York Ebor Meeting

A wee bit annoyed myself at that. I thought Albasheer had it. Would have been a decent return. More annoying was that I didn't stick to my original plan and cover my bets with Summerghand.

Edit - just checked. I did back Summerghand so not so annoying but the outright win for A would have paid more.

I've watched the race again and have to say Albasheer was unlucky in not seeing a gap between three out and two out. There's a chance it may have been a blessing in disguise, though, as his finish was closer to the sectional par than Summerghand's.

I'd thought there might not be too much pace in the race with only three 'L' (Racing Post run style for 'Leads') and one (Significantly) didn't run. It turned out one of the others, Ehraz, raced in rear so Mr Wagyu should have been able to take a soft lead but he overdid the pace yet again so his jockey and the other jockeys that ended up trying to keep up with Mr Wagyu have compromised their horses' chances. Tudhope maybe came too soon on Summerghand but for the second time in a row he was definitely off.

If Hollie Doyle is on Tabdeed at Ayr instead of Albasheer I'll be all over it like a rash. It's 33/1 but was pulled out of a race at Goodwood today presumably because of the soft ground and there's no guarantee it will be fast at Ayr. It often isn't. I'm holding off until nearer the time.

Last edited:
I'll take B[g Evs (7/1 B365) [n the Nunthorpe.Has an iffy draw,but the g/s reads the same across the track,and I think he'll boss the pace,anywAY.

Have always loved York meetings,but they have blotted their copybook this yearby having Twat Chapman as MC for the priize giving..
God spare us fromthis cretin officisting in future

Yeah agree on this one. He’s been better when under the control of ITV but let loose he reverts to type.

Grey Cuban (1.50) has improved with the application of a hood after being gelded, and arrives here in the form of his life. He should be up on the pace from the get go and I reckon they might not catch him.

Usuario Amigo (5.20) could have been laid out for this race well in advance, based on what I can see on paper. I'm hoping so.

Good luck all today, enjoy it.

I'm dreading today and tomorrow honestly. I have so many bets and will be at work for all of them so I'm in for an unpleasant couple of days if I get wiped out.

Mr Monaco 150 - tracker horse since his run at Newmarket, think the step up will suit.
Starlust Nunthorpe - think he's a tad overpriced on his good York form
Battle Queen 410 - Looks like a step up in trip will suit, ran really well in the Sandringham. Nice ew price
Native Warrior 520 - Bad draw but like Queen of Mougins yesterday I'm just hoping he can run into a place. Incredibly competitive race. Old fav EBT's Guard is also in this but I'm waiting for him to run against older exposed handicappers.

Grey Cuban (1.50) has improved with the application of a hood after being gelded, and arrives here in the form of his life. He should be up on the pace from the get go and I reckon they might not catch him.

Usuario Amigo (5.20) could have been laid out for this race well in advance, based on what I can see on paper. I'm hoping so.

Good luck all today, enjoy it.
Think there other runner in the 4.10 ambiente amigo will run a big race today,done them in e.way double. Good luck today marb.

1.50 y.derry lad nap.10/1
4.10 ambiente amigo.20/1
5.20 zain blue 22/1 and treasure time 10/1.
Also 7.05 Hamilton dutching both E.mullins runners. 8/1 and 14/1.

1.50 y.derry lad nap.10/1
4.10 ambiente amigo.20/1
5.20 zain blue 22/1 and treasure time 10/1.
Also 7.05 Hamilton dutching both E.mullins runners. 8/1 and 14/1.
Well done, Rob. That Treasure Time mowed them down didn't he.

Back