What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicholls looks shocked that he was beaten - run right to his level, beat the horses expected to beat - on RUK.

Cannot see how todays race was a plus for Politologue (best fresh apparently) or Defi de Seuii (won this last year and continues miserable run) for March.

I didn't want Politologue to run here. I wanted it mad fresh in March.

But I still can't quite accept that he was 100% hard fit for this and maybe it told. Nicholls probably thought it wouldn't stop him but the winner has surprised him.

I'm more likely to think today was First Flow's Champion Chase but we won't know for sure until March.

It's all about opinions, though.

Like Royale Pagaille, the ratings will tell you one thing, but it will be a very different test in March. First Flow has a lot of the attributes you'd want in a champion chaser. Never looked quite quick enough until today. (scrambled home in the castleford, off a big weight)

Yes I agree, HK. I'd much rather be backing First Flow each way at current prices than the fav at 5/4. I couldn't disagree more with Double on this.

Last edited:
I reckon RP will go up 12lbs to 168.

On ORs that will put him in the top 7 of the home horses, all of which bar Santini and maybe Frodon can safely be discounted.

Plus what did he have in hand?

And how much more can he improve over the next eight weeks?

ABP is currently 175 and unlikely to improve much, if anything, on it.

Royale Pagaille reminded one of the ITV people of Master Oats. He reminds me maybe more of Gloria Victis.

But that went wrong too :(

Edit

I wonder if they might even bring him out next Saturday under a 5lbs penalty!

Last edited:
Skybet offering 10/11 for Royal Pagaille to run in the Gold Cup.

Printing money

Last edited:
Note Bleu 4.15K chased a strong pace over c/d latest (the 2 others involved finished last 2) but still performed well to finish 2nd.
Tom Queally should be wise enough not to fall in the same trap, today.
7/2 general.

So I don't forget. One for tomorrow.

Down Royal 3.50 Young Dev ran an excellent race when in third place the last day giving weight to the eventual winner, Notice To Close. The winner has actually won three races on the bounce while holding a cheltenham festival entry. Young Dev was staying on near the finish really well that day, so I give him an excellent chance off his handicap chase mark.

Last edited:
Think Goodnightgodbless on 2nd run since has a solid each way chance tomorrow [3pm Punchestown]

Not surprised the opening 10-1 has gone, now 7's

Finished 5th and now upped in trip today [3.50 Down Royal]

Opened up at 20's yesterday...currently 9-1

Falcon Brook 6.40W went off too quick in his first-time pieces 2 ago over 1m, then went too slow from the front of a 4 runner field latest

5/1 B365

So I don't forget. One for tomorrow.

Down Royal 3.50 Young Dev ran an excellent race when in third place the last day giving weight to the eventual winner, Notice To Close. The winner has actually won three races on the bounce while holding a cheltenham festival entry. Young Dev was staying on near the finish really well that day, so I give him an excellent chance off his handicap chase mark.

Entered Fairyhouse Saturday.

Falcon Brook 6.40W went off too quick in his first-time pieces 2 ago over 1m, then went too slow from the front of a 4 runner field latest

5/1 B365
Backed down to 2/1 fav, then proceeds to run like a crab.:rolleyes:

Edited to add:
Given the paucity of runners, I'd suspect stable is under a cloud, and will swerve for the near future.

Last edited:
Wiley Post 2.25L Was drawn wide in a hot race latest, and was dropped out in rear; showed a real turn of foot to pass the whole field but, as a consequence, had little left for the closing stages. This better draw and sharper track should show him in a better light today.
11/1 Sky & BF.

I badly want Allaho to win the Kinloch Brae today and win well for my ap portfolio but evens about a horse who's been poor the last twice makes him opposable and even with a penalty Battleoverdoyen is fair at 9/2. The rest of the field scream meh at me.

I badly want Allaho to win the Kinloch Brae today and win well for my ap portfolio but evens about a horse who's been poor the last twice makes him opposable and even with a penalty Battleoverdoyen is fair at 9/2. The rest of the field scream meh at me.

Agreed. He's priced up on his best form, which he's failed to show yet this season.

But in case he does win, this morning could be the last opportunity to avail of what is excellent value in Skybet's Request a Bet offer about Shishkin & Envoi Allen winning the Arkle & Marsh and Al Boum Photo, Allaho and Paisley Park placing in any race.

