What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.45 Newcastle, Set Piece, laying. Around 1.8 at the minute. Wasn't impressed with the first run even though it won. Seems a hot little race today and at 1.8'ish a definite lay!

Many thanks, Reet. I’m susceptible to a good story and as usual that was a good one from you.

Newcastle 7:15

STAR CRACKER's record on turf is a mere 3/45. However he is actually 2/13 on the all weather, meaning that he is approximately twice as prolific on all weather surfaces. Star Cracker has only been racing on the all weather from December 2017, just over a year, which isn't a lot of time, (in racing terms). The fact he races off an identical mark to his turf rating of 51, when he clearly isn't as good on turf, may mean there are more races to be won with Star Cracker on the all weather. He won here at Newcastle four starts ago on a mark of 49, then went up three pound to 52. He's been dropped a pound to 51, so warrants a bet at 8/1 or thereabouts.

Races in fifteen minutes at Newcastle. I have backed him again.

Last edited:
Nice shout Reet, I am on one of those National Express coaches on a marathon journey to Victoria so I didn't back it but well done anyway, sir.

4.45 Kempton White Coat, around 2.7. Having a max win bet on this. Apparently the last run was a prep, whether you can believe that or not is another story but I was told it won't be beat today. Starting to bite my nails!

Saturday [2.10 Fairyhouse]

Cubomania

Gordon Elliott has won this big handicap the last couple of years, and no surprise to see he has four of the ten runners here. But I like the one that isn't a Gigginstown horse, he knows where the winning post is and ran well on Boxing Day.

Each Way @ 13-2 [Coral] BOG

For what it's worth, while Cadmium looked like he'd run at Fairyhouse, the one that I was most afraid of was Kildorrery.

Alsvinder (1.25L) had his first ever try at 6f over this track 2 weeks ago and, though he attempted to make all at a reasonable pace, was narrowly outsped by Merhoob in the closing stages.
Now Adam Kirby knows he stays I'd expect him to set more even fractions today, and ought to comfortably reverse that result.
Looks a cracking bet at the current 6/1 (Lads).

Last edited:
Alsvinder (1.25L) had his first ever try at 6f over this track 2 weeks ago and, though he attempted to make all at a reasonable pace, was narrowly outsped by Merhoob in the closing stages.
Now Adam Kirby knows he stays I'd expect him to set more even fractions today, and ought to comfortably reverse that result.

Very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant mate,thanks

Saturday [2.10 Fairyhouse]

Cubomania

Gordon Elliott has won this big handicap the last couple of years, and no surprise to see he has four of the ten runners here. But I like the one that isn't a Gigginstown horse, he knows where the winning post is and ran well on Boxing Day.

Each Way @ 13-2 [Coral] BOG

​2nd @ 7-1

Did well to not be beaten far as his jumping was not up to scratch over this trip, horse will win a nice race over further

Only had one bet today, well 2 bets in the same race. 2.40 Kelso. Bracka Lily, Got stuck into this for a win @ 3/1 with the bookies. Still bits of 3's around and also in the same race I layed Choochoobugaloo, around 2.45 at the minute. Good luck to anyone who's betting today.

Fivetwoeight (6.45K) comfortably won a similar contest over C/D 3 ago and was raised just 2lb for that effort. It's his latest run that's the eyecatcher, though.
Dropped back in trip in a strongly run 5f, he ran a blinder, and was closing at the death. Runs off same mark today, but back at his regular distance; hasn't run for 80 days, but has performed well (twice) previously, when returning from longer.
Well worth a poke at the general 6/1.

Queen of Paris 3.30L - outsider LTO but was well in touch with the finishers and rallying at the end, caught my eye - winner monday (cosmic landscape @ 25/1) from same race behind this one. A miserly 4/1 today unfortunately probably due to that 25/1 winner

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Rubbish yesterday, guess the market told it's own story. Onward and upward.

K Club (3.00L) showed an impressive turn of foot to win a C/D contest cosily, 2 ago. Finished behind today's fav subsequently at Kempton (which is probably why the selection's the price she is) but that was a strongly run contest over a stiffer track, and she just didn't last home.
Plenty of pace promised today; but this is Lingfield and she has the best clocker in the business on her back.
The current 10/1 (Lads) is an incredible price, let's hope the market's wrong about this one. :)

I am liking the look of the Irish entry for Ascot's Bet 365 Chase this Saturday, called Call It Magic. We'll see if he gets in the final declarations. I reckon he has some excellent form, which includes the fourth place at Aintree last time. He could run another big race from this mark. His best form has come on soft on heavy though. I wonder if they'll still declare him if it looks like good-soft...

Last edited:
Call It Magic not declared to run. Should be interesting to see if Mister Whitaker can defy top weight. Happy Diva ran a great race last time against Aso. I backed Getontheyager the last day when he dissapointed, maybe he could run better. I will probably be watching with interest but not having a bet.

Last edited:
Have to back Happy Diva again.

Off to haydock today, have to back BallyArthur again against Daklondike marbs - probably a mistake .... again

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back