"Who's The Daddy" Forum Competition - Register Now

Steve T

Journeyman
From the limited research I have done (a quick Forum Search) it would appear that we haven't had a Forum "Daddy" since 2004, to that end, next week I propose to run the 2013 Talking Horses "Who's The Daddy" competition!

A very distant 2nd place in the Fantasy Football Competition on the Other Sports section has won me a prize and in this age of recycling I have decided to wrap that kind gesture from Colin into a prize for this competition.

This will be a ‘winner-takes-all’ competition with the Forum Daddy walking away with a £50 bet of their choice. There will however be a spot prize for the highest daily total achieved between Monday & Thursday of a “Host your own Race Night” DVD game.

It works something like this:

• Players will have £1,000 to bet with daily.
  • There are no restrictions on bet type, but minimum stake for multiples is £10. Only bets on UK & Irish Horse racing taking place on that day will be accepted.
  • Failure to post your selections before the off time of your opponents first selection will result in a stewards enquiry and probable disqualification.
  • The biggest return wins a group or match. The winner of each group/match will move on to the next round on the following day.
  • In the event of a match where neither player gets a return, the nearest to draw a return in terms of distance beaten will be the deciding factor in who goes through.
  • In the event of N/Rs and no reserve being posted the stakes will be spread equally amongst all your other selections.
  • IMPORTANT rule for the final:
    Should they desire, in addition to the normal bank, players will be able, though not obliged, to play up their returns from Saturday on Sunday.
So, from now until Sunday 28th April Midnight – register your entry on this thread and you’re in.

Monday 29th April will be qualifying for the knockout stages of the tournament to start on Tuesday. The total number of entries will determine how this works exactly, but it will likely be a combination of matches/groups with the winner, highest scoring runners up etc. qualifying for the knockout round on Tuesday.

Tuesday 30th April will see 16 knockout ties pairing up those who have qualified on Monday in a random draw, winner of each tie progressing to…...

Wednesday 1st May and the last 16, 8 knockout ties to find our quarter finalists who will battle it out on….

Thursday 2nd May with those left in dreaming of glory as the 8 quarter finalists play off for a place in the Friday semi-finals.

Friday 3rd May is Semi-final day and the 4 competing have a double bank to play with to help qualify for the 2 day final at the weekend.

Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th May is finals weekend and the 2 finalists go head to head with a double bank each day to bet with, as well as an additional bank on each day that must be placed on the Guineas each day. Competitors may also play up any returns from Saturday on Sunday of this 2 day final.

Any queries or loopholes are subject to being closed after someone has exploited them and all complaints about the “random” draw should be addressed to Bruce and/or Swirly Chaser.

Register now!

I'll say I'm in but my picks will be scuppered by the limited time I'll have to look at this (so I'm getting excuse in early but if I win you'll all know it was a fluke!)

Good on you Steve, the title of the Daddy is a great choice!

1. Diamond Geezer
2. qzy
3. Kauto
4. Bar The Bull
5. del boy
6. Desperate Dan
7. Grey
8. chroniclandlord
9. swedish chef
10. jft2005
11. granger
12. Tout Seul
13. Perpetual
14. montyracing2
15. bigfow
16. Dave G
17. Steve T
18. Part time punter
19. Aragorn
20. Euronymous
21. Triptych
22. On The Bridle
23. edgt

23 runners so far which is great in 24 hours, but lets have at least double that number! Everyone is welcome, old and new alike, if you don't think you'll be able to get to a PC on any of the days you're welcome to text me your selections, PM for a number if you need to.

The last time the comp was run they were fighting for the remaining spaces in a 64 runner field, lets aim for that!

Back