World Hurdle 2015

If she is any way ready for it, Mullins must surely be thinking about his race, rather than the Mares, for Annie Power?

I'll need to check her form again but she was about a stone off her best at Cheltenham last season and I'm not sure she's been any better than that since.

Shifted from Champion Hurdle thread, where (for context) Rock on Ruby's chances in this race were being discussed...

SDR looked in good order at the weekend, but still comes out the race 3-4lbs worse than Reve De Sivola, and wouldn't exactly be stuck-on to confirm the placings next time (imo).

Basically, in the absence of Annie Power - and assuming MOT isn't the same horse this season - the race doesn't look like it will take a lot of winning. I'm not saying RoR can take advantage of this, but there are worse approaches in an open race, than siding with a horse who has a history of performing well at the track, is almost certain to give his running, and who goes into the meeting in good form generally.

If MOT recovers his form, then he seems a good-thing to me, but it's a reasonably big "if", given how poorly he performed is his sole outing this season. Otherwise, it's a poor-looking renewal, and some horses might not actually need to 'stay' particularly well, in order to get involved in the finish.

Last edited:
SDR will increase superiority over Reve De Sivola in March as the ground will be quicker. I'm convinced Rock on Ruby won't stay, it's like Oscar Whiskey all over again.

Will be interesting to see who Sam rides. I think Zarkandar will run a big race this year.

Does anyone know anything about the NJH horse, Blue Fashion ? I'd be very interested in him if he line's up here. Currently 20/1 Skybet NRNB. Only ever had 2 runs in Britain - 2nd to More of That in Nov 2013 by only 2L when giving MOT 8lbs & then a 3L 2nd to Faugheen at Christmas. It's officially the closet any other horse has ever got to Faugheen and the form with MOT looks very strong. Both his UK runs over 2m 4f to date but a step up in trip might just suit. He is one of 4 that NJH has entered for the world hurdle, but I've no idea if he really intends to run him or not. Anyone any insight ?

I backed Blue Fashion at a high of 170 for this in November (based on proximity to MOT last season), and was feeling like a right smug git following his run at Ascot.

Unfortunately, the horse has been unsighted since then, and isstill available at 110 on Betfair with nothing to Lay. If I get a run, I'll be pleased - but he is very lightly-raced, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's picked-up an injury, and is back on the easy list.

I backed Blue Fashion at a high of 170 for this in November (based on proximity to MOT last season), and was feeling like a right smug git following his run at Ascot.

Unfortunately, the horse has been unsighted since then, and isstill available at 110 on Betfair with nothing to Lay. If I get a run, I'll be pleased - but he is very lightly-raced, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's picked-up an injury, and is back on the easy list.

He's not injured. Worry not pal. ;-)

If I'm supposed to relax based on your stalking of Camilla Henderson on Twitter, then you'll forgive me if I don't!

Has she messaged you with anything useful, beyond her customary "If you don't stop with this lark, I will contact the police" missives??

She said "please tell that Alan King look a like to stop asking me questions about Blue Fashion Dave. I only talk fashion with you dahling"

Pricewise offers up tomorrow. Who are we thinking?

I'll go with Zarkandar.

Last edited:
Monksland possibly. Will need to improve a bit, but will on better ground.
I couldn't be having Jetson myself. But hey I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Pricewise apparently puts up Saphir Du Rheu for the World Hiurdle.......at 9/1.

He presumably has a bookie in a parallel dimension that adds 2-points over the odds to the ones in this dimension.

[TABLE="class: eventTable, width: 1125"]
<tbody id="t1" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">[TR="class: eventTableRow bgc, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="class: sel nm, align: center"]Saphir Du Rheu[/TD]
[TD="class: o co, align: center"]6[/TD]
[TD="class: oi co, bgcolor: #B3D3F3, align: center"]5[/TD]
[TD="class: o co b, align: center"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: oo co b, bgcolor: #F7C0C0, align: center"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: oo co, bgcolor: #F7C0C0, align: center"]13/2[/TD]
[TD="class: o np, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: o co, align: center"]13/2[/TD]
[TD="class: wo wo-col, bgcolor: #CCCCCC !important, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: oo co b, bgcolor: #F7C0C0, align: center"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: oo co, bgcolor: #F7C0C0, align: center"]34/5[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Ladbrokes will apparently lay the 9/1 for 15 minutes in the morning.

I suspect anyone wanting to bet with notes need not apply.

Back