2000 Guineas

Why would he reverse form with Toormore?

Outstrip has a decent turn of foot, which was played to early that day. Though no blame as they were still learning what they had. I think the key to him is a sound surface.
I like Toormore but don't think he has a real turn of foot. Though in a really fast run race I would still give him a major chance.
Toormore is 7/1 and Outstrip 25/1.
If we get decent ground then I would want Outstrip and War Command on my side.

Form didn't work out and the Dewhurst was terrible. Trainer a negative as well with a horse like that.

He didn't win half a length, he won half the track.
The Dewhurst, he tolerated the ground and probably did only enough.

'Trainer a negative' which one we talking about?

War Command is not being talked up like Australia. He is clearly the second string and those type horses aren't usually at the peak for the trainer at this time of year.

Agree that the lack of run would be a concern. But this fella is a miler. I remember this last year when they lined up for the Coventry. War Command was 3rd string which amazed me, especially if you had seen his debut. He is some 2nd string in my view.
Australia was very impressive last season, and it does sound like he has grown wings. Still have a feeling he will find this trip on the short side.

It would have to be a Guineas of Camelot syle rancidness for Australia to have a sqeak really. Very unlikely given the trials.

This is one of the most fascinating Guineas I can remember.

Flashy trial winner with fancy connections and superstar potential? Check.
Gritty trial winner with gritty connections and potential to wins a rake of top races by small margins a la Rock of Gibraltar? Check.
Ballydoyle hype horse? Check.
Ballydoyle fly in the ointment? Check.
Wide margin Racing Post Trophy winner for up-and-coming trainer? Check
Some Spanish horse. Check

Gritty trial winner with gritty connections and potential to wins a rake of top races by small margins a la Rock of Gibraltar? Check.

Good post, Bar. You're right.

Is Irish Stamp tipping the Spanish horse? :D

Form didn't work out and the Dewhurst was terrible. Trainer a negative as well with a horse like that.

Still can't have it that the Coventry didn't work out.

With a wide-margin winner of the Coventry, it means that the horses that finished second, third and fourth didn't run to the kind of figures that horses that fill the frame in the Coventry typically do. Therefore it is unrealistic to expect them to do as well.

Yes, the Coventry field of 2013 lacked the depth of recent renewals, but the performance of the winner was very much up to scratch.

Top edition,
The most interesting one for me since céltic swings guineas

About the spanish horse
He is a 113-115 horse , more a jersey type.
Connections bullísh but i fear he will not be good enough.

Have to agree Suny and plus there's no way he'll get the trip.

While he did win over 7 furlong it was against horses who would struggle to win a Ponte maiden andif they were trying to see if he would get the trip at newmarket they picked the wrong race to test him in.

When he finished 2nd over 6 furlongs in good company he lost out in the closing stages. He looked like and travelled like a top class animal until 1/2 furlong out then he became workmanlike and got run out of it.

6 furlongs for me is as far as he wants to go and he looks like sprinting will be his game.

I'd be happy to take a chance on something to beat the favourite and no doubt something will run out of it's skin but personally I think it could end up pretty much to form and the fav will win it.

That said I did think Berkshire would make up into a cracking 3yo but the evidence so far would indicate that is not the case.

However his run the other day was too bad to be true so if he turns up on the day I wiull be risking a few quid on him EW..........he's got a lot to make up to get near the fav but stranger things have happened.

I have seen the horse in the Madrid racecourse in all his starts.
He is a classy one and can improve, his gallops have been impressive but this is a very strong edition and some doubts about the stamina, the Jersey would be a much more situable race but connections rates him very highly and are quite bullish of a good run.

I have seen the horse in the Madrid racecourse in all his starts.
He is a classy one and can improve, his gallops have been impressive but this is a very strong edition and some doubts about the stamina, the Jersey would be a much more situable race but connections rates him very highly and are quite bullish of a good run.

We wait 12 years for an inside tip on a Spanish winner and this is all we get?

Back