Your Festival Longshots

Bobbyjo

At the Start
This is a thread which should give some bragging rights. Throw out a couple of horses you have backed or will be backing at fancy prices. Anything over 20/1 qualifies...

I've had a decent enough bet on De Valira @20's

But I think that's almost too sensible.....just looked through the ante post on Tuesday and notice big odds on some that are still left in there

Norther Bay @ 66/1 in the Supreme

First Down Jets [in particular] and Alexanderthegreat 25/1 in the Cross Country and Killeaney [don't laugh] at 66/1

Callisto Moon @33's Fred Winter

Bob Hall and Mon Mome both 25's William Hill

Punjabi in the Champion Hurdle - 550

Osana in the Champion Hurdle - 55

Ring The Boss in the Arkle - 36

Kazal in the Stayers - 90

I have a Master Minded ticket at around 30, which is keeping me warm.

I also have a few quid on De Valira at 38 and 28.

I would have made a fortune if Glencove had cleared injury, run in the Arkle, and beaten all the other horses.

I'm loaded for bear with King Harald in the Will Hill at 27/1 betfair and 25/1 bookies which is the best I could ever find.

Pricewise has got me pissed- 40/1 !!

I have backed ....
De Valira EW @ 40/1 CH
Captain Cee Bee @ 27s Supreme
C'est Ca EW @ 33/1 Triumph
Apt Approach @ 20/1 Bumper
Negus De Beaumont EW @ 100/1 Jewson & SunAlliance

Anyone with a Betfred a/c should steam into the 25s NRNB for Tiger cry in the Grand Annual. Take a look at the horse's course form and light prep and take a look at the likely opposition. I reckon he will be an 8s shot on the day.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Mar 6 2008, 10:15 AM
Osana in the Champion Hurdle - 55

Nice - how old?
Early October I think, Gareth. I can't get to BF from here, but it was a good while back - before the Greatwood anyway. This is the wager that useful reckoned I was aftertiming about, so I thought I'd give it another spin here. :)

The price is somewhat academic though, as I've also backed Punjabi, Blythe Knight, Aitmatov and Silent Oscar for the race, at various points during the season. It will still be a nice bump if the Osana wins though.

If I've misunderstood your original question, then Osana is a 6yo :P :D

I've had my biggest bet of the year so far on Catch Me in the Champion Hurdle. Got nice bit on Betfair at 23,24 and 25 as well as places around 5.8 - 6.2.

Also had a big bet on him this morning at 20s with a firm and he will win me over 8k if he wins.

Catch Me – For me Eddie O’Grady’s runner is the dark horse of the Champion Hurdle market and he has the form in the book to beat Sizing Europe. Last season in the Future Champions he was 9l clear of that rival and was only a neck behind De Valira on ground possibly slow enough for him. 3rd in the Ballymore Properties Hurdle last year he didn’t get up the hill over the 2m 4f and turning in none were going better. Jumping went to pot afterwards but returned to form stuffing Big Zeb and Holly Tree 13L and 15L respectively. He jumped fantastic that day and really grounded out an impressive success. Too keen on his next start he was dropped in when stuffing Jazz Messenger 4L next time and that race figures him just 4lb off Sublimity’s Champion Hurdle win and that gives him a big chance. Ideally suited by cut in the ground he looks sure to improve with the rain forecasted and definitely not much to separate him from the main core of thee. Well and truly overpriced at 20s and looks a very solid each way bet to me. The form with Big Zeb makes him look different gear to Sizing Europe and his added bit of stamina could see him do De Valira up the hill. I can’t see him being out the frame.

Just my opinion like.

Interesting Chris. Larkwing's position at Navan makes me wonder about the Red Mills trial, though.

Well technically not my biggest bet this year as that was Star when he was 2nd, but biggest over jumps. I don't really like jump racing on the whole but Cheltenham is one of a handful of meetings I like.

I look at races in the sense Gareth of all you can do is win.

Well certainly at 20/1 it would worry me a lot less than Louanaos' position in the AIG would worry me if backing Sizing Europe.

Back