World Hurdle 2015

I think it would be almost impossible to win a 3 mile open championship race without a prep run, so I think the only race Annie Power might run in is the mares race.

Grassy, you are going to love today's RP. Front page headline on how sweet NH is on Blue Fashion for this. Now 16 on the machine and prices varying between 14/1 & 20/1 with the bookies.

Gutted as was sorely tempted myself but the huge BF price put me off :confused:

Good luck with your 170

Cheers, Lee. I saw the front-page on Twitter last night, and commented on it in the (I think) QMCC thread.

Digger is also involved at a three-figure-price, and whilst a bit needs to go our way, the dream lives on for the moment.

What's he saying now about Blue Fashion....World Hurdle?

Last I heard he wasn't going to run him again this season, he had some op and had been schooling over fences with a view to next year....The really should have a radio station set up at Seven Barrows there's more comedy comes out of there than we used to get on the Goon Show.

However that's great news if he does go and you guys are on at a 3 figure price...good luck

Basically he's thrilled with his home work and he commented that he has outstanding form - which I'm sure most people were already aware, if taken at face value.

Regarding a run, he mentions that he hopes to get a racecourse gallop into him but that's it so I doubt we will see him competitively until the day but he's definitely an intended runner at this stage, which as you say is great news for those on at huge prices.

I managed to get a score on Ladbrokes 9/1 NRNB offer on SDR a moment ago - not sure how long it will last - regardless of whether I think he'll win I reckon he'll be roughly half those odds on the day so I can at least have a free bet, if only to small stakes.

On a side note, it's interesting that Ladbrokes have pushed every one of Pricewise festival picks out the following day over these past few weeks when others are shortening, I'll love to know whether the firm have decided to deliberately take him on this year.

When I looked on Oddschecker earlier, Ladbrokes were clear longest price on all the first 6 in the betting on the WH. Maybe they've realised they are supposed to be bookmakers?

Is Pricewise's Festival record all that impressive? I genuinely don't know and, while he can doubtless point to successes, selecting 6 weeks ahead is a different art to doing it the night before a race.

Last edited:
Is Pricewise's Festival record all that impressive? I genuinely don't know and, while he can doubtless point to successes, selecting 6 weeks ahead is a different art to doing it the night before a race.

Probably not but throw enough sh1t and some is going to stick.

It is refreshing to see Ladbrokes taking a stance though - if indeed they are - because providing they let you get a decent bet on at the prices then eventually other bookies may follow suit and anything that prevents the lemming like shortening of horses across the board immediately before and after a pricewise selection can only be good news.

I got all excited when I logged into oddschecker this morning.

I backed Bog Warrior at 510 (had a rush of blood to the head no idea if he is well or what)

Betfair acccording to ODDSODS are offering lowest priced at 33.......so I thought "that'll do wonder if a I can lay it back"

I log in and the horse is 500 :o

I expect I done my money all 5 quid of it but does anyone know what the plan is with Bog Warrior........Is he ok is he running elsewhere?

Basically he's thrilled with his home work and he commented that he has outstanding form - which I'm sure most people were already aware, if taken at face value.

Regarding a run, he mentions that he hopes to get a racecourse gallop into him but that's it so I doubt we will see him competitively until the day but he's definitely an intended runner at this stage, which as you say is great news for those on at huge prices.

I managed to get a score on Ladbrokes 9/1 NRNB offer on SDR a moment ago - not sure how long it will last - regardless of whether I think he'll win I reckon he'll be roughly half those odds on the day so I can at least have a free bet, if only to small stakes.

On a side note, it's interesting that Ladbrokes have pushed every one of Pricewise festival picks out the following day over these past few weeks when others are shortening, I'll love to know whether the firm have decided to deliberately take him on this year.

Him and his racecourse gallops..he wants a fast workout tell him should just run the horse down the gallops instead of up them and save petrol :D

I wouldn't fancy pricewise coming up with anything original or worth betting.....Arctic Fire I suppose could win the Champion Hurdle without causing the surprise of the century as he progressive

Didn't he tip Hidden Cyclone for the QMCC? Where on earth does he think the improvement going to come from him. Sire De Grugy ripped hi anew backside already. He may well have finished 2nd to Dynaste in the Ryanair but something had to and Nicky's Rajdhani Expresswho wouldn't beat SS if he only had 3 legs was right up his backside.

No one in their right mind would back him if they all turn up. Always a chance he'll get a place as he has finished in the 3 a lot but the chances must be slim.

Last edited:
I've been backing Monksland and Bog Warrior ante post for a couple of years now and can't give up now, although have missed out Bog Warrior this time.

Still Rock on Ruby for me

If you forget his Arkle run, he's a multiple course winner & has a great festival hurdle record:
2011 - Neptune 2nd
2012 - Champ Hurdle 1st
2013 - Champ Hurdle 2nd

Ground shouldn't be an issue

I'm confident 3m will be fine. Was he pointing before running under rules? Even if not, he stayed 2m 5f no problems in the Neptune and am sure I read that all his dams offspring stayed 3m+

Am on already at bigger prices, but think he's a solid ew punt

Last edited:
The problem I have with backing horses with doubts in championship races is you often find that the horse did have the required attributes but lost the race due to being ridden to compensate.

Rock on Ruby won his Champion hurdle as a result of a combination of catching everything out by going for home when he did coupled with the required stamina. He often races prominently even over 2.5 but in all likelihood he'll be ridden differently over 3 miles and then it's anybody's guess as to how that'll affect his performance.

My fear exactly but I must admit I am getting a bit sick of being wrong about Rock On Ruby...everytime I think he has no chance he bounces back and wins.

It's hard to him not running a good race in the World Hurdle as he has the class to beat them all.

I think they'd be nuts to ride him any differently........As Rory delargy has pointed out on numerous occasions if they are going to stay they will stay if not holding them up is not going to change that. I reckon that would apply even more in a race like the World Hurdle

Yes, that is definitely the approach they should adopt but it's easier said than done isn't it.

I'd love to see him win it and to be fair, with no more Big Bucks and More of That looking a different horse on his return this is the best chance he'll get. For reasons I can't explain he reminds me a bit of Nomadic Way and he managed to bag it so who knows.

Nomadic Way won a Cesarewitch though, whereas ROR is totally unproven.
All his form indicates he should stay, but he does wear a tongue tie, which indicates he'll probably be ridden more conservatively than usual. Deffo has the class.

Yep, As I said I can't explain the reasons I see similarities in the two - Nomadic Way always looked like he 'd be fine by the step up in trip over hurdles whereas two and half as looked like Rock on Ruby's ideal.

Nomadic Way finished second twice, much to my chagrin before winning the then stayers and it'd be great if Rock on Ruby could become the first to do the double but Hardy Eustace was arguably a better champion and yet was beaten out of sight in the longer race and he'd also won a RSA (Neptune).

Edgt - completely agree that Fehily is a superb jockey.

Hardy Eustace would have been a much better looking and more popular Champion Hurdler if they had taken them godforsaken ugly blinkers off him :lol:

Hardy Eustace was a beautiful little horse; not that I know much about coformation and suchlike but he always looked a proper hurdler.

Fehily slips under the radar a bit with Ruby Geraghty and AP around but if anyone doubts for one minute how good he is they need only watch him in the bumper at Chepstow today. Mans got a real brain on him never flaps and his judgement of pace is uncanny. AP's is excellent as well I don't know anyone who's better at getting one of Jonjo's beat when it's not wanted.:lol:

Back