1.20 Lingfield-Nicky Baby @ 9-2 [Bet Bright]
2.30 Doncaster-Marracudja @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
2.45 Uttoxeter-Tintern Theatre @ 5-1 [Bet 365]
3.20 Uttoxeter-Kayfleur @ 5-2 [Bet Victor]
3.35 Lingfield-Silver Quay @ 13-2 [Stan James]
4.35 Cheltenham-Drumcliff @ 7-2 [Betfair Sports] non runner

Loss of 6pts

Would forgive the runs of Marracudja [bled] & Silver Quay [interference]

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.00 Southwell-Pearl Nation @ 15-8 [Bet Victor]
2.30 Southwell-Warm Words @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
3.05 Southwell-Crosse Fire @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]
3.30 Ayr-Newtown Lad @ 5-2 [Skybet]
3.50 Plumpton-You Too Pet @ 10-3 [Race Bets]

+89 points profit in the last 6 days. I've had worse weeks.

Saturday finished in profit again when both Mia's Storm and Ziga Boy were successful at Doncaster. Singlefarmpayment (Brought Down) and Mercian Prince (Fell) were both going well at the time of their departures.

It's being polite to say that today's racing is poor and only a few make any appeal.

Today's Selections:

3.05 - Southwell - Hold On Magnolia. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.
A competitive affair with only seven pounds separating the ten runners on Official Ratings. Slight preference is for Hold On Magnolia who has improved with each race since returning to the fray after a six month absence. A win on his penultimate start on the Tapeta at Newcastle was followed up by a third. beaten a quarter of a length, off today's four pound higher mark over this C/D. With twelve starts behind him he is still relatively lightly raced compared to the majority of these and there may be a bit of scope for further improvement. His draw in stall nine could prove useful with early pace drawn either side of him.

3.40 - Southwell:
Satchville Flyer. 2 pts win. Available at 13/2.
Trust Me Boy. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 28/1.
Secret Glance heads the market for this race but he is 0 from 14 on the A/W and his best performances haven't come on this track. The headgear may be beneficial but at a short price he looks worth taking on. Satchville Flyer doesn't come across as the most straightfoward of characters but there were signs last time out over six furlongs here that he could benefit from a step back up in trip. He is well weighted on a mark of 60 and he could be coming back to peak form. Trust Me Boy won this race from one pound higher last season and he may have been aimed at a repeat. He was well beaten over a mile here last time out but he did exactly the same before winning last season. The return of Franny Norton is a big positive, most of his form has come under him.

4.00 - Ayr - Nakadam. 2 pts win. Available at 5/1.

Last edited:

2.00 Southwell-Pearl Nation @ 15-8 [Bet Victor]
2.30 Southwell-Warm Words @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
3.05 Southwell-Crosse Fire @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]
3.30 Ayr-Newtown Lad @ 5-2 [Skybet]:)
3.50 Plumpton-You Too Pet @ 10-3 [Race Bets]

Loss of 1.5pts

3.50 Wolverhampton-High On Light @ 5-2 [Skybet]
4.00 Lingfield-Doitforthevillage @ 9-2 [Bet 365]

I would expect both Reveley horse will have been trained for today as they are his last two runners as a trainer. 3/1 and 5/1 looks tempting for singles and e/way double.

All selections ran well yesterday but unfortunately none gave a return. Magnolia Ridge was always in contention when finishing third at Southwell and Satchville Flyer and Trust Me Boy were third and fourth respectably later on the same card. Nakadam was closing all the way to the line but failed by a length and a quarter to get to the winner. finishing well clear of the third.

No time for analysis today.

Today's Selections:

3.40 - Southwell:
Dragon De La Tour. 2 pts win. Available at 7/1.
Mahler's Star. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 28/1.

4.00 - Lingfield - Mr Muddle. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.

4.10 - Southwell - Point N Shoot. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.

4.30 - Lingfield - Daytime Ahead. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.

Last edited:

2.10 Leicester-Wilberdragon @ 11-4 [Bet 365]
3.00 Hereford-Alcala @ 11-4 [Bet 365]
4.00 Hereford-Lord Ben @ 9-1 [Bet 365]
5.20 Kempton-Tynecastle Park @ 8-1 [Paddy Power]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back