What are you watching

One of the few unmissable types of programs on the box. Great to catch up with the first batch tonight and looking forward to the next two. Then the long wait for the big 7-0, if God spares me.. and the director.

I've got all three programmes recorded and plan to watch them all again soon.

Some really heartwarming moments, as usual, to balance the increasing sad ones.

As Burns said:

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!

I look at myself in the mirror and wonder if, to others, I look as old as they do at 63. I probably do but can't see it myself. It's a delusion I'll live with...

Series 2 of Killing Eve is back Saturday night.

Just watched Series 1 of this over the past week or so. Enjoyable enough but hardly the magnificent TV the hype said - probably getting additional plaudits for appealing to the #MeToo/LGBTQ movements. 7/10 from me.

I loved it as it was a bit quirky and I thought Jodie Comer superb. Bit gruesome in places but enjoyable.

I've got all three programmes recorded and plan to watch them all again soon.

Some really heartwarming moments, as usual, to balance the increasing sad ones.

As Burns said:

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!

I look at myself in the mirror and wonder if, to others, I look as old as they do at 63. I probably do but can't see it myself. It's a delusion I'll live with...

Cracking TV and would love to know how old "Micheal" is now and what he looks like!

I loved it as it was a bit quirky and I thought Jodie Comer superb. Bit gruesome in places but enjoyable.

Jodie comer was excellent - Sandra Oh not so much. The story was the main bit that I felt let it down as it tested the boundaries of "suspension of disbelief" a bit too much for something with such a lofty reputation - don't mind so much that sort of thing if you're watching some pulp fiction.

Without wanting to usurp Colin and Mo as grumpy old men of the year, I can't be having all these modern dramas that have to take place in reduced lighting with the characters mumbling. Too much like real life and tv should get you away from all that. Roll on the next series of Endeavour.

I spend most of my tv time watching replays of the Savills, Aintree Bowl and Punchestown Gold Cup.:cool:

Endeavour is fantastic telly. Doesn’t get anywhere near the credit it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally I'd engage with this but I've just taken out a Netflix subscription and there are approximately 36 seasons of TV I want to see on it.

Without wanting to usurp Colin and Mo as grumpy old men of the year, I can't be having all these modern dramas that have to take place in reduced lighting with the characters mumbling. Too much like real life and tv should get you away from all that. Roll on the next series of Endeavour.

I don't mind them so long as they are well-written and engaging. Too many of them rely on fancy camera work or gratuitous sex/violence. I've got enough of that within my own four walls...

Endeavour - I saw the first three series on Netflix. Took me a while to get into it because I didn't find the lead character convincing but he's developed well into the part. Thursday steals it regularly. I've been avoiding it since then as I want to catch up with the episodes in order.

A lot of these shows I like because of the settings, the clothes and the old cars.

Maigret (Rowan Atkinson) is (imho) brilliant TV.

One of the few unmissable types of programs on the box. Great to catch up with the first batch tonight and looking forward to the next two. Then the long wait for the big 7-0, if God spares me.. and the director.

Talk about emotionally draining....but what amazing people they've all turned out to be. If 'the will of the people' could make someone happy, Neil would be the happiest person in the world....and what about that awful posh kid turning out to be a thoroughly sound guy?

Sadly one of them, Lynn, is the first to have died ; she seemed to be devoted to those kids who used her library. and Nicholas who seems like a good egg has got cancer. I thought he was very brave talking about it and he seems resigned to his fate :( . You are right about it being emotionally draining Moe, was gutted when it seemed that Neil was at last content and found himself a bride, only to be quickly informed that she'd left him. When he talked about her you could tell how gutted he was and him hoping that she would return - Don't think it's going to happen, Neil! Would love to meet Neil the most out of them all, with cheeky chappy Tony a close second. Will we see them at 70? And how many will have survived, not sure that I'll be around, but will try :lol:, and there must be a doubt about the director Michael Apted, he'll be 85 if he does manage the next one.

Yes, Moehat, the posh guy John struck me as the acceptable face of Conservatism. If he were running for PM on a manifesto based on what he was saying, I could see myself voting for him! I hated watching and listening to him through the early years but latterly he has been coming across as totally 'sound', as you put it.

(The cynic in me says it's easy to be generous when you have plenty, though. I got the impression people like Lynn would give until it hurt and then keep on giving. Bless her.)

Sadly one of them, Lynn, is the first to have died ; she seemed to be devoted to those kids who used her library. and Nicholas who seems like a good egg has got cancer. I thought he was very brave talking about it and he seems resigned to his fate :( . You are right about it being emotionally draining Moe, was gutted when it seemed that Neil was at last content and found himself a bride, only to be quickly informed that she'd left him. When he talked about her you could tell how gutted he was and him hoping that she would return - Don't think it's going to happen, Neil! Would love to meet Neil the most out of them all, with cheeky chappy Tony a close second. Will we see them at 70? And how many will have survived, not sure that I'll be around, but will try :lol:, and there must be a doubt about the director Michael Apted, he'll be 85 if he does manage the next one.

I'm not sure that Neil saying that the love of his life lives in Australia will help heal his broken marriage....

I've really enjoyed Summer of Rockets. Have gone off Poliakoff stuff over the years but this is up with his best I think. I do keep thinking of the ERG though.

Just watched Series 1 of this over the past week or so. Enjoyable enough but hardly the magnificent TV the hype said - probably getting additional plaudits for appealing to the #MeToo/LGBTQ movements. 7/10 from me.

Just playing catch up with this, agree with your summary.

Jodie comer was excellent - Sandra Oh not so much. The story was the main bit that I felt let it down as it tested the boundaries of "suspension of disbelief" a bit too much for something with such a lofty reputation - don't mind so much that sort of thing if you're watching some pulp fiction.

Jodie Comer was brilliant in series one but too many 'carry on' moments made the rest of it very irritating.

I don't mind them so long as they are well-written and engaging. Too many of them rely on fancy camera work or gratuitous sex/violence. I've got enough of that within my own four walls...

Endeavour - I saw the first three series on Netflix. Took me a while to get into it because I didn't find the lead character convincing but he's developed well into the part. Thursday steals it regularly. I've been avoiding it since then as I want to catch up with the episodes in order.

A lot of these shows I like because of the settings, the clothes and the old cars.

Maigret (Rowan Atkinson) is (imho) brilliant TV.

Roger Allam is the reason I watch it, can't warm to Evans at all.

The Looming Tower is very, very good.

This got better and better. The last episode is so, so sad. I have ordered the book it is based on. The only disappointment is one of the main characters should have been tried for treason and they don't say what actually happened to her. I really hope she got some come-uppance.

Back