ZENYATTA - 15 not out!

Zenyatta goes for a 17th consecutive victory in the Vanity Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park next Sunday June 13..

She carries 129 Lbs.. the same weight she carried in winning the race a year ago.

Trevor Denman will be calling it.

$250,000 Vanity Handicap (gr. I, Race 8, 4:35 p.m.), Fillies & Mares 3 & Up, 1 1/8 Miles (Synthetic)
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer
1. Miss Silver Brook (KY), J Talamo, 112, J C Canani
2. St Trinians (GB), M Garcia, 120, M R Mitchell
3. Zardana (BRZ), V Espinoza, 118, J A Shirreffs
4. Will O Way (KY), T Baze, 114, V Cerin
5. Zenyatta (KY), M E Smith, 129, J A Shirreffs
6. Cherryblossommiss (KY), R Bejarano, 112, J W Sadler

Only 5 take her on. There may be a pace problem for Zenyatta in this field which may compromise her running style.

I hope we can see that on ATR - is the 4.35 pm US time, Powerscourt? If it is, it'll be halfway through the next morning here, I suppose, but worth staying awake for.

Just a wee bump so that anyone else interested doesn't forget! I've scrawled all over my Radio Times to be sure I don't miss her.

Has any horse - anywhere - won this amount of races from debut to present tally? I don't mean the old heats winners of centuries ago, but races as we know them now.

Successive victories

Well, from GRADISCO downwards, they don't count as they've scored fewer straight wins, but are you saying that CAMARERO scored 56 straight wins from debut, Powers? I tried the link to his name, but it's not available. PICNIC IN THE PARK 21 straight wins from debut, or were any of those broken up by places?

Where do you find these sort of stats, btw? I'm always interested in this sort of thing. I suppose there must be some sort of online archive, or did you just Google 'Most Winning Racehorses'?

I hope we can see that on ATR - is the 4.35 pm US time, Powerscourt?
The race will not be available to view on ATR unfortunately, Kri.
ATR does not have a contractual agreement with Hollywood Park to relay their races.

Betfair Live Video, or poorer quality streaming on justintv.fr

OH, NO!!!! NO!! I can only hope that I can find the race on the sites you mention, Ice. Oh, stuff, bum, and fiddlefart! :mad:

Sit up to catch this and my effing laptop goes "limited or no connectivity with 3MTP! It so nearly got launched out the window AND I can't find a re-run anywhere. NTRA was too busy showing Rachel Alex instead. Anyone got a Youtube link yet?

Do you have to pay to join, jinny, before I get to the end of registering and find I have to stump up $500 or something daft? Unfortunately, get the site, but not the race. Soooo pleased for her. I'll search YouTube now and see if she's on that. The beauty has to be on SOMETHING easy to see!

I didn't pay - just went for the free option and then race of the day. I would imagine its up on Youtube by now though - it wasn't in the early hours when I had missed the race live and was having a strop!

Oh, just superb, Arkers, thanks a mill for that. I saved her 2009 to Favourites and this'll go on it, too. Check out a couple of the side bits - ZENYATTA 'dancing' at the Apple Blossom post parade (very pretty moves) and also Your Last Ride on ZENYATTA - the work rider must have a headcam on. The music's nice to the moves and she is so attentive, ears 'listening' the whole time. She looks a beaut to ride, too, so easy-moving and rhythmic. No jinks, no spooks, no ASBO behaviourisms at all.

Rachael Alexander runs at Monmouth in a race laid on for her at Monmouth in 15 mins.I had to lay her for a modest amount at 1/6.

Zenyatta goes for 18 in a row on Saturday at Del Mar however trainer Shirreffs is concerned about the track's maintenance. She looks set to run though.

$300,000 Clemnt L. Hirsch Stakes (gr. II, Race 9, 6:15 p.m.), Fillies & Mares 3 & Up, 1 1/16 MIles (Synthetic)
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer
1. Princess Taylor (GB), V Espinoza, 119, P Gallagher
2. Made for Magic (KY), O A Berrio. 121, A C Avila
3. Spring Style (IRE), P A Valenzuela, 119, B D Cecil
4. Dance to My Tune (ON), D R Flores, 119, J Hollendorfer
5. Zenyatta (KY), M E Smith, 123, J A Shirreffs
6. Rinterval (IRE), R Bejarano, 119, E R Reed

Zenyatta - after all the talk on this forum about Goldikova who I think is a truly world class filly - it's Zenyatta I get a real buzz out of - her style of racing has me biting my nails in the last furlong every time she races - great stuff.

She is adorable - so beautifully behaved and professional, with an almost gentle overtaking of her rivals - she doesn't look like she's motoring, so she must have the heart and lungs of an ox, as she just doesn't seem to have to make an effort.

Back