Who's the best actual jumper of a fence you've seen?

The best jumpers in Horse Racing are normally average and clean up at the show jumping circuit.

Sorry I can't offer a valid opinion on this one.

Geez Harry make it easy why don't you?:blink:

I really couldn't single one out. Mill House, Arkle, Dunkirk, Desert Orchid, Red Rum, Pendil, Wayward lad, Border Incident, Jodami, Master Minded are but a few that all had their moments and now we have Sprinter Sacre clearing them with a foot to spare.

Visually the fastest jumper of a fence would be either Dunkirk or Desert Orchid but I suppose Arkle and Pendil who were both very precise could have actually been faster from A to B.

Too hard a question for me to answer tbh

Remittance Man is the best I've seen.

Desert Orchid, Edredon Bleu & Master Minded are others that spring to mind.

Sprinter Sacre has looked pretty special over fences this season as well.:)

Dublin Flyer was magnificent. DO of course but surely Best Mate was as smooth and economical as any

It never fails to amaze me (as a showjumping bore)just how many horses have not been schooled properly to make the correct 'shape' over a fence and thus land running.

Mind you, Moscow Flyer was absolutely awful and he didn't do too badly!

Buck House for a handy horse had great enthusiasm. Kilkilowen of Jim Dreapers at the same time had a great leap. Clan Royal and Hedgehunter tearing around GN 2004 showed enthusiasm that I have rarely witnessed from two horses. Who will ever forget Tingle Creek around Sandown. Ah the memories!!!

Hoo la Baloo as a novice was spectacular; there's a great photo of him jumping at Sandown.

Dessie obviously one of the best too.

Buck House for a handy horse had great enthusiasm. Kilkilowen of Jim Dreapers at the same time had a great leap. Clan Royal and Hedgehunter tearing around GN 2004 showed enthusiasm that I have rarely witnessed from two horses. Who will ever forget Tingle Creek around Sandown. Ah the memories!!!

Am I right in saying that Buck House and Kilowen took on Dawn Run in her novice chase.

Remittance Man
Edredon Bleu
Best Mate
Grey Abbey
Master Minded (at his best)
Fondmort

Sprinter Sacre looks like he is heading in their direction, at present.

Captain Christy was a very exciting jumper. Given he fell so often fingers had to be crossed at every fence, but he was spectacular when he got it right.

It never fails to amaze me (as a showjumping bore)just how many horses have not been schooled properly to make the correct 'shape' over a fence and thus land running.

Mind you, Moscow Flyer was absolutely awful and he didn't do too badly!

Takes too long.

Tingle Creek and Panto Prince for me

with an honorary mention to Happy Hussar :<3:

A match race was arranged between Dawn Run and Buck House, the only time I'm aware of a match race in NH racing. Perhaps it happens more in Ireland?

Ok so if people are naming more than one, my others are One Man, Comply or Die, Remittance Man......Battlecry was an exciting jumper

Back