What Are You Listening To Now?

about_to_rock.jpg

..WE SALUTE YOU

Originally posted by betsmate@May 5 2007, 01:41 AM
I am not sure that is a positive thing.
Probably not, but I am a fan of artists and bands who play proper instruments and rely on their natural talents. There are a few I could list...... Nirvana, Queen, INXS, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash, Elvis, and Eva Cassidy come immediately to mind. But obviously there are those who are still alive that do a decent job of it too....

Originally posted by betsmate+May 5 2007, 02:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (betsmate @ May 5 2007, 02:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cricketfan@May 5 2007, 01:02 AM
Nirvana, Queen, INXS, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash, Elvis, and Eva Cassidy
A shocking list. [/b][/quote]
Music is quite an individual taste, don't you think ?

I've just had Jamiroquais greatest hits on in the car on the way home from MK. Number one daughter Daisy had the audacity to say all Jamiroquai songs sound the same and then in the next breath she declared Justin Timberlake to be ugly. She is no child of mine :angy:

Originally posted by Arkwright@May 9 2007, 05:40 PM
Travis-The Boy with No Name
So what do you think ?

I only really like 3 tracks out of the 12.

Selfish Jean
Closer
Eyes Wide Open (Probably my fav).

We've got neighbours who love to turn up the volume loud.

Happily, they've got fantastic taste in 60s soul and R&B - currently: Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come".

Now, chaps and chapesses: any know what that lovely dreamy, slow music is that accompanies the M&S 'this isn't just buffalo balls with a rat brain coulis' food adverts, please? It sounds really tropical islandy, and I'd love to buy it.

:eek: Amazing site, Will! That took just a few seconds (Santana - 'Samba Pa Ti') and saved the local Virgin Megastore staff the horror of listening to me trying to hum it to them! :D Many thanks indeed. I'm saving the link to Favourites - it's brilliant! (How clever is this forum?) :)

Back