What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Silly lucky 15 was poor. Certainly not the cleverest ideas i've ever had. Hope you folks fare better. 3.10 at Wincanton tomorrow is interesting race. Space Oddity is respected but Willows Saviour might go well for the Skeltens at a nice price. Horse has some serious form from a couple years ago and down to a very lenient rating of 130. Worth watching the betting I think. Might be some tidy each way prices to be taken with the 10 runner field.

Last edited:
Yesterday proved disappointing with no selections giving a return. Despite a poor start and a couple of losing days towards the end of the month, the month ended the month +32 points in profit.

Today's Selections:

3.00 - Hereford - Colin's Brother. 3 pts win. Available at 3/1. (Nap)
Only seven runners for this Handicap chase but none of the runners can be dismissed too readily. Preference is for Colin's Brother who comes here seeking a hat-trick after running out a convincing winners of both starts this season. For a horse who still doesn't entirely convince with his jumping and sometimes seems to lose concentration/race lazily he demonstrates plenty of inherent potential. He is seven pounds higher than when winning at Ludlow last time out but this is a slightly easier race, despite it's competitiveness. The Ludlow form looks solid in the context of this race and he has a win in heavy ground to his name. He has yet to win over this far but he is bred, and leaves the impression, that a stiff stamina will suit.

3.10 - Leicester - Pop Rockstar. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.
Some of these are open to further improvement and one of those is handicap debutant Pop Rockstar. He has improved with each of his last three starts in Novice company and the balance of that form suggests he wouldn't need to improve much to get competitive here from a mark of 114. His 12 length fourth at Chepstow in heavy ground over an extended 19 furlongs has been franked by the first and second since and he is bred to improve as he steps up in trip. Aidan Coleman has forged a good partnership with the yard and he rides this track well.

3.30 - Hereford - Flashjack. 1 pt e/w. available at 14/1.

3.40 - Leicester - Some Are Lucky. 3 pts win. Available at 3/1. (Nb)

Last edited:
Lucky 15 for me with
2.00 Hereford Chef d'Ouevre
3.00 Hereford Alcala
3.40 Leicester Some are Lucky
4.10 Leicester Reigning Supreme

Apologies for after timing with the first of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The enigmatic Camakasi runs in the 4.50 Kempton. If you ever saw this horse run at Dundalk you'll know what i mean, horse had a habit of being tailed off in 1m races very early before getting into gear and storming home, usually too late but did win once beating Witty Repartee by over 3 lengths after being totally tailed off from a mark off 74, best run was when btn 1 1/2 lengths by the then in form Bishan Bedi off 82. Finally showed something like that form again 2 runs ago when winning by 4 lengths over C/D for Ali Stronge. 7lbs higher now and btn lto under a penalty but that was over 12fs, too far for a Camacho imo. If they don't go too fast a pace today could still be well h'capped.
About 10/1 with books now, new stable seem to have cured his slow starting but IR chaps might want to wait to see him start, hopeful rather than confident.

The enigmatic Camakasi runs in the 4.50 Kempton. If you ever saw this horse run at Dundalk you'll know what i mean, horse had a habit of being tailed off in 1m races very early before getting into gear and storming home, usually too late but did win once beating Witty Repartee by over 3 lengths after being totally tailed off from a mark off 74, best run was when btn 1 1/2 lengths by the then in form Bishan Bedi off 82. Finally showed something like that form again 2 runs ago when winning by 4 lengths over C/D for Ali Stronge. 7lbs higher now and btn lto under a penalty but that was over 12fs, too far for a Camacho imo. If they don't go too fast a pace today could still be well h'capped.
About 10/1 with books now, new stable seem to have cured his slow starting but IR chaps might want to wait to see him start, hopeful rather than confident.

Not noticed you on the thread before. Be good to see more posts from you.

Used to post quite a bit a year or two ago but mainly reply on Giggsys thread on here now, although i did put up some dreadful horses last week!:lol: When i 1st came on here you told me you owned Slim Chance! :whistle:

3.10 at Wincanton tomorrow is a interesting race. Space Oddity is respected but Willows Saviour might go well for the Skeltons at a nice price. This horse has some serious hurdles form from a few years ago and down to a very lenient rating of 130. Worth watching the betting I think. He might be a tidy each way price in a 10 runner field. He's a horse who could quite easily come right at some point this season even at ten years of age. 33-1 early show with bet 365. Worth a little dabble.

Last edited:
Used to post quite a bit a year or two ago but mainly reply on Giggsys thread on here now, although i did put up some dreadful horses last week!:lol: When i 1st came on here you told me you owned Slim Chance! :whistle:

With what we win on it's debut I could have bought it!

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.10 Towcester-Eaton Rock @ 6-4 [William Hill]
3.20 Towcester-Pearl Royale @ 13-8 [Ladbrokes]
3.30 Southwell-Serenity Now @ 15-8 [Race Bets]
3.55 Towcester-Cheat The Cheater @ 6-1 [Bet 365]

3.10 at Wincanton tomorrow is a interesting race. Space Oddity is respected but Willows Saviour might go well for the Skeltons at a nice price. This horse has some serious hurdles form from a few years ago and down to a very lenient rating of 130. Worth watching the betting I think. He might be a tidy each way price in a 10 runner field. He's a horse who could quite easily come right at some point this season even at ten years of age. 33-1 early show with bet 365. Worth a little dabble.
Unfortunately a N/R.

In his absence I am playing reverse combination forecast and tricast with Tornado In Milan, Copain De Classe and Clondaw Shane. These are the three I fancy. The tricast will be hard to get up, but I'm confident enough about a r.c.forecast. No's 1, 8 & 9.

