Willie Mullins

Was on RUK.Won despite not really seeing it out-don't think we will see him in any more two and a half mile hurdles.

Another 10 yards Gemix had him-Geraghty was looking around for dangers after the second last.Good day for Irish racing.

I reckon 2m flat track will be his optimum distance, 2m 1 in Cheltenham he would be a sitting duck up the hill I fear, interesting what they do next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's all well and good thinking the horse has plenty left at the line in his 2m races or that his breeding suggests he gets further (no idea if it does fwiw) but he has to settle better if they are to run him over further. he was keen as mustard early on again today.

one thing that was noticeable was his jumping today. he gave plenty of air at a few of those hurdles, which are more like the fixed brush variety than our timber. to my eye he'd be fine going over fences.

not sure we'll be seeing him again this season.

Shocking ride on Gemix he gave UDS much too much rope as the franch jump jocks did Soumilion the other year. If he had sat a little closer Gemix would have won comfortably .

UDS is an exciting horse but Mullins was plainly right . I suspect he would have been swallowed up with ease at Cheltenham .

Quite the opposite
Gemix ridden perfect, running on better ground.
Nothing to compare with that Soumillon ride.

Un de sceux running in some places on worst ground and lucky too get home, over a longer trip than ideal.

Un de sceaux jumped quite well but i dont think he was at his best.

I think he is the most likely winner if the champion hurdle for next season but has to see him on better ground.

Quite the opposite
Gemix ridden perfect, running on better ground.
Nothing to compare with that Soumillon ride.

Un de sceux running in some places on worst ground and lucky too get home, over a longer trip than ideal.

Un de sceaux jumped quite well but i dont think he was at his best.

I think he is the most likely winner if the champion hurdle for next season but has to see him on better ground.

Surely it's just how far he wins by. Winning distance?

I see Ballylongford running today from the de Bromhead yard after running a great race for Mullins last time at the Punchestown festival. Potts can't have too many left with Mullins now.

I see Ballylongford running today from the de Bromhead yard after running a great race for Mullins last time at the Punchestown festival. Potts can't have too many left with Mullins now.

Any reason why Potts is moving his lot back to De Bromhead? Maybe Potts is just another owner at the Mullins yard, it must be a difficult balance to strike to keep all these top end owners happy, I assume Rich Ricci gets first option when it comes to buying the cream or is it who wants to pay the most?

Any reason why Potts is moving his lot back to De Bromhead? Maybe Potts is just another owner at the Mullins yard, it must be a difficult balance to strike to keep all these top end owners happy, I assume Rich Ricci gets first option when it comes to buying the cream or is it who wants to pay the most?

Would be between Ricci and Graham Wylie for the top horses, I reckon. Apparently Ricci was pissed off last summer when Wylie got the most expensive of their purchases from a sale in France. Gigginstown and McManus will buy/breed their own though so that won't be a problem and neither would be fussed about being top dog or not having so many trainers. Potts would be different though I imagine, being number one at De Bromhead's. They also seem to swap and change their trainers quite a bit, they certainly used to have quite a few in Britain with Hobbs and Twiston-Davies mainly, but don't seem to anymore. Same as Barry Connell actually, in that respect. I wonder why he's never had any with Mullins?

Simon-Barry Connell has had horses with Mags Mullins for the last few years.I think Mags is the mother of Danny and ex wife of Tony.

Back