What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll have a covering stake.

From my write-up:

Peace And Co is a must bet even though Daryl Jacob doesn’t take the ride. Henderson was still throwing his name into the discussions about his Champion Hurdle hopefuls a couple of weeks before the race but decided late on the horse needed more time. He’s had another five weeks and his mark of 144 is extraordinarily lenient if he’s anywhere near his best. It’s also interesting that Sam T-D opts for Zubayr over bang-in-form Tommy Silver but he is 9lbs better off with Sceau Royal compared with the Elite Hurdle. Then again, the latter’s jockey’s allowance will offset that, which creates its own intrigue. I went high enough with the County form so L’Ami Serge has to be regarded as vulnerable despite being rated up to winning an average renewal but Ozzie The Oscar could be better than the bare form as he was arguably doing too much up with the pace that day but he would have had a hard race and I have concerns about the yard’s form. Mohaayed also ran well in the County but could improve here and still not win. Zubayr and Sceau Royal will carry the savers.

Couldn't resist the 14s about Peace & Co. This horse obviously has (or had) the ability to make a mug out of the handicapper and no better man than NJH to bring them back but chances are I'll be the mug [emoji55]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want to take on Dabyah in the Fred Darling. Her Australian sire was a thorough sprinter and she didn't last home in the Boussac, even though ridden for speed, Her entries also suggest 1m could be her maximum.
Ryan Moore would be alive to this, and ensure a proper test on the stouter bred Rain Goddess, who was dropped in and ridden for speed over an inadequate distance in her Leopardstown trial.
8/1 ew will do nicely.

I could see the argument for taking Dabyah on on price grounds, reet, but I can't see any problem for her with the 7f today. She started with a win over seven in a very good time last July, followed up with a runaway win over today's C&D on soft and would likely have won the Boussac had it been at today's trip.

Zainhom interests me in the Greenham although his drift in the market is a concern. He was the complete outsider of the field for his run at Newmarket last backend and was drawn widest of all on a day when the best ground seemed to be against the nearside rail. He did well to come through for second in a race run in a good time and he briefly looked the winner two hundred yards out before fading which suggests the drop back to 7f today may well suit. It's certainly more solid form than those ahead of him in the betting.

Can't agree with the Boussac bit, Gus - despite bossing a modest pace most of the field were gaining ground on her in the final furlong. Without a strong pace today's race may turn into mush but, the way the Coolmore filly was ridden in both previous races, suggests major improvement expected today.

Last edited:
Peace and Co? worked like a pig a week before the Champion Hurdle and is still a monkey with loads of talent but has decided in his tiny little mind he's going to spend the rest of his career taking the **** out of his riders ........hence the exit stage left from Daryl on to another pig of a horse in L'ami Serge who at least could win.

MOHAAYED for me ran a cracker st Cheltenham...Danger Sceaux Royal

Zubayr and Sceau Royal will carry the savers

Basterts.

I had 25/1 Zubayr.

Can't say the jockey on SR impressed but Peace And Co either wasn't off an inch or has forgotten how to run.

A very muddling pace meant Peace & co had little chance from the back but he didn't seem to make much of an effort to get involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zhou Feng went in the book after Donny after tiring when hitting the front too soon on unfavourable ground
Has been dropped 2lbs for that run and will appreciate the quicker conditions here.

Backed a few in the Scottish National but I'm quite sweet on the chances of Henri Parry Morgan. Arpege D'Alene can run a big race as well.

I thought Portrait King ran a great race in the Topham - for an eider winner - and couldnt let him go unbacked ew up to 4m again today.

It was a good race, I thought. Good form.

Spare a thought for anyone who backed Benbens, though. Jockey might have been riding to instructions but he seriously fvcked that up.

Vicente looked the winner from a long way out but fair play to Cogry for making him go all the way to the line.

Good race for the Twiston-Davieses.

