What Are You Listening To Now?

Whatever People Say... was an album. FWN is a few good tracks with a fair bit of filler.

Fluorescent Adolescent is worthy of a place on the first album.

Originally posted by betsmate@Apr 25 2007, 10:43 PM
Whatever People Say... was an album. FWN is a few good tracks with a fair bit of filler.
Couldn't put it better myself.

Teddy Picker, Fluorescent, 505, Balaclava and House Is a Circus are all very good tracks. The Bad Thing is nothing short of dire, Only Ones Who Know has blatantly been crow-barred in order to get another ballad on the album.

Whatever People Say was full of classics from start to finish with the possible exception of Vampires. I can't understand why the critics are praising this latest frankly quite lazy and rushed weak effort.

I first saw them at The Forum in Sheffield in March 2005 and was hooked from then on and I always feared they'd get too big and trip themselves up, I just hope they bounce back with something better next time out.

I worry that Alex doesn't have the raw material to write about now he's not pissing about in Sheffield with his mates as a normal teenager. Anyone who had lived their late teens and early twenties in the late 90s and early 2000s could relate to Whatever, I suspect that "romance" surrounding the album won't carry on in future material now sadly. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that there success has stemmed Alex's creativity as a song writer.

Yeah, I noticed the PR spin about how the album was written around their experiences since becoming famous and therefore was a 'natural successor' to the first. Seems a bit self-perpetuating to me.

I've got tickets for Lancashire C.C with Supergrass supporting though; should be a laugh.

Me too, I'm going on both nights. Saw Oasis at LCCC and it was awful, full of idiots and the sound system was awful. If the first night is poor I'll be touting my second night one!

Oasis are the West Ham of music - A lot better in the good old days (and not much cop then either really) with a load of retards as fans.
np:

Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain.

Gareth, they were a brilliant band ( I can't describe them as that in the present tense) and I love that intro too.

Just had a few new albums on which imo are all decent.

Manic Street Preachers - Send Away The Tigers
Travis - The Boy with No Name
The Maccabees - Colour It In.

Next up....

The Beach Boys - The Warmth Of The Sun

What`s the Manics album like? For me they`ve been way too commercial since Richey`s disappearance.

np:
A Silver Mt. Zion - He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corners of Our Rooms

Originally posted by Euronymous@May 4 2007, 06:57 PM
What`s the Manics album like? For me they`ve been way too commercial since Richey`s disappearance.

np:
A Silver Mt. Zion - He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corners of Our Rooms
Check it out for yourself.. There's a few others on there too that would propably interest your metal tastes,

http://blu3f0x.co.uk/news/index.php?catego...2_articleid=290

I think it's a return to form myself, after the last couple of disaster albums.

Originally posted by PDJ@May 4 2007, 07:21 PM
The Manics will never top The Holy Bible. A magnificent album.
Great album, but its a tough choice for me between, Holy Bible & Everything Must Go

Both Excellent.

There is some kind of music festival going on in Faringdon over the weekend. Tonight there is a concert in the Market Square in town. I've had to close my windows as it sounds as if they're strangling a cat down there. According to the website I can hear DJ Danny Prince and The Soothsayers. How delightful.

Great album, but its a tough choice for me between, Holy Bible & Everything Must Go

My two favourite albums. It amazes me that after throwing everything they had into something as purely angry as The Holy Bible and coming out of it with one member down and the other three on the brink that they could come up with something as upbeat and (for them) optimistic as Everything Must Go.

Back