1000 Guineas

It was fast when she made an impressive debut on the July Course.

She won the May Hill not because she was the better stayer but because she swamped her rivals for pace. She hasn't looked short of exceptional pace in any race she's contested.

Given how forward so many of Gosden's have been this spring, I'd be amazed if lack of fitness does for Rainbow View. Her lack of size would probably make her easier to get fit as well I'd have though EC.

taking those views onboard

David, if she hasn't grown much though she could find that others have improved past her...the so called "not trained on statement"..which I always laugh at..trained on alright ..but was just a very mature 2yo

i'm not saying this is the case but I just don't get a great feel about RV today with these doubts

the may hill form looks poorish in retrospect..wouldn't have taken much winning

the fillies mile form though looks pretty good

was she just a very mature 2yo is the key question?

Even if she proves to be no better than she was at 2, then have the rest improved sufficiently to be better than she was in the Fillies' Mile? I doubt it, and think today will be her day, but I agree with you that the Rainbow View at 2 yrs was pretty much what you see is what you get. That Rainbow View will be good enough today, but Fantasia for one will, and possibly has already, improve past her.

She reminds me a little of Finsceal Beo, in that everyone says Bolger made such a mess of her, but in truth I think she just found other fillies improving past her.

Isn't Fantasia in the same ownership as RV? Is it likely they'd allow their 'second string' to run here?

Speaking of first and second strings, should we read anything into Richard Hills's riding Ghanaati? Did he have a free choice?

I've taken Cuis Ghaire - there was a massive overeaction to her defeat as a 2yo against the colts and then on soft ground. She's certainly the each-way value, pedigree suggests she'll train on and has won on this sort of ground before. Serious Attitude has major stamina doubts and IMO Rainbow View is too short to be a backable price.

Personally would prefer to see the horse we know has trained on in the English Guineas and then the top 2yo in the French but it's up to GS how he wants to play it.

Well, decision time,

I don't want to lay the fav in this because if she turns out to be a monster I want to enjoy her winning..if that makes sense;)

I'm going in with you IS...out of those at the front of the market CUIS GAIRE appeals most to me...93p win

I think the ground will be firm enough so that alot of these fillys will not let themselves down...Cuis Ghaire being one. Heart Shaped should relish it as should Pursuit Of Glory (who I have backed) but the favourite looks a bit bomb proof.

Chuis Ghaire has won on officially FIRM + GOOD/FIRM..how is the ground against her more than others?

its slow ground thats the problem with her surely

Chuis Ghaire has won on officially FIRM + GOOD/FIRM..how is the ground against her more than others?

its slow ground thats the problem with her surely

She likes good ground, not extremes. She struggled to win at Ascot on that firm surface.

she didn't struggle at Naas where the times say the ground was way faster than Ascot..Ascot had been watered well

I cannot see where you are coming from with this one at all tbh

No real view on this race other than the obvious - found it interesting that on each of the maiden SUPER SLEUTH'S five runs she's been backed.

Someone, somewhere, once thought this filly was good?

From reading the comments she seems to be taking plenty of racing to come to herself and I have a sneaky feeling she'll run better than anticipated today. For me i'll be watching the next potential champion and hoping Super Sleuth gets in the three.

Good luck to one and all.

Last edited:
Cuis Ghaire seemed to pull very hard early on - certainly took Manning to the front earlier than he should have been.

Super Sleuth the one to take out of the race - I know Gamla Stan and Warbler fancied her so hope you were both on each-way :)

absolutely delighted, lovely winning race for me :)

Rainbow View was never going to win, you don't win group 1's working with 70 rated horses at home.

Nothing came from behind?

Super sleuth came from last - as IS says definately one to take out of the race, very interesting at Royal Ascot.

Rainbow will probably be one for the Filly's race in the U.S but I wouldn't back her with stolen until then.

Back