World Hurdle 2015

The only stuffed-pig in sight will be you with your Beat That vouchers rammed up your inky-dinky, when Blue Fashion struts clear after the last. ;)

:lol:

6.18p I got on Beat That. I'm daft but not that stupid :p I have about 70 times that on ROR...........by all means you can ram them up my inky-dinky if he loses.

Can't believe Barry isn't going to ride Blue Fashion in fact I'm shocked to hear it.........so no Bintang I'm afraid

Last edited:
Barry Geraghty thinks Whisper could be set for a profitable spring campaign as he gears up for a tilt at the Ladbrokes World Hurdle at Cheltenham on March 12.

Closely matched with fellow World Hurdle hope Saphir Du Rheu given a head separated the pair in last season's Welsh Champion Hurdle at Ffos Las, Geraghty said "he is not to be discounted".

Geraghty said: "I think he's set for a good spring and he's showing plenty of sparkle ahead of the World Hurdle, I am really looking forward"

"With More Of That out of the race, it has a wide-open look about it and the form of his Grade One win at Aintree is there for all to see."

Henderson apparently prefers Aintree for Whisper, according to report from a Preview Night this evening. No mention of Blue Fashion.....yet.

#heknows

Whisper is the 2nd highest rated horse in the race and belongs to Dai Walters (Oscar Whisky)

The latter has more to do with what BG rides than his rating.

Whisper may be kept back for Aintree, according to the update Henderson (allegedly) gave at a preview last night.

Whisper is the 2nd highest rated horse in the race and belongs to Dai Walters (Oscar Whisky)

The latter has more to do with what BG rides than his rating.

You dont really pay attention big lad.

Whisper not suited to Cheltenham and will probably run at Aintree.

Why not go lay Whisper for the world hurdle if he's not running?........money for old rope...I'll wait here:)

3 days ago he said he was going now he's maybe not?

Maybe doesn't mean won't and how would you know with Hendo? He gets asked questions and will use maybe or probably in every other sentence
beacuse he knows anything can happen in the next 2 weeks.....Bit odd BG should talk about a spring campaign after he rode him on Tuesday morning
Could be he wasn't happy with him??????

Consider Whisper on his best form has the clear beating of Zarkandar if the horse is 100% and close form with PN's other yoke he wouldn't miss the opportunity for all the tea in China.

Plus he's had one race this season and last year ran and won at both venues after 2 runs.

If this is the case I wouldn't have 2p on him at Aintree..............he ran like a cow at Exeter and there was more to it than just bad jumping
could be those 2 races last season messed him up? Dai walters said before the race all he had to do is jump round to win and he went off at 2/5

The game is afoot and I'm glad I'm not playing

Last edited:
Who has had actually said in quotations that Whisper isn't suited by Cheltenham? What a ridiculous suggestion for a Coral Cup winner!

I like both Whisper & Blue Fashion. SDR is a worthy favourite but at 4 times the price I'd rather be siding with the other two. The Irish form is muddling which suggests they're all sub standard. I really don't understand Tony Martin's comments about Dedigout being ground dependent and Lt Colonel not. Their form reads completely the opposite to that! Looks like Dedigout won't run though judging by his Betfair price.

Also what does this comment mean, taken from the preview thread:-

'host Emmet Kennedy heard from Rich Ricci that Annie Power WONT run here'

Referring to the Mares

Last edited:
More to the point what's the chances AP will ride Rock on Ruby? Got to be doubtful Fisher's Cross will run.
As great a jockey AP is, not sure he's the right man for RoR. Having said that, would be great for him to win another championship race at his last Festival...

Also what does this comment mean, taken from the preview thread:-

'host Emmet Kennedy heard from Rich Ricci that Annie Power WONT run here'

Referring to the Mares
This underlines a tiny niggling doubt I've had. Why is PaddyPower lowest price of all books by a good margin about Annie for the World Hurdle -- has her as 9/2 co-fav whilst others are as high as 8/1 and Betfair is 20/1. Has Paddy been told something that makes him want to swerve?

Whatever, It's enough of a doubt for me to lay her at 1.75 for the Mares. Can back her back on the day when/if she's a definite declared for that.

There's only two bookies significantly bigger and it's no coincidence that they're both not NRNB. The same also applies for Betfair. Her price is shortening on BF though and the withdrawal of More Of That can only act as more motivation to go for it.

We already know Willie has little say in who runs where so if the Ricci's put their foot down it will happen.

We already know Willie has little say in who runs where so if the Ricci's put their foot down it will happen.

That certainly wouldn't have been true in the past, WPM, jealous of his independence, was one of the last big trainers in Ireland to take on Giggie horses, I imagine partly because they look for cut-price training fees and also because they have a racing manager who is used to giving instructions to trainers. It will be very interesting to see where Don Poli runs.

Until recently I doubt Ricci would have dreamed of offering an opinion but I've noticed that in recent media interviews he hasn't been afraid to speak his mind. But I'd be very surprised if Willy is not taking the final decisions.

If Ricci couldn't (or wouldn't) convince WPM to switch from the Stayers to the Champion last season, what chance him doing it from Mares to Stayers this season?

Frankly, I'd be quite happy if he did, as I backed Annie in the Stayers at 40.0 a little over a month back, and would have laid her in the Mares too, if there had been a Market on Betfair at the time (see 'Back, Lay, Each-Way' thread). I can't see her shifting from the Mares Race though, and Ricci doesn't strike me as the type to force the issue. I suspect he's every bit as bold as O'Leary - just a lot less inclined to cut his nose off to spite his face.

Back