What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Tepmokea, ridden by Hayley Turner in the 5:00 today, was 3rd in Old Newton Cup on Soft Ground a few years back but has not really got to race on that type of ground again. I'm putting a line through the last run.
They're trying with cheekpieces on the horse now which seems to have yielded some success, including a trip abroad.
I'd love to see a bit of rain arrive at Chester for Tepmokea. Re-the draw, over !m2F, I trust Turner if the horse is good enough.

Last edited:
Ektihaam in the Huxley at Chester. Course should suit and the rain last night might have compromised the chances of Telescope.

Ektihaam
Strictly Silver
Quickaswecan

Doubles & treble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the 14:45 at Chester Orchestra at current odds of 4/1 looks a fair bet. Breeding indicates he will improve when tackling middle-distances, and rain-softened ground should be a plus. Fitness after 259-day break has to be taken on trust, of course.

Gone for Makafeh in the first at Chester, gelded as a 2yo, ran some good races in defeat last year. The fact Luca has kept hold of him & not sent him to the sales, suggests he is capable of performing at this level in my opinion. 10-1 is a fair price.

Interesting that Tepmokea, ridden by Hayley Turner in the 5:00 today, was 3rd in Old Newton Cup on Soft Ground a few years back but has not really got to race on that type of ground again. I'm putting a line through the last run.
They're trying with cheekpieces on the horse now which seems to have yielded some success, including a trip abroad.
I'd love to see a bit of rain arrive at Chester for Tepmokea. Re-the draw, over !m2F, I trust Turner if the horse is good enough.
Anyone interested in this one needs to get involved now at the prices, horse is shortening. 25's won't be there long. Best of luck everyone.

Last edited:
In the 14:45 at Chester Orchestra at current odds of 4/1 looks a fair bet. Breeding indicates he will improve when tackling middle-distances, and rain-softened ground should be a plus. Fitness after 259-day break has to be taken on trust, of course.

good call Bolero :cool:

two bets this afternoon..

3.25 South. Interconnection..currently 3.75
5.10 South. Hallouella...currently 5.4

no write ups..but i have very good reasons for backing em:)

Good shout!

Strictly Silver looked like being ridden for another day.

Don't know what to make of Ektimaal.

Carlo Bugatti not off an inch.

good call Bolero :cool:

two bets this afternoon..

3.25 South. Interconnection..currently 3.75

5.10 South. Hallouella...currently 5.4

no write ups..but i have very good reasons for backing em:)

A rare blank for you EC.

Cheers guys. A bit of a heart stopper in the end, but Orchestra would have won slightly more comfortably had he not hung right. Think he stays the distance fine myself, but being a big horse probably needs a bit more time to reach full fitness?

Yeah thanks, Boleron, but well done on Orchestra.
Frontier Fighter can get his head in front in the first. Rated 104 on A/W but just 94 on turf.
With shrewd trainer who will try and exploit this.
Very interesting that he is being brought to Chester, would have been out of his depth the last time, but can do better tomorrow.

Last edited:
I've backed three so far today.

Pintura in the first at Chester (track, trip, ground to suit).

Tiradia at Mkt Rasen (can defy hike in weights, Roddy put this up when it won at Taunton).

Knight Batchelor in the bumper at Mkt Rasen (yard in form and has 25pc strike rate in bumpers).

Have had just a small e/w bet today on Captain Myles in the 15:15 sprint at Chester (at 25/1, still available in 3-places at time of writing). No other reason than he's never run on soft-ground turf before, but is by the 'mudder' sprint sire Captain Rio, plus damsire Inchinor seemed to handle any going. Would prefer 6f, but you can't have everything! :)

GL today with your bets!

Non-runner in the end!

Last edited:
Have had just a small e/w bet today on Captain Myles in the 15:15 sprint at Chester (at 25/1, still available in 3-places at time of writing). No other reason than he's never run on soft-ground turf before, but is by the 'mudder' sprint sire Captain Rio, plus damsire Inchinor seemed to handle any going. Would prefer 6f, but you can't have everything! :)

GL today with your bets!

Tim Pitt, trainer: "He paid the price for finishing second to a decent horse at Carlisle last season, which was his only run so far on turf, but is gradually coming down again. He hasn't been getting home over longer trips on the all-weather, so we're dropping him back to five furlongs. But the ground is a worry and if it keeps raining, he would be a doubtful runner."

Stomp in the 3.05 at Lingfield. He won well last time out at Windsor when he had to come wide and late from the back in not that stronger run race.

I like Hilstar in the grade today but a mile and 3/4 could really push his stamina.

Tim Pitt, trainer: "He paid the price for finishing second to a decent horse at Carlisle last season, which was his only run so far on turf, but is gradually coming down again. He hasn't been getting home over longer trips on the all-weather, so we're dropping him back to five furlongs. But the ground is a worry and if it keeps raining, he would be a doubtful runner."

Yep, he was a non-runner alright. Breeding is not always a pointer, but most Captain Rio's just love cut in the ground, so am a bit surprised. The stable know best though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back