York Ebor Meeting

You’d have to seriously fancy him for the Turf Sprint at the BC at Santa Anita after that. Especially as it’s the only bit of downhill racing in the US too.

Considered Mutasaabeq in that but he only seems to win when he gets an uncontested lead.

I like True Legend in the Melrose. Love a Sir Mark boat and he ran really well behind Balance Play despite the trip being on the sharp side at Goodwood (Balance Play never travelled today, I can write that run off easily.) I also have a roll over via Continuous going onto Lordship. It's been a meeting of near misses, hoping for a bit of better luck. Also have fancies at Windsor and Newmarket.

Considered Mutasaabeq in that but he only seems to win when he gets an uncontested lead.

Yes, I wonder if that is being overplayed a bit by the pundits.

I'm on at 9/1, more than ample compensation for any doubts.

He was only 4/1 for the Lockinge but overdid the pace and paid for it late. I’m happy to put a line through that. They then tried anchoring him in the Queen Anne and it didn’t work as he fought the jockey all the way through the first half of the race. I’m happy to put a line through that too. He’s had a break so is hopefully freshened up and Moore takes over from Crowley so I’m very hopeful of a big run.

Last edited:
Post Impressionist in the Ebor, 33/1. Farragher riding well claiming off bottom weight. Course form, can see him being there at the business end

Thundeery showers are due to hit the track - a day late:lol:

What's the source of that forecast, reet?

The two below: one is metcheck, the other BBC. Neither forecasts thunder although the BBC one has thunder for tomorrow. My mobile phone weather app didn't have any forecast at all the week but is now forecasting a moderate thunderstorm warning until 8pm.

Screenshot (30).png

Screenshot (31).png

Must be a bit like reading the form: same data, different interpretations :)

Last edited:
I was watching an interview with M.Dodds the other day and he said the Ayr gold cup was the race he wanted to win more than any other race. So I think gale force mayo could be the one for him.

Yes, that was my conclusion too:

Mr Wagyu will probably need a penalty now to get in at Ayr so he’s a bet. Same goes for Albasheer and Significantly. I’ll settle for these against the field. Gale Force Maya, Ehraz and King’s Lynn can’t afford a penalty.

The live shot looked like Albasheer had it. The photo looked nailed on as a dead heat though. I just hope that's the winning line!

A wee bit annoyed myself at that. I thought Albasheer had it. Would have been a decent return. More annoying was that I didn't stick to my original plan and cover my bets with Summerghand.

Edit - just checked. I did back Summerghand so not so annoying but the outright win for A would have paid more.

And Astro King, ridden from just off the pace instead of out the back as in the John Smith's, showed his true form in the finale. Did I back it? Did I fvck. Even seeing Buick up and half-expecting a change of tactics - the Kublers are thinkers - I still didn't back it. I think the price on Friday (6/1 tops) put me off too much since I knew I'd be backing more than one in the race. I'm annoyed again. Reinforces my belief that he'd have won the JS with a better ride. A 50/1 shot that got away.

Last edited:
Just watched the Ebor all the way through for the first time and Tudhope made a total arse of the tactics on Get Shirty. Why on earth he chose to pull back early and come from 'way back is unfathomable. Had he stayed wide with Moore and Dettori he'd have been involved at the death. He makes up a huge amount of ground right at the time when everything else in the race was quickening and had shot his bolt with half a furlong to go. Last year Get Shirty race prominently and kept going. All he had to do was repeat the tactics. He was handicapped to finish in front of Absurde.

What's the source of that forecast, reet?

The two below: one is metcheck, the other BBC. Neither forecasts thunder although the BBC one has thunder for tomorrow. My mobile phone weather app didn't have any forecast at all the week but is now forecasting a moderate thunderstorm warning until 8pm.

View attachment 3045
Iwas doing a census of the smart arses.:whistle:

View attachment 3046

Must be a bit like reading the form: same data, different interpretations :)

You're a pathetic soul, pal.

I really feel sorry for you that you need to try and find some inane comment to try and get one over on me when all I'm doing is trying to understand where you're coming from.

Since the new year I've been trying to put historical differences behind us and engage in meaningful conversation but all you can do is attempt petty one-liners that do you no good whatsoever.

If that's the route you're choosing good luck to you. It'll never work.

when all I'm doing is trying to understand where you're coming from.
No you ain't!
You're going to elaborate lengths to score points over me, to indulge your petty self-obsession.
Doesn't usually bother me,but integrity is one of the few values I hold dear and I won't have mine questioned in your quest for glory.
I've often given advanced weather warnings on here, to help those who might not be aware - always correct and factual at the time of writing - and your questioning of them clearly indicates your mission in doing so,end of.

Back