Last edited:
Think I will have a bet on Playtothewhistle (Wolv 7:45) tonight. Could see this running very well.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.10 Ayr-Cloudy Dream @ 9-4 [Skybet] :) @ 11-4
3.40 Newbury-Chelsea Lad @ 9-2 [Paddy Power]
4.20 Bangor-Silent Warrior @ 7-1 [Bet Victor]
5.25 Bangor-Glama @ 3-1 [Paddy Power]
5.50 Thirsk-Young Tiger @ 7-1 [Bet Bright]

Loss of 1.25pts

1.50 Warwick-Bradford Bridge @ 7-4 [Bet Bright]
2.30 Pontefract-Magic City @ 15-2 [Skybet]
5.20 Kempton-Chelsea's Boy @ 4-1 [Bet Victor]

2.25 Hexham-Miss Conway @ 8-1 [Paddy Power]
3.35 Ludlow-The Coffee Hunter @ 4-1 [Paddy Power]
3.50 Yarmouth-Tyrsal @ 9-1 [Bet Victor]
4.25 Yarmouth-Wurood @ 11-8 [Ladbrokes]

3.50 - Yarmouth - Tyrsal. 1.5 pts win. Available at 17/2.
Only eight runners for this one mile handicap but a competitive race nonetheless. At a decent looking price it could be worth chancing Tyrsal who has won three of his five previous starts here. He is normally seen over further these days but he was beaten just under four lengths on the A/W at Chelmsford when he last ran over this trip back in October and he is seven pounds lower in the weights now. He will be reliant on a generous pace and, although that isn't guaranteed here, the presence of Phosphorescence and Right Rebel could be sufficient to generate the gallop Trysal needs. He will need to prove his readiness after a 75 day break but all three of his victories here came from higher marks and he goes well for a Claimer. He has wins on both G/F and G/S ground so any rain that falls won't necessarily scupper his chances.

3.25 - Hexham - Heist. 2 pts win. Available at 13/2.
A very open handicap hurdle but preference is for topweight, Heist. The Irish raider was last seen over hurdles when winning narrowly at Bellestown last June but he was value for more than the narrow margin of victory after idling and wandering in the closing stages. Since then he has improved with every one of his five efforts over fences over trips from 16 to an extended 25 furlongs on ground from soft through to G/F. That has seen his Chase mark improve 12 pounds from 113 to 125 and the Assessor here has also taken action, putting him up to a mark of 121 over hurdles, but that still leaves him four pounds well in if he can transfer his improvement back to the smaller obstacles. His back form suggests that his ability is just as good in both spheres. His seven pound Claimer has ridden him to his last two victories and Heist has run well on both previous visits here, albeit over fences. He comes here after a 202 day absence but he has gone well fresh in the past and an ability to stay further is never a bad thing on a stiff track like this. There looks enough pace in the race for this to be run to suit those held up but Heist is tactically versatile anyway.

4.00 - Hexham - Castley Lane. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 28/1.
With Hattons Hill out of the race there are only a handful who come here on the back of good efforts. Orioninverness is one and he is still open to further improvement. However, we supported Castley Lane at a big price last time out and, although he was eventually well beaten, he ran well for a long way and warrants consideration again from a two pound lower mark. He switches to fences and steps back up in trip, both could suit. His last run was his first for eleven months so he could strip fitter for that outing and he showed his first piece of form for a while when finishing fourth of ten, beaten ten lengths, over three miles at Market Rasen when last seen over fences. He is six pounds lower in the weights here and his jockey takes off a useful five pounds.

4.25 - Yarmouth - Getgo. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

5.00 - Yarmouth - Compromise. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.

Last edited:

2.10 Epsom-Normal Equilibrium @ 7-1 [Bet Bright]
2.20 Catterick-Urban Spirit @ 8-1 [Betfair Sports]
3.15 Epsom-William Hunter @ 5-1 [Bet Victor]
3.35 Perth-A Good Skin @ 7-2 [Paddy Power]
4.25 Epsom-Bahar @ 7-2 [Bet Bright]
4.35 Catterick-Ballymore Castle @ 4-1 [Skybet]
4.40 Perth-Jovial Joey @ 5-1 [Bet Victor]
5.05 Catterick-Fine Example @ 8-1 [Skybet]

Status
Not open for further replies.