What Are You Listening To Now?

From the bottom of my heart.

SWonder

SW Sunday ls

Thats my goal.

Shayne Ward-is a lot better than i first thought

Planxty Irwin by Turlough O'Carolan.

Composed for Colonel John Irwin around 1713 who was the High Sheriff of Sligo in 1713.

We will take our way without delay
To see a Noble, brave and gay,
The gallant Colonel near the sea,
Him I mean to treat of;
With mirth and joy he fills his glasses,
Delights to cheer both lads and lasses,
This is John I will answer
The brave English Irelander.

Johnny Cash - American IV:The Man Comes Around.

Seminal. You can stick yer Artic Monkeys/Kaiser Chiefs/Coldplay where the sun dont shine, when i want to listen to music other than metal nothing can touch the man in black.

Have you seen the film about his life Walk The Line - Euro ? Dave G did I think and thought it was very good.

Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down

Normally, I can't stand NME flash in pan style bands but this has a really crunchy riff! That said, look good dancefloor has already gone beyond annoying and no doubt WTSGD will tire me eventually.

I got carried away with The Platters - I find I've bought two compilations (in the last couple of months), so I imagine senile dementia has started.

Today, I went into a CD shop called 'FOPP' and bought !Ay Caramba! x Ska Cubano. The store girls were playing it and we all said it made us wanna dance, and as it was the only copy instore I bought it. £15 - a king's ransom! I thought it might do for a bit of genteel private exercising, and I'm clearly on the right track, as the sleeve note reads:

'Like to bounce? :blink: Kinda nasty? Love risks? (How well these guys know me already, so soon.) Fuelled up by the tropical heat of Santiago de Cuba, rammed by the relentless up-'ching' of ska TRES and driven to the edge of sanity by the crazy melodies and galloping rhythms of the Caribbean, this is dance floor propellant with more octane than a skiing llama.'

I had to sit down and have a cuppa Tetley's after that exhausting intro - if I'm off-forum for a couple of months, it'll be down to overdoing my rumbitas and merengues. Ay, ay, ay.... arrrriva!

Back