2008 Arc

If George Washington doesn't go for the Breeders' Cup Classic, they will run Duke of Marmalade. I reckon.

Otherwise, he is a very good price.

I am surprised New Approach isn't shorter. I think I would back him with a view to trading, if I were arsed, which I am not, so I won't.

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Jun 23 2008, 01:39 PM

Surely even Bolger would do this???
I love the guy to be honest, but i`d never ever try and anticipate his actions or thoughts.

Curlin's got the all clear to run in the Man O'War at Belmont on Saturday. If he handles the turf, they're coming for the Arc. Fingers crossed. Red Rocks and Better Talk Now should present a suitable test.

Peeping Fawn could be dangerous in the Arc. Is nice and fresh and could well have improved further over the winter, we just dont know yet.

So will the Aga Khan let his star filly take on his new star colt? Dalakhani and Alamshar in the Irish Derby aside I cannot think of a recent clash between his horses?

I`ve taken the 6/1 on Montmartre from Corals. My main bet (assuming he recovers) will be on New Approach. I feel that the three year olds are a better bunch this year than last and it will be that age group that triumphs in October.

Imagine DOM will now leave the way clear for Soldier Of Fortune to be the Ballydoyle No 1 for the Arc. What price is Papal Bull now?

Would that be because Ballydoyle has now proved enough for Coolmore to get the max stallion value from DOM?

I would imagine because DOM will take in the Juddmonte, Irish Champion, Breeders Cup and maybe even Japan/Hong Kong by the end of the season. Soldier Of Fortune has had one aim all season, the Arc.

You lot still convinced Youmzain is the second coming and is overpriced for the Arc????? Good luck to you all!!!!

rumour has it the inept one is already preparing his excuses

cant see beyond montremarte or soldier of fortune at this stage

dont think new approach will turn up for the event it will be a will he or wont he type affair before they retire him

Royer-Dupre upbeat on Arc plans

Alain de Royer-Dupre insists Zarkava can prove an able deputy for the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe if Montmartre is forced to miss the race.

The trainer confirmed earlier in the week that the brilliant Grand Prix de Paris winner had met with a setback and his participation in the October showpiece was in some doubt.

De Royer-Dupre said: "Montmartre is correct at this time but he is not perfect. I will wait and see but I'm still not sure about the Arc. You can't take a chance with a horse as good as he is and I have Zarkava for the same race anyway."

He added: "When you have a problem like that with a very good horse I prefer to let people know so the people who bet understand what is going on."

Back