What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pipes Of Peace (7.45K) blew in in a valuable c/d h'cap 2 ago, then improved again, against better opposition subsequently. Runs here before the penalty for latter run kicks in.
Current 13/8 mightn't look to generous but you'd have to search a long time to find another AW horse with an obvous 11lb in hand of his field.
If bigger prices float your boat, you might try a csf with Caspar The Club or West Point Flyer.

Almost put Cogry in here, backed it last time just didn't get going. Loves Cheltenham and got up just. Great run. My only bet of the day, very happy. Good ride by STD as well, gets a lot of stick but that was excellent.

Pipes Of Peace (7.45K) blew in in a valuable c/d h'cap 2 ago, then improved again, against better opposition subsequently. Runs here before the penalty for latter run kicks in.
Current 13/8 mightn't look to generous but you'd have to search a long time to find another AW horse with an obvous 11lb in hand of his field.
If bigger prices float your boat, you might try a csf with Caspar The Club or West Point Flyer.
Aplologies, screwed by steady pace - Bugger! :(

Navan Sunday. Small e/w bet on Russian Bill at 16/1. He had some excellent form in 2015, and a fitness sharpener the last day, which was his first run for a long time. I think he is on a great mark.

Last edited:
Almost put Cogry in here, backed it last time just didn't get going. Loves Cheltenham and got up just. Great run. My only bet of the day, very happy. Good ride by STD as well, gets a lot of stick but that was excellent.

Cogry and Sam T-D were brilliant yesterday. I can never catch the horse but really like him.

Navan Sunday. Small e/w bet on Russian Bill at 16/1. He had some excellent form in 2015, and a fitness sharpener the last day, which was his first run for a long time. I think he is on a great mark.

Into 20's, having hit a high of 33's late last night.

Grim day - two Canadians across carlisle n southwell fairly short picks and a cpl of singles, not a single f**** winner

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I feel your sadness, Geoffrey. I've got a certainty running at Ascot next Friday, mind.

I like that horse won a cpl of races season before last i think and was on it. Program just as good too. Will have a punt with you

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Stoneyford Lane (5.45 W. 25/1 generally).

Bit left field, and needs things to fall right for him, but his last 2 wins (both in higher class, over 5f) came off a strong pace where the field came back to him.
First time visor today - his Haydock win came in first time pieces - and, with most of the pace drawn close to him, looks worth a small ew punt at a large price.

I'll have a bit of a spin of that with you Reet. Hasn't looked the greatest effort from the saddle on the last couple of occasions, headgear on drop back in trip certainly looks like it could be having a crack, and us Black Country Boys love a Hollinshead gamble at the luvvly Wolverham-perton.

Cheers looks like a good spot.

Just noticed it was only beaten 5L off a mark of 80 when last seen at this trip off 67 now. I reckon you should have put this in the Christmas Money thread Reet the more I look the more I like it.

Last edited:
0.75l outside the places, Dan - had it been run at the same pace as Div1, there's little doubt we'd have been collecting the place part. At least we know we were on a trier:).

Angel Palanas (1.30S) lobbed up over 7f lto and, though eased in the closing stages, still ran the first 6f 0.5sec faster than standard. Solid bet today, even from a poor draw.

Last edited:
Choice Encounter (8.30) spotted the entire field a 5l start latest, then finished like a train to be only 2l down at the death.
Tonight's extra furlong, plus the addition of first-time pieces, ought to see him take this comfortably.

ps: God knows what's happened to the price? Took 6/1 with B365 last night; 5/2 at my local bookies this morning.

I'll let that one go Reet seen as the price has gone but you've made a good case and got a nice price so good luck.

3.20 Southwell, First Excel around 2.9. I'm currently laying this. I was at a stable tour in the uk last week and I was chatting with other gamblers and we made a list of backs and lays for the forseeable month or 2 and one guy was adamant the next time this ran to lay it. He seems very shrewd to me. I've had a very hefty lay on this.

I'm out for the evening unexpected but I'll be having a few more bets.

5.30 Chelm, Malaysian Boleh, not liking this at all, I'm surprised it's so short at 5/1 on the exchange. I'm laying this for a place, around 2.38 now. The market is weak and I'm feeding in the money. I won't lay for the win at 6 but if I can catch it a bit shorter in running even at 4.0 I'll lay that too. I just can't see it winning this race.

6pm Chelm, Pianissimo. I know a lot of time Gosden horses need a run to get them spot on but apparently this is something special. I'm currently backing this to win, around 2.4 at the minute.

7pm Chelm, Star Catcher. around 1.7. Another Gosden first time out job. I'm getting stuck into this one too for the win. Short enough but absolutely terrible race. Hopefully it can be a double for Gosden.

Good luck to anyone who's betting.

Only bet of the day for me.

5.45 Wolves, Shoofly, around 2.0 now. There has been lots of money for this horse but I've had a very very heavy lay on it.

The Christmas money is on :D

Only bet of the day for me.

5.45 Wolves, Shoofly, around 2.0 now. There has been lots of money for this horse but I've had a very very heavy lay on it.

The Christmas money is on :D

Your Christmas money doubled, WD

Last edited:
In the 2.15L, I've taken 3/1 the f/c. Wissachicken to beat Big Country. Mightn't seem much of a price, but it's difficult to see any other result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back