2007 Departures - Horses In Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
so sad to hear about Further Outlook and especially Graphic Approach! cry

the article in other thread really said it all, but horse and all connections fought so hard for him, a real shame!!!!

Poor old Graphic Approach ....

Horrible news for the horse, connections and everyone who tried to save him. It never gets any easier to take when we hear this kind of bad news. :(

My friend had a Choisir filly die of colic (presumed so post mortem taking place) , and a broodmare (18yo) died in Newmarket last night (also assumed as colic) , also owned by people I know. Luckily, a foster mare found quickly for her 3 week old colt :( A very sad week.

Amazingly at end of racing today there was a change on status of Zimbabwe, I hope this is correct as do not entirely trust ATR, but reported as being fine and going home tonight - let's hope he is still good in the morning!

I pray that's correct, and that this wonderful character can be reunited with his favourite jock before long - anyone know how he's doing?

Yep, Arkers is right, the other one is trained by Nigel Hawke, he is a star. This one is trained by Gary Moore and not quite up to the status of Hawkes, well not yet!

Originally posted by Arkwright@May 13 2007, 05:50 PM
That's the other Zimbabwe,there are two.
Didn't realise that....

Report on this one, on the RP website, is that he broke down badly just before the first hurdle in a Claimer. Connections might have known his pins were dodgy? Sometimes I do hate this game...

As HS reported, courtesy of The Racing Post...
"
As a race this will only be remembered for the very early exit of Zimbabwe, who suffered what looked to be a very serious injury a few strides before the first flight. Once a smart performer and sent off at just 12-1 for the 2004 Triumph Hurdle, he had "legs of glass", according to trainer Gary Moore, and one of those legs gave way here."

These aren't to be added to the list as they are broodmares but..........

1996 Nunthorpe winner Eveningperformance has died following a colic operation aged 16yrs, her three week old Kylachy colt is being fostered

Also another mare One Way street died following the birth of her colt, she was 26yrs old, her colt survives,

Is it normal for a 26yr old mare to still be bred from?

There is an interesting piece about Zimbabwe in the RP this morning - apparently back at home and heading either for retirement or if he recovers well enough life as a dressage horse.

SENORITA RUMBALITA has been retired from racing and is in foal to Presenting after suffering a training setback.

The Alan King-trained mare, whose finest hour came when winning a Grade 2 novice hurdle at Sandown last season, was being prepared for the mares' chase final at Newbury in March when she suffered a minor training setback and it was decided that she should be retired.

The mare was owned by the Lets Get Ready to Rumble Partnership and one of the members, John Maxse, said: “She has been a wonderful mare to have owned and the partnership could not have had more fun with her.

“The only minor regret is that due to her setback she did not get the opportunity to show how good she was over fences. But her big-race wins at Aintree and Sandown gave us some fantastic memories.”

She is now set to go to the Tattersalls Sales in the autumn having been a fine servant to connections, winning six of her 13 starts and totalling £57,026 in prize-money. They included two bumper victories, three novice hurdle successes and a win in a novice chase last season.

The six-year-olds last race came at Cheltenham in December when she was well beaten behind Jonjo O'Neill's Don't Push It and she is now set to make a good broodmare.

Maxse, a director atJockey Club Racecourses, said: “Our thanks to Alan King and Choc Thornton for bringing out the best in her.

“She has a lovely laid back temperament and she made the switch from race mare to broodmare very easily.”

That's a happy outcome for her, so to speak! I thought she was great to watch, always so genuine, bless her.

BTW, on the usual dreary note, I thought that ALICIA JONES broke a leg in the Bumper at Ludlow yesterday, but the RP merely states PU. Well, she certainly WAS PU, as she'd sprawled badly and then I could swear came up with a leg awry. I'd be very happy to learn that she's okay, if anyone knows? Only a 4 y.o., this would be too cruel if she's gone.

Zulu Time was PU injured at Kilbeggan in the 8.25. I wasn't watching the race so I've no idea how badly injured he is. In the following race, a NH flat race, four horses were brought down on the home turn. The commentator never even mentioned it! No idea if they all survived either.

I was FURIOUS about all this, to be honest, Griffin. Watched ZULU TIME's previous race and he seemed to just be getting the hang of this, and so I was watching him closely today. Apart from managing to spy the poor horse clearly coming up very short, and the caller saying 'badly injured', we heard no more. Then one in the Bumper appeared to be injured and do a running fall - the RP says SU, so I hope that's all. Jockeys are rolling around everywhere, not a bloody peep from the stupid race caller or even a mention from the fast-asleep Darryll Williams in the ATR booth. Lots of self-congratulating on viewers who were on the winner, and then, bosh, we're over and out. Bloody scandal. Why is there ALWAYS such abysmal coverage of Irish racing? Nobody even seems to notice what's happening, apart from the winner and the runner-up - a 10 y.o. kid could do this much.

The one who started it all off certainly went down in an odd manner and I thought was probably injured. I just could not believe it wasn't mentioned though, not sure how many runners but around a quarter of the field taken out in one incident and it passes without a word. Extraordinary.

atr in the first instance, with a copy to the Irish production comapny from whom they buy the pics. A word to the Irish racecourses and the ITC wouldn't come amiss either

I saw this race live as well and just like Griffin I was appalled by the commentary and by the guy back in the booth who failed to register what had happened.

The killing fields of Kilbeggan, I hate that course. :angy:

DUNGUAIRE LADY, bright chestnut mare, always behind and with decency should've been PU, in the 4.00 chase at Market Rasen today. She had no chance and was 'badly hampered' when coming to grief at the last and can be seen hopping around on three legs, her near fore high in the air. Not a friggin' word of condolence to the 'connections'.

Time for a nice one again - Lago D'oro is currently at stud somewhere in Newmarket ( cant remember who she has gone to) and Cyanara is in wales with Generosity (who was owned by her late owner - it was one of the things he never got to do - put her and him together.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back