What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well be glad I haven't had time to do my write ups today because I've completely done my spuds at Cheltenham. I have a decent bet on Old Guard in the last and a decent RF with Midnight Shadow so between us Des Wholestone and Cyrius should do the 1-2 haha.

Balls ! sums up my day ! Oh well the rest of the year can only go one way from here.

Island Of Life (2.50W) won her latest race a piece easier than a bare reading of the form suggests, and I reckon she's better than a handicapper. Her trainer seems to think so too, as he'll be blowing a good mark to qualfy her for the AW finals.
On breeding, the step up in trip should certainly be a bonus. 7/2 taken.

Newcastle 7:15

STAR CRACKER's record on turf is a mere 3/45. However he is actually 2/13 on the all weather, meaning that he is approximately twice as prolific on all weather surfaces. Star Cracker has only been racing on the all weather from December 2017, just over a year, which isn't a lot of time, (in racing terms). The fact he races off an identical mark to his turf rating of 51, when he clearly isn't as good on turf, may mean there are more races to be won with Star Cracker on the all weather. He won here at Newcastle four starts ago on a mark of 49, then went up three pound to 52. He's been dropped a pound to 51, so warrants a bet at 8/1 or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Island Of Life (2.50W) won her latest race a piece easier than a bare reading of the form suggests, and I reckon she's better than a handicapper. Her trainer seems to think so too, as he'll be blowing a good mark to qualfy her for the AW finals.
On breeding, the step up in trip should certainly be a bonus. 7/2 taken.
Spot on, reet:thumbsup:.

Morning

8.30 Dundalk-Easy Boy

Each Way @ 12-1 [Ladbrokes] 4 Places

Tends to meet trouble with his hold up tactics, but is overdue a clear run

Good to see Laurina out tomorrow. I was looking at Sensulano though, I think she could turn out to be a very good mate in her own right. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
Margie's Choice (5.45K) made all to win a small h/cap, turning handsprings, over this C/D when sporting first-time blinkers.She was subsequently sold to current connections and made her debut for them last month - this time sans headgear, and held up off a none too generous pace. Ran well too, considering she was a mile wrong at the weights, and returns today - in first-time pieces and re-united with her former pilot, Rab Havlin.
Progress expected, in what's effectively a 0-81, and a handy draw; should they allow her to make the pace.
11/2 generally.

Last edited:
Morning

2.05 Wincanton-Midnight Maestro

Each Way @ 7-1 [Marathon Bet]

Good price if you forgive his last run

There's a few decent races tonight at Kempton. I have followed Reet Hard in on Margie's Choice. Plus, a horse I mentioned in the past, Cayirli, runs with the first time tongue tie in the 6:15. I hope he can run to his best form. It also feels as though Buckle Street, (7:15) is well and truly chucked in on his hurdles form, (all weather mark of 63).

Last edited:
Trying a something different dutching accie PAYS 5.3
Battleoverdoyen 2.88
Tornado Flyer 2.88
X
Arvico Bleu 3.25
Punches Cross 3.25
X
Miss Tata 2.75
Meri Devie 5
X
Mister Dino 2.38
Knocknanuss 3

Battleoverdoyen 2.88
Tornado Flyer 2.88
X
Arvico Bleu 3.25
Punches Cross 3.25
X
Miss Tata 2.75 NR
Meri Devie 5 No Bet
X
Mister Dino 2.38
Knocknanuss

200% profit
Miss Tata non runner so no bet on last leg

Last edited:
I reckon I'll have a bet in Chepstow's 1:05 on Monday.

My idea of the winner is called She's Gina. She started off in Germany, then left C Von Der Recke's yard for Seamus Mullin's.
She won on her third start over here in Jan 2018 in a novice hurdle on heavy ground. In May 2018 she ran after a 50 day break to win a class four at Warwick on good-soft. Her latest two starts in November probably need forgiving as they were in Class 3's which she was not ready for at this early stage of her career. She's Gina runs again tomorrow back in class 4 level. Her class four record reads 7171. The fact she has proven herself on both heavy and better ground means she is versatile; often the best handicappers will act on different goings.

There's nothing guaranteed, but I've explained my case. JP Mcmanus has a runner trained by Colin Tizzard, which you don't often see. Venetia Williams has a possible improver down the bottom of the weights while several others have some sort of chance.

Last edited:
I've always like value on outsiders. Let's role the dice...

Last edited:
My main each way bet is obviously on She's Gina. Also did a little win bet on Kestrel Valley just in case. Happy to have those two running for me.

Last edited:
4.45 Newcastle

Both Simon Rowlands and Lawrence Taylor have Zip as top on their figures for his latest run.
The interesting thing is that his last 2 runs were at Southwell, which generally favours soft ground horses, whereas both sides of Zip's pedigree suggest he'd be better on a sounder surface, and already has a decent C/D run under his belt.
If my little theory's correct, he ought to be a good thing off his current mark, yet is still available at 5/1 (Lads)
I'm in! :)

4.45 Newcastle

Both Simon Rowlands and Lawrence Taylor have Zip as top on their figures for his latest run.
The interesting thing is that his last 2 runs were at Southwell, which generally favours soft ground horses, whereas both sides of Zip's pedigree suggest he'd be better on a sounder surface, and already has a decent C/D run under his belt.
If my little theory's correct, he ought to be a good thing off his current mark, yet is still available at 5/1 (Lads)
I'm in! :)

Well done Reet , great analysis !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back