What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After getting my fingers burnt with Repercussion at York I am foolishly going in today albeit far more cautiously. Dropped in class significantly, distance the same but all weather an unknown.

Surely it has to be too good for those it is up against today. Too many unknowns for a serious bet though.

A few that I fancy today and will put them up later.

Well done with Gworn, Ricko. Robbie Roo Roo is a value price in the 9:10 at Kempton. Ran well last time. Could very easily do better today.

Thanks. Nearly turned into a good day with Air of York as well but just got done.

2.35 - Goodwood - The Warrior. 1.5 pts win. Available at 17/2.

3.30 - Catterick - Meshardal. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.

3.55 - Warwick - Big Easy. 3 pts win. Available at 7/2.

6.00 - Sandown - Pernickity. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

8.00 - Chelmsford - Kyllachy Gala. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.

8.40 - Sandown - Greenside. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.

5.50 Che - Doctor Parkes
6.00 San - Silver Ghost
3.45 Goodwood - Eldritch
7.35 Sand - Mondialiste
8.10 San - Rodaini
5.45 Catterick - Chandresh.

Last edited:

I'm starting to think the thing to do with trackers is miss them the next time they run and then back them the following start. This fella was 12s in the Victoria Cup and then just 4 points lower in a complete shithouse race today. He had excuses for Ascot as well.

I had a close look at the O'Brien horse in the first at Tipperary and I don't get it.....Looked decidedly ordinary last week when finishing last of six. Wolf of whateverstreet should be odds on & hack up imvho :0)

I'm starting to think the thing to do with trackers is miss them the next time they run and then back them the following start. This fella was 12s in the Victoria Cup and then just 4 points lower in a complete shithouse race today. He had excuses for Ascot as well.

Fav probably won on merit anyway, but it did look today as if The Warrior's first-time visor was just another throw of the headgear dice they've rolled so often.

3.30 - Catterick - Meshardal. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.

3.55 - Warwick - Big Easy. 3 pts win. Available at 7/2.

6.00 - Sandown - Pernickity. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

8.00 - Chelmsford - Kyllachy Gala. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.

8.40 - Sandown - Greenside. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.

Two winners and two seconds at nice prices. Decent day but another one that could have been so much better.

Upstaging (4.55) ran the race of his life latest, and over a distance short of his best. The return to 6f over a course he's already proven over could see further improvement today.Needs it, to justify his Wokingham entry, but worth a poke at the current 14/1.

Last edited:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2.35 - Goodwood - Medburn Dream. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4.55 - Goodwood - Boy In The Bar. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6.30 - Pontefract - Mon Beau Visage. 2 pts win. Available at 5/1.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6.40 - Musselburgh - Thorntoun Care. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8.00 - Pontefract - Tumblewind. 2 pts win. Available at 13/2.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.55 Chester-Highland Pass @ 9-4 [Bet Victor]
2.45 Cartmel-Card Game @ 6-1 [Paddy Power]
3.20 Cartmel-Go West Young Man @ 9-4 [Ladbrokes]
3.40 Chester-Sands Chorus @ 4-1 [Skybet]
3.50 York-Out Do @ 7-1 [Paddy Power]
4.30 Cartmel-Quick Brew @ 11-2 [Bet Victor]
4.55 Goodwood-Pettochside @ 11-2 [Skybet]
5.20 Chester-Voski @ 2-1 [Skybet]

Waady in the Temple. Hopefully the rain won't get too much into the ground.

Graphite Storm in the Silver Bowl. I backed Auberge Du Lac for this earlier in the week but Simcock pulled him out so in an effort to get the wedge back I've done the horse who was 2 places in front of him in an Ascot handicap earlier in the month (the same race that Banksea and Taurean Star ran in last year) imo it was a better renewal this season.

Suedois at the Curragh. Have to take on Acapulco in this - she's far from guaranteed to be as effective at 6 and the O'Meara horse only needs to return to the form he showed last year to win this. I can forgive him his poor effort at York as that was fto on horrible ground.

Last edited:
2.20 - Haydock - Suegioo. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

3.05 - Chester - Above The Rest. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

3.50 - York:
East Street Revue. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.
Gamesome. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

4.05 - Haydock:
Cotai Glory. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.
Alpha Delphini. 0.75 pts e.w. Available at 18/1.

4.20 - Goodwood - Angel Gabriel. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1

Last edited:
Great tipping Ricko, much deserved change of luck.

I fancy Gabrials Kaka today and glad to see DO fancies it.decent ew bet on that and small ew double with its namesake in the 4:20 which you've flagged up. Gl

Last edited:
3.50 - York:
Gamesome. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

Fancy this too, consistent type who can hopefully get his head in front today. Well done for yesterday.

Following Euro on that O Meara horse in Ireland as well, looks to have a good chance.

All BOG - 2pts win each

Haydock
2.55 Graphite Storm 6/1

4.05 Quiet Reflection 5/1 - Kachy 8/1

4.35 Gravity Flow 7/2

5.10 Al Zaman 4/1

5.40 Mojito 11/4

Goodwood
2.00 Spark Plug 4/1

3.45 Second Step 5/2

Chester
4.50 Byron Flyer 9/2