World Hurdle 2015

If Harry Fry is being totally upfront and he's not already being treated he going to have about 10 days downtime.

The could make Aintree but I wouldn't bet him

"We will now be doing all we can to get him right, freshen him up and prepare him for the race at Aintree in which he finished a close second to The New One a year ago.

"It could be a tight schedule, though it helps that there are four weeks this year between Cheltenham and Aintree."

I've had about 12 bets ONLY 3 main ones all safe so far but already lost ROR (3 figures) and Glingerburn (A fiver) one more and that's so 25% not hard to believe

REally it's got to be more than that with the amount of people who have 2 quid on 100/1 shots hoping for lickcuies.

This looks a nightmare for tomorrow. I fancied Lieutenant Colonel but I see he doesn't have form on good ground. The one that slightly stands out at a price is Cole Harden, complete with wind op. Each way only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still intrigued by Blue Fashion. The form of his 2 UK runs just reads so well and the 3 Lengths 2nd to Faugheen in November just keeps looking better and better.

And while the Hendo stable money all seems to be for Whisper, the reality is that Jocks can often get it wrong when choosing horses - McCoy passing up Jezki and MOT last year as prime recent festival examples.

I'm still intrigued by Blue Fashion. The form of his 2 UK runs just reads so well and the 3 Lengths 2nd to Faugheen in November just keeps looking better and better.

And while the Hendo stable money all seems to be for Whisper, the reality is that Jocks can often get it wrong when choosing horses - McCoy passing up Jezki and MOT last year as prime recent festival examples.

Just remember how heavy Faugheen was that day, he was visibly carrying condition

Last edited:
Yes it's a fair point granger, but even the MOT form from last season. 2 Lengths 2nd to MOT giving him 6lbs and MOT went on to win the World Hurdle. Blue Fashion is obviously fragile or difficult to get right as he is so lightly raced. But at 16/1 & 4 places in an open looking renewal, he'll be going in my E/W multi tomorrow.

Can we just skip a year and have Windsor Park in this please.

Faugheen may have needed the run but Blue Fashion stayed on very nicely. Him choosing Whisper is not ideal though.
Zarkandar has his critics but I think he's the one to beat. The plan has been set this year unlike last year.

I Just can't shake the image of how Zarkandar stopped to a halt after the last in the Long Walk, Frankel.
He went from absolutely cruising to Empty in 2 seconds. I just don't believe he stays sufficiently to win a WH.
I would have had the same view on ROR had he run and I think back to Oscar Whiskey and other 2m4f horses. They just don't quite get the trip imo

Idled in front. Actually picked up again when headed. Better ground, will be played late.
Fully get the scepticism as was beaten in it last year also. Never fancied Oscar or ROR (shame he did not get to prove it though), but think this fella will stay.
Clearly I'm in a minority on here, which is fair enough.

Last edited:
Zarkandar's record off a 60 day break is 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1 with a couple of Gd1's in that lot plus Gd2's and a notoriously competitive handicap

If you take the view that Zarkandar's the winner, then it's unlikely that Sam's chosen wrong by much, which makes you think that Saphir de Rheu must be on his tail and since his form is narrowly ahead of Whisper's he's unlikely to be that far away too. You could have a self defining 1-2-3

Cole Harden is the one that confuses the picture for me. He broke the track record at Whetherby on good ground, on a day when a few records went. It was well documented that the course had been running over the wrong trips, but what came out of the investigation is that the staying hurdle was actually longer than had been advertised by 30yds - and he still beat the record. He hasn't really gone on from that though, and for context, even when he did do this, he beat Medinas by 8L's. IT's not stellar is it? Getting back to that level of promise won't be enough. He'd need to go beyond it to take a hand in this you've got to think. I'm not so sure that I don't view him as a potential winner or a non placer myself though

Last edited:
Idled in front. Actually picked up again when headed. Better ground, will be played late.
Fully get the scepticism as was beaten in it last year also. Never fancied Oscar or ROR (shame he did not get to prove it though), but think this fella will stay.
Clearly I'm in a minority on here, which is fair enough.

I'm in the Zarkandar camp too. Been trained for the race this year unlike last and I liked the way he picked up again when headed at Ascot. Pleased Sam chose the other one as Fehily a huge positive IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back