ZENYATTA - 15 not out!

krizon

At the Start
If we can put Cheltnum aside for just one nanosecond, can we admire the astounding mare ZENYATTA, who's just given 12lbs to her rivals in the Santa Margarita International at Santa Anita racetrack, clocking up her 15th consecutive win? She was hung out the back by usual pilot Mike Smith, who decided this time to try a potentially tricky slide along the rails coming down the straight. Proving herself as agile as she is a rapid closer, ZENYATTA charged past her rivals, putting in a 1.5l win for the 15th time from 15 runs.

20 minutes earlier, her nearest rival, RACHEL ALEXANDER, flopped on her seasonal return, but plans are still in place for them to meet up later.

I can't imagine what it's like to own, train, ride, or breed a horse like this - you've just got to walk around grinning from ear-to-ear every day!

Zenyatta won despite jockey.I backed
the 2nd at 80 on Betfair and can honestly say I have never been so casual
about a big priced runnerup.
Rachael took an awful hammering at Saratoga
and will do well to recover her best form.

God - I just love this mare - that was ridiculously good! Bring on an on-song Rachel!

Great win - she just lops along for the whole race!!

Commentator is an absolute headwrecker though.

She is just amazing and I just love her to bits! I can't wait either for the two to meet up as I really have thought all along that she was the better horse. Me thinks the Americans piddled up the wrong tree when they gave RA Horse of the Year too. ;)

Big thanks for the link, Gamla - so enjoyed that. She would make DENMAN look a bit of a lightweight, wouldn't she? Yet she's so elegant - she whips onto the rail in a couple of easy strides, doesn't lose her rhythm at what is, after all, the supposedly intense, exhausting period in the race, and gives her jockey time to read the San Francisco Times and light a cigar. So smoooooth - she just seems to read the race for herself.

Not a fan of Trevor Denman Gal? I think he's a class above the majority of our dour commentator. Given your selection in Ireland as well....

Rachel won't be lining up at Oaklawn now according to Jackson. Knew it was too good to be true.

One is unbeaten, the other isn't. Still makes no sense how the 3YO was rated the better horse in 2009 over the mare that won the WFA classic of the USA.

Would love to see them race against each other, but that is looking less likely after yesterday.

Jess Jackson bottling it - I thought he bought her so that they DIDN'T duck the big races with her? Has this happened before?

Zenyatta will stay at home in California for her next outing for a Grade1 event against fillies at Hollywood Park in June rather than shipping across country for the Stephen Foster Handicap at Churchill Downs in Kentucky.

This will be her 17 in a row attempt..and we will have to listen to Trever Denman ...again.... :whistle:

Rachel runs at Churchill Downs on Friday night.

Chimps 'do' paintings and raise funds for their own sanctuaries (sanctuary much!) - now, 'ow much for a pot thrown by SEA THE STARS?

Rachael Alexander chinned at Churchill -don't know the details just know I laid her for a chunk in the belief that she had the guts ripped out of her last season.

Good stuff Luke - been telling people since the Woodward that she needs and deserves a much better jockey than Borel.

"best horse in the world - she's not even the best horse at Fair Grounds/Churchill Downs..."

Listening to atr it seems Asmussen believes she is only a shadow of the horse she was this time last year-I hope he does the decent thing and retires her.

Sad that they have not been rewarded for keeping her in training - they really should have ran her in the BC when she was in such good form. 4 year old filly is very difficult to keep going.

Back