50/1 about something that is no bigger than 20/1 at best prices and facilitates a combination of win and place only in a straight line acca

Last edited:
I must admit, I thought my aching heart would have been soothed to an extent by now byt, alas, it looks like the agony is going to go for a while although obviously I hope I'm wrong.

With an increasingly heavy heart I find myself opposing Celtic (at around 1/9) this evening at home to Hamilton. The current odds - generally around 1/11 the home win - have me wondering if the bookies are paying any attention at all to what's going on up here. Those odds would be expected if we were in any sort of form but we are a pathetic wussy bunch right now, disintegrating in front of the fans' TV screens.

I have no idea how much truth there is in the rumours but they are alarming: indiscipline in Dubai, bullying behind the scenes, players queuing to ask away, etc. Meantime, the fans' perception is that Dermot Desmond is fiddling like Nero at a bonfire ceilidh.

I don't believe that for a minute. I was told a month that two very big (for Celtic) names had been approached. I was told last week that this will be Lennon's last game in charge and that a new boss will be unveiled on Friday (I know the name but will keep it for now in case it doesn't happen), that Lennon's severance package and the new backroom staff were holding up negotiations. I've also since been told cold water has been poured on the move.

Things are clearly dire at the club.

But, we should still be good enough to see off a plucky Hamilton yet we aren't. Other sides recently have showed 'lesser' teams how to beat us. Park a bus at the back, press tightly further up from the start and we'll give up after half an hour, presenting them with set-piece chances in the final hour. Kick everything in sight. The ref will do next to nothing.

There's no way of knowing which of our players are turning up ready for the fight. Jeremie Frimpong looks like being granted his request to leave (to Leverkusen for £11.5m) so probably won't feature here. We have no other reliable right backs. Young Karamoko Dembele has reportedly been trying to negotiate his exit. He wouldn't be a loss as he has failed to build on his promise of his early teenage years. It looks like he just can't handle the physical side of the game up here and referees are in no rush to protect Celtic players in their determination to 'stop the ten' (which is now a bit of a laugh since we're doing a fine job of it by ourselves).

So, I do hope I'm wrong and that we show some real form tonight but I've been hoping that for long enough and it hasn't been happening.

Black days all round and the gloom doesn't look like lifting tonight.

Hope I'm wrong.

I must admit, I thought my aching heart would have been soothed to an extent by now byt, alas, it looks like the agony is going to go for a while although obviously I hope I'm wrong.

With an increasingly heavy heart I find myself opposing Celtic (at around 1/9) this evening at home to Hamilton. The current odds - generally around 1/11 the home win - have me wondering if the bookies are paying any attention at all to what's going on up here. Those odds would be expected if we were in any sort of form but we are a pathetic wussy bunch right now, disintegrating in front of the fans' TV screens.

I have no idea how much truth there is in the rumours but they are alarming: indiscipline in Dubai, bullying behind the scenes, players queuing to ask away, etc. Meantime, the fans' perception is that Dermot Desmond is fiddling like Nero at a bonfire ceilidh.

I don't believe that for a minute. I was told a month that two very big (for Celtic) names had been approached. I was told last week that this will be Lennon's last game in charge and that a new boss will be unveiled on Friday (I know the name but will keep it for now in case it doesn't happen), that Lennon's severance package and the new backroom staff were holding up negotiations. I've also since been told cold water has been poured on the move.

Things are clearly dire at the club.

But, we should still be good enough to see off a plucky Hamilton yet we aren't. Other sides recently have showed 'lesser' teams how to beat us. Park a bus at the back, press tightly further up from the start and we'll give up after half an hour, presenting them with set-piece chances in the final hour. Kick everything in sight. The ref will do next to nothing.

There's no way of knowing which of our players are turning up ready for the fight. Jeremie Frimpong looks like being granted his request to leave (to Leverkusen for £11.5m) so probably won't feature here. We have no other reliable right backs. Young Karamoko Dembele has reportedly been trying to negotiate his exit. He wouldn't be a loss as he has failed to build on his promise of his early teenage years. It looks like he just can't handle the physical side of the game up here and referees are in no rush to protect Celtic players in their determination to 'stop the ten' (which is now a bit of a laugh since we're doing a fine job of it by ourselves).

So, I do hope I'm wrong and that we show some real form tonight but I've been hoping that for long enough and it hasn't been happening.

Black days all round and the gloom doesn't look like lifting tonight.

Hope I'm wrong.

Tske good care of Ben Davies from Preston when you sign him. You’ve got some player. Be in Prem when hes done with you.

Gutted he’s leaving us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back