What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too far out to tell, was a few lenghts further back than I thought was right, and the front two picked up and didn't come back. I think Commandant would have needed a lot in hand to have won from there.

A few decent bets lined up for today. Start off with a minor lay for a place bet, 11.50 Southwell, Father Mckenzie, I don't think the horse will win. I'm hoping it won't reach a place too, laying around 2.2 for the place.

3.35 Newbury
Bobo Mac looks to have a decent each way chance here having resumed progress with a decent second over C&D last time behind the progressive Jersey Bean (giving 5lb). He’s up 4lb for that but 15/2 looks value to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Still no heavy bet yet but in the 12.45 @ Newbury Clondaw Castle, the lay place is 3. I have the horse price huge this morning so I don't think it will win. Going again lay for a place around 3.0

Last edited:
Corelli 1.00S
This one-time Leger hope finished 3rd in the Lingfield Derby Trial, despite the slow pace and quick ground being against him.
His form action, and pedigree, suggest he'll be suited by the Southwell surface, and it's no coincidence he's running on the stiffest of the AW tracks.
John Gosden has a 37% strike rate at the venue, and you'd think this colt should only improve it.

Corelli 1.00S
This one-time Leger hope finished 3rd in the Lingfield Derby Trial, despite the slow pace and quick ground being against him.
His form action, and pedigree, suggest he'll be suited by the Southwell surface, and it's no coincidence he's running on the stiffest of the AW tracks.
John Gosden has a 37% strike rate at the venue, and you'd think this colt should only improve it.

:thumbsup:

First decent sized bet of the day for me. 1.40 Doncaster, Buster Thomas, currently around 1.8. I was hoping for around the 2.0 mark but even at the 1.8 I'll take it. Backing it to win. It didn't win last time, it was a good second and the handicapper up it by 2 for it. This race won't take much winning.

First decent sized bet of the day for me. 1.40 Doncaster, Buster Thomas, currently around 1.8. I was hoping for around the 2.0 mark but even at the 1.8 I'll take it. Backing it to win. It didn't win last time, it was a good second and the handicapper up it by 2 for it. This race won't take much winning.

Good call especially at 1.8

Last bet of the 'day' for me until this evening. 2.25 Newbury, Kings Odyssey. Around 3.55 backing it to win. Ran off 139 in a class 1 and class 2. A decent 2nd last time and the handicapper's upped it to 141. It is more of a 'place' horse but if it's going to win a race it needs to win one very soon before the mark creeps up. I'm hoping today is the day.

Good luck to anyone who's betting. I'll be having a few more later on this evening.

3.35 Newbury
Bobo Mac looks to have a decent each way chance here having resumed progress with a decent second over C&D last time behind the progressive Jersey Bean (giving 5lb). He’s up 4lb for that but 15/2 looks value to me

Bollox. Had every intention of putting up (and backing) Vive le Roi after he got chinned on the line last time out but convinced myself he’d drifted to 16/1 from 10/1 because he wouldn’t go on the ground. One that got away [emoji849]

5.45 Newcastle, Fightwithme, currently around 1.6, I'm laying this. I've already layed a few quid but the market is weak, when it's more liquid I'm lay it again. I made a note the last time it ran and that would have liked to see it over 6f. It stayed on over 7f last time on soft. If it was running over 6f tonight I'd lump on it. There is a lot of money for it as of now but regardless I'm laying. What will beat it, good question. I thought Bataar's run was fairly good last time out, but I'll just be delighted if the fav gets beat.

I didn't even look at littlebitofmagic, it's 65 on Betfair at the minute. I just focused on the first 5 and even at that it's hard to separate them. On paper you'd think fightwithme should sloosh in. Gosden horse, good 3rd but I remember watching the race at the time and making a note to back it next time out if over 6f. I'll know my fate soon enough.

Edit, littlebitofmagic is into 42 now from 65, someones having a few quid on.

Last edited:
5.45 Newcastle, Fightwithme, currently around 1.6, I'm laying this. I've already layed a few quid but the market is weak, when it's more liquid I'm lay it again. I made a note the last time it ran and that would have liked to see it over 6f. It stayed on over 7f last time on soft. If it was running over 6f tonight I'd lump on it. There is a lot of money for it as of now but regardless I'm laying. What will beat it, good question. I thought Bataar's run was fairly good last time out, but I'll just be delighted if the fav gets beat.

WD

I didn't even look at littlebitofmagic, it's 65 on Betfair at the minute. I just focused on the first 5 and even at that it's hard to separate them. On paper you'd think fightwithme should sloosh in. Gosden horse, good 3rd but I remember watching the race at the time and making a note to back it next time out if over 6f. I'll know my fate soon enough.

Edit, littlebitofmagic is into 42 now from 65, someones having a few quid on.

I was too clever and bet two each way against it. Great shout on the fav. He was staying on again at the finish.

I was too clever and bet two each way against it. Great shout on the fav. He was staying on again at the finish.

I've learned the hard way from my mistakes. It took awhile to sink it but it did eventually. You'd see a '2 horse race' on paper, e.g 1.7 and 2.5, you don't like the 1.7 and you back the 2.5 and something else wins. Happened to me numerous times so now if I don't like something I'll just lay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back