What are you watching

Just saw the second half of Voyages of Discovery on BBC4 about the Arctic explorer Nansen (who I’d never heard of). Going to watch the first half on catchup ( I make a habit of this, don’t I…). Did some amazing stuff politically later in his life, too.

Watched Children of Green knowe this week, I would use two words I don't often use in the context of describing a TV show.

It is innocent and delicate. A fairly sparse story but it has a sense of fun that you rarely find in later TV.

Watched Good Vibrations last week -a film about the Belfast punk scene in the late 70's -worth a watch if you are into music.
Watching The Gentlemen on Netflix this week -it's like everything else Guy Ritchie has ever done but I am definitely enjoying it.

Euro, I'll PM you at some point re catheter issues. I'm being monitored at the moment.

One film I forgot to mention recently is The Outfit with Mark Rylance in the lead role.

I'd have to say the gangster characters weren't entirely convincing but from a technical point of view it's quite riveting. If you watch it you'll know what I'm getting at.

Maybe too late but it's just started on BBC1 if anyone wants to watch/record it.

Has anyone watched Yellowstone and then watched the prequel 1923? I’m only asking because I’ve never watched a series ( 1923) that’s reasonably good but has the most irritating accents I’ve ever come across in a programme. What on earth were they thinking? I keep thinking of Chernobyl in which the director just told everyone to speak in their normal voices so as not to detract people with phoney Russian accents.

On the brothers' recommendation, we watched E1 of Ludwig last night.

I can see why they like it and will watch the next episode. I do think, though, that's it was inspired by the US series from about 20 years back Numbers but with more of a British comedy-drama feel to it.

Watched Children of Green knowe this week, I would use two words I don't often use in the context of describing a TV show.

It is innocent and delicate. A fairly sparse story but it has a sense of fun that you rarely find in later TV.
They’re bringing out a special 40th anniversary dvd of The Box of Delights which includes new features and interviews. Along with Hypnogoria ( Mr Jim Moon) going to town with the anniversary I’m going to be wallowing in nostalgia this Christmas. And I’ll definitely be watching The Children of Green Knowe in the lead up to Christmas. I’d love to visit the house.

On the brothers' recommendation, we watched E1 of Ludwig last night.

I can see why they like it and will watch the next episode. I do think, though, that's it was inspired by the US series from about 20 years back Numbers but with more of a British comedy-drama feel to it.
It was recommended on the Must Watch podcast so I’m going to give it a go, too.

Back