What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbury 1.50 Shotavodka looks sure to run well and 9/2 seems fair.
Kelso 2.05 Teo Vivo 7/4
Newbury 2.25 Walk in the Mill can show his Cheltenham Run wasn't his form and seems decent value at 10/1
Kelso 2.40 Eminent Poet (7/1 nap) is unexposed at this trip having hosed up on his only previous try beyond 3m (albeit a lesser race) and can make the long journey north worthwhile
Newbury 3.00 Wizard's Sliabh looks each way value at 12/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Riko - you might be interested in this re Icing
d99752be919668173fa9a29977e3b35c.jpg

Its good to see trainers provide an angle on a horse like that. I've had a good bet on him win and place. Thanks for the info Trud. Nothing in there to put me off. :)

Last edited:
Oliver sherwood puts things along those lines up on Facebook every day he has a runner - and schooling videos as well. Very open and informative ( and a thoroughly nice man !)

1.50 - Newbury - Tinker Time. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 22/1. Shotavodka looks sure to run well at a track he likes and Vieux Lille is arguably the horse open to most improvement over fences. Killala Quay is still well weighted on his past form but, at a big price, it could be worth chancing Tinker Time. He is probably weighted to his best on a mark of 130 and he was disappointing at Taunton last time out. However his two previous efforts this season were up there with the best he has ever produced and he hasn't gone beyond three miles many times. One of those times saw him run out a convincing winner at Ludlow sixteen months ago and the second has since improved twenty pounds. His career best came over an extended 23 furlongs here and, although the yard is a lot smaller nowadays, they still place this type of horse well.

I had this horse on my radar, so have backed accordingly. Good to see your good self has backed up what I thought. Let's see how he goes.

Last edited:
Poor run from Shotavodka there. Never looked to be travelling and the poor form of the Pipe stable since Un Temps Pour Tout continues

I had this horse on my radar, so have backed accordingly. Good to see your good self has backed up what I thought. Let's see how he goes.

As frustrating as it gets when you back a horse each way and get mugged of a place like Tinker Time there, but that's racing. What a race it ran though, looking well beaten at one point.

Last edited:
Bangor 3:25 Cresswell Breeze is my strongest tracker horse. Worthy of a mark of 130, top weight, and a price of 3/1, imo.

Newbury 2.25 - Icing On The Cake looks well weighted - He didn't go up a lot for winning three runs ago, when beating one of Dan Skeltons, (Knockgraffon). He looks to have been pitched perfectly in the right race here, off a low weight, by his trainer Oliver Sherwood, imho.

Kelso 2:40 - Big River has a big chance. Heavy ground form an obvious advantage. This will do for me.

I didn't pick bad horses today, didn't get the rub of the green though.

I did Tinker Time and Icing On The Cake in an each way double, so Tinker Time missing out on third by a head, cost me for the each way double.

Big River and Cresswell Breeze were in a win double. (1st and 2nd respectively).

So in the end I picked a 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st from four selections, (two at each way prices), but no profit to show for it.

Well done to anyone who bagged a winner on this thread btw, I haven't checked through the results yet.

Last edited:
I didn't pick bad horses today, didn't get the rub of the green though.

I did Tinker Time and Icing On The Cake in an each way double, so Tinker Time missing out on third by a head, cost me for the each way double.

Big River and Cresswell Breeze were in a win double. (1st and 2nd respectively).

So in the end I picked a 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st from four selections, (two at each way prices), but no profit to show for it.

Well done to anyone who bagged a winner on this thread btw, I haven't checked through the results yet.

Peppered the bar there Martin with good shots, glad you alerted me to Big River - I had'nt bothered looking today but that was nailed on for me, backed it LTO on course and thought it would definitely win NTO. Was with you on the double with CB narrowly done there. Thought what the hell so threw in an each way treble on with Icing too so got a few quid back.

Managed to bag singles just before the off of each for Deauville Crystal(9/1), Duel at Dawn(11/2), Midnight Jade(2/1) and Forest des Aigles(15/8) though so decently proftable day despite the other losers backed.

My bets [1pt win on each]

2.05 Kelso-Teo Vivo @ 7-4 [Bet Victor]
2.15 Bangor-Walt @ 2-1 [Bet Victor]
2.35 Lingfield-Sir Harry Collins @ 9-1 [Paddy Power]
3.10 Lingfield-Isharah @ 9-2 [Skybet]
3.15 Kelso-Yala Enki @ 4-1 [Bet 365]:)
3.50 Kelso-Ascot De Bruyere @ 5-1 [Paddy Power]:)
4.10 Newbury-Sir Antony Browne @ 7-4 [Skybet]:)
4.25 Kelso-Forest Des Aigles @ 3-1 [Betfair Sports]:)
5.20 Newbury-Pearls Legend @ 7-1 [Betfred]

Profit of 8.75pts...three 2nds (Still can't believe Harry didn't win!)

Trainer indicated that Gentle J would be trained for the irish Lincoln after winning 2 on similar ground at the end of last season. Interesting that Wayne Lordan rides close to his minimum this early in the season to steer her, and prefers her to last year's winner, OnenightIdreamed. Her Tattersall's Gold Cup entry suggests today's race is more than a pipe dream too.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.20 Wolverhampton-Bottleofsmoke @ 5-2 [Skybet]
3.20 Wolverhampton-Enfolding @ 5-2 [Skybet]
4.20 Wolverhampton-El Tel @ 9-1 [Bet Bright]

Last edited:
Significant rail movements at Plumpton today, for instance the 4.00 is virtually one furlong further Race 1 +132yds Race 2 +180yd sRaces 3&7 +174yds Races 4&6 +120yds Race 5 +219yds

Just having some small fun bets today at Market Rasen - The favs looked vulnerable so have gone for some double figure odds 1pt e/way

1.40 Hit And Run
2.10 Magnolia Ridge
3.10 Moidore
4.40 Jane Lamb
5.10 Creole Dancer

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}</style>2.10 - Market Rasen - Castley Lane. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 18/1.

2.50 - Wolverhampton - Filament Of Gold. 1.5 pts win. Available at 15/2.

3.00 - Plumpton - Holbrook Park. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.

4.20 - Wolverhampton - Sublimation. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 18/1.

Small patent at wolves tomorrow for the interest.

15.20 lightoller 25-1 aw debut reflected in price. Lightly raced but showed a decent turn of foot running on well in class 4 over shorter on turf last time out. I fancy him to break his duck tomorrow if taking to the surface which being trained by Mick Channon we can hope him to.

15.50 uncle bernie 16-1 another horse dropping in class but this time we know he handles the surface being a course distance winner. Yes he's not particularly well handicapped but could perhaps improve and I feel the 16-1 available is generous.

16.20 tonis a star 11-1 I have a soft spot for this mare because she won me a few hundred quid when won at 33-1 a few years ago when I first started following the nags. She has won since over course and distance and off the same mark as she runs off tomorrow. Recent form isn't great but sure she has to bounce back sooner or later and Tony Carroll is due a run of form! Of course ould penny dreadful will probably go and win now my few shekels aren't weighing her down.

Last edited:
Morning

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

3.20 Wolverhampton-Mia Cara @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]
4.00 Hexham-Hattons Hill @ 7-2 [Skybet]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back