What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lost for words. That's the second Saturday in a row I've been beaten a nostril by a horse ridden by Mosse.

Bearing in mind I haven't landed a decent winner since March 18th!

Last edited:
I'm lost for words. That's the second Saturday in a row I've been beaten a nostril by a horse ridden by Mosse.

Bearing in mind I haven't landed a decent winner since March 18th!

I'm backing Mosse's in the next, hope the luck doesn't come in threes

I had my eye on the Gold Cup at the Curragh today once Minding was pulled out as Deaville seems a dodgy favourite to me. He had the run of the race at Chester and this will be tougher. A couple of layers were off their game once the heavens opened as Johannes Vermeer was still 16s by the time I left for Haydock yesterday and I was happy to take that price. I've topped at 8s this morning. This horse has hardly run since his Group 1 win in France on deep ground as a 2yo and the fact that he's still in the camp at Ballydoyle is interesting.

Given Harrington's comments on ATR backing her runners today would seem a reasonable action.

You listen to the right people you. :) I should say I'm taking Valentana in the race e/w, so I've got two running for me. Good luck.

Homesman -455 Curragh-made heavy weather of winning at Limerick 2 weeks ago,looking an awkward sort.He is running over a 3 furlong shorter trip today and you would think he is serious lay material-however he is a 5/1 shot trained in Ballydoyle-I have an idea he might be a grinder who will keep finding for pressure -I think 5/1 is very fair and would also consider backing him at big prices in running and laying the opposition at short prices in running.

Comes out and wins a Group 2 today-I was looking at in running bets at 18 and upwards-biggest price matched was 17-my iPad powered out during the race and I was wondering if my 130 was matched.Sometimes it's hard being a smartarse.

One for me today, Sakurajima 5.15 Windsor. Hoping to fund my bet with a lay of Beck and Call 2.20 Windsor

Lingfield 4:10 SANDFRANKSKIPSGO - I've seen him run before. I'm happy to take a chance on him. :)

Redcar 4:00 Came down on FOXTROT KNIGHT'S side. He's almost twice the price of Extrasolar. A toss up between the two really, but I've tried to trust my instinct. Foxtrot gets the vote. :)

Edit. Had a N/R, so down to two.

Last edited:
Beverley 4.30 - Auxiliary -12s

I think this one got very harshly handicapped from winning two small field races in a row in 2015 and it has been a bit of a struggle since then.

Tomorrow sees a step back up to 10f, a trip the horse ran ok over at Newcastle the final run of last season. Has had a pipe opener and the mark looks like it's getting down to something like worth exploiting. Even without the early non we should hopefully get 3 places and hopefully an each squeak with it.

Good luck. Might back that horse myself. Sean Levey rode a winner today, two good chances tomorrow, Nott 2:20 Graceon 3:20 Carducci. Why not!

Last edited:
Good luck. Might back that horse myself. Sean Levey rode a winner today, two good chances tomorrow, Nott 2:20 Graceon 3:20 Carducci. Why not!
Am leaving out Graceon as he has drifted too much for my liking. Carducci and River Icon in a win double is the main bet today.

Last edited:
Thanks. Don't stop going out, on the strenth of the winners I pick. They're few and far between. :)

Last edited:
Cheers. I'm staying off horses, or trying to. I've said it before, but horse racing can be so consuming it distracts from more serious life issues!

5:45 Fairyhouse - Red Persian

Winner of the maiden he ran in lto looks smart (Beckford). The 3rd horse (Would Be King) was 2nd in the Marble Hill.
The 4th horse (Commander Grigio) won his maiden at the Curragh on Sunday.

Verhoyen is back up to 6f today which will suit, and could well have the extra street smarts to win this.

Whitefountainfairy has been punted this morning, and not without good reason.
1 lb better off with the selection and Verhoyen, she ran into trouble last time they met, and was running on well close home. Price now though is plenty short.

I think Red Persian would have learned plenty lto, and with the form looking stronger and stronger, he's a bet for me at 3/1 (Boylesports).

Journey's F & M win last October is really strong form and she won easily, garnering a t/s figure which puts her right up there with the better colts. John Gosden is saying she'll come on for the run, but I suspect he's sufficient faith to invite her owner over from the States (one other runner at the meeting, over a questionable distance) and she'll outrun her current 5/1 tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back