2008 Departures

Status
Not open for further replies.
President Royal.... :( yesterday .. think he was also trained by Mr Hobbs :(

The Grey Berry was injured at the last hurdle at Huntingdon on Sunday and presumably it was a lot worse than originally feared.
Of course the cynics will have a field day on this one.

Well, I guess I know it what sense, and would have a field day if not for the poor horse!

shame, and really sorry for the little fighter :(

Catterick so it was, those northern courses are a foreign country to me...

Charlie Bear killed, I think, in the last at Lingfield today: he was still down, screens up and the wagon coming when I turned and left. RP just says F.

Rothbury was PU and dismounted at Carlisle, RP says 'sustained a leg injury'

Also Sadlers Wings, heart attack at his owner's place, see Bar's info on the SW thread

Charlie Bear was Badly winded but is ok

Rothbury was destroyed.... :(

Thanks for the update Zebs, I'm amazed Charlie Bear got up, very pleased for the Davidsons
Usually when the wagon approaches it's all up... Sorry to hear about Rothbury

Apparentley Charlie Bear was down for a long time and the lass who was riding him was underneath him :what: ....thankfully she wasnt seriously injured and both are ok...very lucky :)

Originally posted by Galileo@Mar 13 2008, 04:57 PM
I don't want to jinx things but have there been any losses at Cheltenham so far?
Did Don't Push it get up? Really hope so, but he did lay motionless for as longas the camera was on him.

Yes he was badly winded - same fence fall as before
Probably accounts for the subdued crowd as Mr McGoldrick came in tho - shame for the old boy
[yes I know the price had something to do with it too!]

Whispered Promises was killed at Cheltenham today , he took a crashing fall in the Coral Cup , was trained by D E Pipe .... :(

A massive loss to David Pipe and the connections. A lovely horse with a what should have been a bright future. :(

Sad loss to all connections. Was he the only fatality? Have seen no others mentioned but I suppose there will be a few days for the final picture to be clear.

Material World retired after her run in the World Hurdle.

There was a good feature on her on RUK during the festival.
Thanks to Colin for alerting me to her website for those who would like to follow her progress as a broodmare.

http://www.materialworld.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back