What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.45 Ripon-Rousayan @ 4-1 [Skybet]
3.15 Haydock-Maghfoor @ 11-8 [Skybet]:)
3.20 Ripon-Muntadab @ 11-2 [Ladbrokes]
5.10 Leicester-Mutarabby @ 9-4 [Bet Victor]
5.40 Ripon-Jack Flash @ 4-1 [Bet Victor]:)

Profit of 2.37pts

Didn't get the rub of the green this month, will be my first monthly double figure loss in about 3 years...but it happens

Vyta Du Roc has been a bit of a cliff horse for me this season, and he's been a disappointment. He's fallen to a very reasonable mark though and today's trip should suit.

I was on VDR too, Euronymous (10/1). It was very unlucky and should have won. I'm not sure whether to blame the jockey or not. The horse was just starting to move into a challenging position leaving the back straight when the field closed him out as they all moved in towards the rail on meeting the bend. He lost ground and momentum and was in front a stride after the line.

I know it's no consolation since he lost (I also had him in a double with L'Ami Serge at 11/2!) but you were on the right horse.

How unlucky was The Tartan Spartan there? Coming from the rear of the field and boxed in for two furlongs, he found a path, then got switched to the inside rail and still finishes strongly for third. Has to go in the tracker.
I thought he had a cracking chance today after the last unlucky run.

Evergate (2.50 Bath) ran to his best on his first run for Robert Cowell, and should improve for today's stiffer track. Must have shown plenty at home too, considering his Commonwealth Cup entry.
4/1 currently.

Good luck Reet. Zzoro has appeared in my email from my tracker. Runs at Windsor. I wrote before on this thread about him. 10f is what he needs. Hopefully he takes this race in his stride before stepping up in class later in the season.

I'm gonna chance Erupt in the Prix Ganay at around 12s - there's very little separating these and he's overpriced. I don't get the fuss with Cloth of Stars and Zarak was poor imo in Meydan. Erupt is a mile and a half horse on all known form but ran well at the track when he should have won the grand-prix last year.

Happened to pop into the bookie's just before the Ganay.

Anyone who backed Zarak is entitled to feel disappointed with Soumillon's ride.

It was a horror show wasn't it. The winner got the run of the race and will be overbet wherever he runs next.

Yarmouth 16:30 - Taurean Star 7/2 @ B365, Powers etc BOG

After a long break I'm backing this to beat Gothic Empire.

Dynamo Walt has a nice chance at decent odds in the 8:10 at Chelmsford. As a 6yo he is 9/52 on the all weather, a twenty percent strike rate or thereabouts. He's amassed over eighty grand in prize money, is a course and distance winner several times over, and no surprise if he can finish fast and late to cause an upset.

Last edited:
Also sweet on Dashing Poet in the 5:25 at Nottingham. A very interesting contender now back on turf at the bottom of the weights.

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each]

2.10 Nottingham-Aquadabra @ 3-1 [Betfred]
3.00 Brighton-Bahamian Sunrise @ 2-1 [Paddy Power]
3.25 Yarmouth-Hint Of Grey @ 9-4 [Skybet]
3.45 Nottingham-La Casa Tarifa @ 15-8 [Stan James]
4.00 Yarmouth-Longside @ 9-2 [Bet Victor]
4.40 Brighton-Lastmanlastround @ 15-2 [Bet Victor]
4.50 Nottingham-Stanarley Pic @ 9-1 [Bet Victor]
5.00 Yarmouth-Ernststavroblofeld @ 7-2 [Skybet]

Dynamo Walt has a nice chance at decent odds in the 8:10 at Chelmsford. As a 6yo he is 9/52 on the all weather, a twenty percent strike rate or thereabouts. He's amassed over eighty grand in prize money, is a course and distance winner several times over, and no surprise if he can finish fast and late to cause an upset.
See how this goes at 8:10 then.

Dashing Poet ran 3rd, but with the N/R messing up the race for each way purposes, it was a damp squib.

Last edited:
Any opinions on the Group races at Ascot tomorrow? Is it crazy to take on the big two in the 3:45 Sprint?

Last edited:
Not touching the sprint but Nearly Caught should be clear fav in the Sagaro. He has the best form, some of it on the track, and is behind Pallasator and a similar price to Battersea for some reason. I've unloaded at 7/2 for more than my normal stake and have an IR lay in at much shorter, which he'll probably hit given his front running tendencies. Trainer loves this race also.

Any opinions on the Group races at Ascot tomorrow? Is it crazy to take on the big two in the 3:45 Sprint?

Blue Point receives 4lbs from Harry Angel and has (on my figures) two 121 time ratings to his credit from Doncaster and York last season, both over 6f which is clearly his trip. If he's straight for tomorrow - and he's likely to be - he'll win. I missed 9/4 this morning but managed to get 2/1. It doesn't always pay to overlook the obvious.

At the prices in the Sagaro, I quite like Harbour Law. He has a penalty, of course, but he may still be on the up. His trainer isn't fashionable and that tends to be reflected in the odds at which he starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back