Good luck to Placebacker today also.

Last edited:
Pop Rockstar was second and Some Are Lucky third at Leicester yesterday, although both were well beaten. Flashjack and Colin's Brother were both disappointing at Hereford, the latter being unsuited by the heavy ground according to connections post-race.

Today's Selections:

3.45 - Wincanton:
Vic De Touzaine. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.
Benny's Mist. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.
Ballygarvey is well handicapped on his past form and he may be do better on this second start back from a significant break. He could get his own way in front so a big effort would not surprise, but slight preference is for the Venetia Williams pair Vic De Touzaine and Benny's Mist. Both come with risks attached with the former returning from a long break and the latter disappointing in all three starts this season. Vic De Touzaine returned from a two year absence last season and showed progressive form throughout the campaign. It culminated in an easy win over 20 furlongs at Leicester for which he has incurred a nine pound rise in the weights. That has pitched him into this better company but there could be improvement to come and he has proven he handles heavy ground. He has to prove his fitness but the yard are perfectly capable of producing a horse at it's peak after an absence and the booking of Tom Scudamore takes the eye. Benny's Mist can't be anything but a speculative selection after his efforts this season but the fitting of blinkers could inspire him. He has bounced back from a poor performance plenty of times in the past and he is just one pound above his last win. He has two C/D victories in heavy ground to his name, including this race back in 2014. That was the last time he raced in this class and he could take advantage of that fact if he reacts positively to the headgear.

4.25 - Towcester - Thatchers Gold. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

5.50 - Chelmsford - Squire. 2 pts win. Available at 5/1.

Last edited:
3.45 Wincanton Flaming Charmer for Tizzard and Dickie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In his absence I am playing reverse combination forecast and tricast with Tornado In Milan, Copain De Classe and Clondaw Shane. These are the three I fancy.
Awesome performance from Tornado In Milan with that weight. Sadly no forecast for me, but I did have a single on him near the off based on those big prices.

Last edited:
Weekend win patent

Friday Catterick 3:20 Actinpieces
Saturday - Heroes Hurdle - Desert Sensation
Sunday - Irish Gold Cup - Carlingford Lough

That's my lot for the weekend. :)

Last edited:
Good point. I can't wait for Carlingford to hack up and put an end to about 7 Gold Cup chances haha...I am laughing at my own jokes now...but who isn't? :)

2.10 Towcester-Eaton Rock @ 6-4 [William Hill]
3.20 Towcester-Pearl Royale @ 13-8 [Ladbrokes]
3.30 Southwell-Serenity Now @ 15-8 [Race Bets]
3.55 Towcester-Cheat The Cheater @ 6-1 [Bet 365]

Loss of 4pts...two 2nds

Thought Luke Morris had a poor tactics day at Newcastle today where he rode three bets of mine, but one of them [September Issue] was a bit unlucky having been forced to check and losing momentum and ground at crucial stage of race. His run [4th] can be upgraded

Runs tomorrow night [Kempton,7.15pm]

4-1 with Boylesports looks worth taking

1.15 Catterick-Allfredandnobell @ 10-3 [Bet Victor]
2.30 Lingfield-Gramercy @ 8-1 [Bet 365]
3.20 Catterick-Treaty Girl @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
4.10 Lingfield-Gnaad @ 11-8 [Skybet]
4.40 Lingfield-Atain @ 5-2 [Bet Victor]

Vic De Touzaine found one too good at Wincanton yesterday but the other selections were disappointing.

Today's Selections:

3.20 - Catterick - Actinpieces. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.
Only six runners for this Mares Handicap Chase but it's competitive nonetheless. Treaty Girl heads the market and arguably has the best piece of form on offer after finishing a good second to Potters Cross at Newbury last time out. She's only two pounds higher here and deserves her place at the head of the market but she hasn't raced on ground this soft since she made her debut under rules (Pulled Up after a break). At a relatively short price she may be worth taking on. Two Smokin Barrels comes here after winning her first three starts over fences. She has improved with each run and could defy this seven pound higher mark but at a bigger price it may be worth considering Actinpieces. She was an easy winner of a three mile Wetherby Novice Chase in November and, after disappointing in a Grade Three handicap over the same C/D, she returned to the same track to get within a quarter of a length of the winner in another Novice race, this time over an extended 19 furlongs. A mark of 131 looks manageable and three of her four victories have come in soft ground. She represents a yard who have a very profitable 27% strike rate with their Chasers in handicaps in recent seasons (10 from 37).

4.25 - Catterick - Should I Stay. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 33/1.
In a weak race that won't take much winning it could be worth throwing a small stake at Should I Stay at a big price. He has obviously had his problems and he has to prove he retains some of the ability he had when with Gary Moore. He has yet to do that in three starts for his current yard but the best of those efforts came over this C/D in the cheekpieces and they are put back on after two disappointing outings without them. Both his recent performances came over 23/24 furlongs and the drop back to the sort of trip over which he has recorded both his victories should suit. The Assessor has dropped him thirteen pounds since he last ran here and his last victory came over this trip in soft ground. That was almost three years ago, and he may not retain that ability nowadays, but he wouldn't need to from this much reduced mark. Both his wins have come in this headgear.

7.15 - Kempton - Dutch Golden Age. 2 pts win. Available at 5/1.

7.45 - Kempton - Mister Music. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.

Last edited:
Nice to see I have some moral support with Actinpieces. Best of luck today Ricko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back