What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Providing the going doesn't get any softer Cono Zur is handicapped to win the 9.10 at Musselburgh.Usually wins 1 or 2 a season and likes it the firmer the better.Should hopefully make all.

interesting little race is the 9.10 Colzoss.....i think for definate camarooney will take your fancy on for the lead and set it up for a late runner..probably outlaw torn

Zarwaan (3.45) was attempting the impossible conceding 10lbs to subsequent French Guineas fourth Muwaary, and the form has been further franked by the 3rd winning a valuable handicap since. Has Bilimbi to beat, but his chances are better than his price suggests.
Eshtiaal (4.05) looked a horse who needs further when finishing well in a 97k Ascot handicap. Had no chance to shine in a Haydock dawdle subsequently. Goes well fresh, and the headgear suggests he means business today.

Nice little Hamdan win & place double, for those who indulge in such things.

Zarwaan for me as well. Went into the tracker at Newbury and the third that day isn't the only horse to have franked that race.

Took 9/2 about Hot Streak before the decs last weekend. Pearl Secret a danger though.

Soft ground at The Curragh and a few of the favourites will be vulnerable today and tomorrow.Capella Sanservo is from a family that adores soft/heavy ground and racing against a War Front horse -nap of the weekend at 11/4.Viztoria will love the soft-Darwin -ex American-won't like the soft.There is an assumption that Kingman will love the going but that's not what his breeding says-I will take him on with Mustajeeb and Johann Strauss at 40/1.
Not a weekend to be getting stuck not skinny ones at The Curragh.

The 8/11 on Cappella was a winning bet-but only after Gary Carroll rode a very nervous race.Joseph now rides Johann Strauss.

No luck, EC1. Great to see Kingman do it in such style.

That was almost certainly the 130+ performance I said I thought the horse had in his locker before the Newmarket race. I expect Australia to shorten up yet again for the Derby now.

Last edited:
I'd ignore our 2000 guineas ...don't think the split field job suited Kingman...and make Kingman a short favourite

I still wonder if Kingman was at his best that day, apart from falling out of the stalls. I said at the time, that [falling out of the stalls] and maybe going a shade early might have cost him a fair bit. But he was mightily good today.

2.50 Fontwell-Popaflora @ 3-1 [William Hill] BOG

Trainer Dan Skelton got his horses running well

2.15 Curragh

Artic ew. Although hasn't shown much saw glimpses for me last 2 runs. His 2 wins been at the curragh and he'll love the ground. 25/1.

Noble Mission in the Tatts GC

Always showed he has talent but had been very quirky, now in great form, Magician the obvious (and pretty much only) danger and probably a better horse but the ground should suit NM a lot more. 6/4+ decent.

Kelso 2.40 Discoverie 13/2 e/way

I think this horse has been put away and plotted up for this race - His last race at Hexham in December has worked out well with the two in front of him both running well off 10lb+ higher marks. This race is being sponsored by the Coppola family and they also own this horse.

They are also sponsoring the 3.10 and Have Solis running so will do a small e/way on Solis and a small e/way double, but Discoverie is the one I fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back