2-y-os 2016 incorporating First Season Sires

Interesting to hear from Fran Berry's take on the Frankel progeny. He said their stride length is amazing watching from behind! He feels that the reason we haven't seen that many is that trainers are nervous about them not being ready and being the one to blow up the thought that Frankel is to be a special sire. Of all the ones he has seen he thinks they are going to be a real bunch of quality three year olds.

Four winners for FSS yesterday.

Haydock 2.10 Mjjack (ELZAAM)
Haydock 3.20 Rosie Briar (MAYSON)
Haydock 3.55 Merry Banter (BATED BREATH)
Newcastle 7.15 Tamayef (SIR PRANCEALOT)

Three FSS winners yesterday:

Chester 2.30 Celestation (EXCELEBRATION)
Chester 3.05 Rosabelle (MAYSON)
Haydock 3.20 Barney Roy (EXCELEBRATION)

Top of the table:

[TABLE="class: grid right, width: 607"]
<tbody>[TR="class: rowSorting"]
[TH="class: first left, align: left"]STALLION[/TH]
[TH="colspan: 2"]WINNERS–RUNNERS[/TH]
[TH]WINS[/TH]
[TH]RUNS[/TH]
[TH]2ND[/TH]
[TH]3RD[/TH]
[TH]4TH[/TH]
[TH]WIN PRIZE[/TH]
[TH="class: last"]TOTAL PRIZE[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: first left black, align: left"]Sir Prancealot[/TD]
[TD]25–65[/TD]
[TD]38%[/TD]
[TD]35[/TD]
[TD]273[/TD]
[TD]31[/TD]
[TD]37[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]£317,681[/TD]
[TD="class: last"]£465,727[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: first left black, align: left"]Elzaam[/TD]
[TD]13–27[/TD]
[TD]48%[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]108[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]£111,970[/TD]
[TD="class: last"]£191,996[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: first left black, align: left"]Frankel[/TD]
[TD]11–19[/TD]
[TD]58%[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]£234,936[/TD]
[TD="class: last"]£329,967[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: first left black, align: left"]Helmet[/TD]
[TD]12–39[/TD]
[TD]31%[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]114[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]£206,617[/TD]
[TD="class: last"]£331,774[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The first winner, Make Time, didn't look so ducking fusty. He was beaten a nose by Frontispiece at Ascot FTO, so that form looks better now. Pedigree doesn't look too much to shout about until you get to Gladness as the 6th dam.

Sable Island looks as well bred as any in the 2.20. Clemento from the Hue-Williams's Altesse Royale family would be interesting too. Why is Atzeni riding?

The first winner, Make Time, didn't look so ducking fusty. He was beaten a nose by Frontispiece at Ascot FTO, so that form looks better now. Pedigree doesn't look too much to shout about until you get to Gladness as the 6th dam.

Sable Island looks as well bred as any in the 2.20. Clemento from the Hue-Williams's Altesse Royale family would be interesting too. Why is Atzeni riding?

Interesting observation re Atzeni. It caught my attention but left alone when I saw it was already booked in for its next Maiden assignment at Windsor next week. If Atzeni up again I'll probably back it.

Nothing to get too excited about in the race I didn't think but didn't notice the times?

2yr old Spin Doctor in a 1430 Nottingham Nursery today at a decent price from FSS Mayson.

Went into my notebook winning on debut quite nicely over c and d. Had some difficult racing since and over 6f but note the second in that maiden victory Rapacity Alexandra is rated 98 and has won a listed race in France subsequently.

Back in trip to 5f and now rated just 77. third in the maiden was recently second in a race off 75 and was beaten well so I think this handicap mark is lenient and a couple of wins are hopefully due! A couple of other interesting horses in the race but I'm banking on Spin Doctor having the largest improvement.

Back