2000 Guineas

That is a better performance in a trial than I could have imagined. Savage. 6/4 wouldn't be a bad price after that. Bloody hell.

7/2 about Australia is the worst price in any race since Dawn Approach in the Derby.

The only chance the horse had was if it turned into a dogshit renewal a la Camelot's and Golan's. That clearly won't be the case now.

7/2 about Australia is the worst price in any race since Dawn Approach in the Derby.

The only chance the horse had was if it turned into a dogshit renewal a la Camelot's and Golan's. That clearly won't be the case now.

i agree. Its an astonishing price based on a trainers say so. And something he seems to saysevery year

Ectot was very impressive in France, won that very snug. Will take a smart one to beat him in the French Guineas, tho would love Night of Thunder to pitch up there.

Is he a guineas horse? Got first run in a slowly run race and given his breeding and the nature of the French guineas, unless he's drawn low he won't be quick enough IMHO. By Hurricane run out of a linamix mare, looks a derby horse to me.

I think he's got enough pace. Was run at a fairly decent clip. They had a pacemaker in there to insure that. He pulled away nicely from the 2nd horse who had every chance to go with him.
The French races can get messy and luck in running can be crucial. But the turn of foot he showed will give him a chance if indeed it is run slowly. The fillies race earlier on was 'run' at a crawl.

Would also now appear Night Of Thunder may indeed turn up there according to connections. He adds more spice.

Toormore on Thursday will be very interesting - assume they will ride him as they did when he ground them down in the National Stakes to try and run the gears out of the Godolphin horse.

looking forward to comparing the Craven sectionals with past winners..its pretty easy to see using them whether the winner is up to winning a 2000g..it really highlighted what a good horse toronado was last year...even though he didn't win the 2000...it showed he had the ability to be really special

I'd be interested in your thoughts about Kingman the other day, EC1.

I got a look at the form this morning. It seems to me he's worthy of the hype so far. I have him 24lbs better than J Wonder purely on the clock.

I've had to conclude that the Spring Cup was slow over all. Kingman works out 23lbs faster than Gabrial's Kaka without any adjustment for WFA but I reckon that was a weird race anyway. Because they raced so wide apart early I reckon we ended up with a classic two-races-within-one situation. GK was held up well off an over-strong pace in the centre and won 'his' race well while Spa's Dancer got a good tow through on the rails to win 'his' despite slight interference. I've rated the two groups separately as usual and I think we'll see more again from Ocean Tempest when he gets to dictate a more even pace of his own.

Anyroads, back to Kingman. I think RPRs' 123 might be a tad conservative.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in your thoughts about Kingman the other day, EC1.

I got a look at the form this morning. It seems to me he's worthy of the hype so far. I have him 24lbs better than J Wonder purely on the clock.

I've had to conclude that the Spring Cup was slow over all. Kingman works out 23lbs faster than Gabrial's Kaka without any adjustment for WFA but I reckon that was a weird race anyway. Because they raced so wide apart early I reckon we ended up with a classic two-races-within-one situation. GK was held up well off an over-strong pace in the centre and won 'his' race well while Spa's Dancer got a good tow through on the rails to win 'his' despite slight interference. I've rated the two groups separately as usual and I think we'll see more again from Ocean Tempest when he gets to dictate a more even pace of his own.

Anyroads, back to Kingman. I think RPRs' 123 might be a tad conservative.

i posted tother day i got a 129 [wfa incl] for Kingman..obviously thats based on Gabrials Kaka to a degree

i didn't think they went even pace in the Greenham so its questionable...but either way for a FTO electric performance like that against a decent Greenham field makes him probably one of the best winners in the last 20 years i would have thought

the craven sectionals will tell us if anything is near to that...could just be a very good 2000 in prospect

Last edited:
Cheers, EC1. I'm looking at 128 myself but can't help being a touch skeptical. Assuming they left something to work on for Newmarket, that would make a mark in the 130s a comfortable possibility, which would make him an odds-on shot.

Back