Winter Travel

Out of interest, is there anywhere is Europe guaranteed good weather towards the end of November...by good weather I mean 25c plus?

They sing in our song contests, and compete in our football tournaments so if you regard Israel as quasi Europe, you'll probably find Eilat is your best bet

Actually Gal, I'm pretty sure Sevilla will still be those kind of temperatures, even at that time of year. In the summer months it gets so hot half the locals leave, it often hits 35-40. It's also one of the most beautiful places I've been to and I can't recommend it highly enough, especially if you fancy a bit of culture.

....and Ryanair fly to Jerez, which is only around an hour away, tops!

Last edited:
Actually Gal, I'm pretty sure Sevilla will still be those kind of temperatures, even at that time of year. In the summer months it gets so hot half the locals leave, it often hits 35-40. It's also one of the most beautiful places I've been to and I can't recommend it highly enough, especially if you fancy a bit of culture.

....and Ryanair fly to Jerez, which is only around an hour away, tops!

Never been at that time of year but I agree about the city - stunning.

We were in Sevilla in February,went Ryanair £2 basic fare, Airport was Sevilla I think, 25 Euro Taxi to City Centre.
Superb Restauarants, seemed very safe, we walked around at 2.00am no problems. Temperature 23 in day time cooler at night but jumper not jacket.
Beautiful city, lots of history but also very modern.

There is an airport in Sevilla, Ryanair must only have started flying there fairly recently.

I agree, the restaurants are superb - especially in Barrio de Santa Cruz. I'd also recommend the tour of the city in the horse and trap, you get to see a few decent sights. You might want an English speaking one though - at the time I went, my Spanish was just about good enough that I could understand most of what the Spanish guide said. The Alcazar is worth a visit too. Sevilla is still very Spanish, the times I went not much English was spoken there. It is aso very Catholic and they revere the Madonna there, with shrines to her everywhere.

Supposed to be touching down at Bangkok Airport next Saturday morning. Four of us are going and we`re a tad concerned, we`ve been told to ring the airline on Friday to see what the script is.

You've had some bad luck on your recent ventures outside the UK. I seem to recall you had a trip to an abandoned and wind-blasted Fairyhouse.

Don't think Bangok is viable Euro.

Just back from Dominican Rep. Visually beautiful, but limited for adventure opportunities. Golf was enjoyable, but expensive (€100 per game) and the mandatory caddies would wreck yer noggin. Mrs AC went down several times (in the ocean) and remained unmolested (by sharks).

I have done all inclusive hols before on the basis that there was a town nearby
to provide food and entertainment variability. This was not the case here and was regrettable. It rained 5 out of 14 days.

All in all? A 6 out of 10 holiday. If the other people on the trip hadn't been such fun it would be 4 out of 10.

Heading off to Canada for a ski trip on Monday. Shouldn't really encounter Thai anti-goverment protests or Deccan Freedom Fighters. Just hoping there won't be a francophone uprising.

I did a US trip for 10 days from San Francisco to Los angeles,

Santa Barbara is good but California in general didnt impress me.

Don't think Bangok is viable Euro.

Just back from Dominican Rep. Visually beautiful, but limited for adventure opportunities.

Cancun is miles ahead of Dominicana and similar weather but you have saved some money to lose it betting in bumpers, well done

Where you in Santa Domingo An or the other side of the island?

Went there when younger and found the all inclusive hotel deals pretty good if you're just into beach stuff and hotel activities ie. wind surfing, canoeing in the sea etc. Dangerous if you go off campus - or so we were told.

I only got back here on Wednesday morning but apparently there was snow/monster hailstones on Tuesday night.

Big storm on at the moment too I think - well lots of heavy rain :(

Where you in Santa Domingo An or the other side of the island?
I was on the Northside of the island. I can believe it is dangerous outside, and when we ventured we always hired a taximan or guide to keep us honest. I was afraid of running into a rabid spanish speaker who might mistake me for Che Guevara Lynch.

Back