2009 Arc.

The field might not yet be too big. Surely

Steele Tango
Tullamore
Hot Six
Tangaspeed
La Boum

and at least 1 of the Ballydoyle pacemakers will come out?

I could see alot of the Ballydoyle horses running to pour on the pace from the start.

I would imagine few will drop out considering they have paid to leave their horses in at this stage - and of course a couple will be supplemented on Thursday.

Steele Tango is an admirable horse but they're taking the piss in running him here. Just another one to get in the way of Sea the Stars....

or Cavalryman :ninja:

Idiotic raceplanning by Bell and Bamford - she would have won the Leger pulling a cart .

Possibly - but whether she would have been able to win with Jaime Spencer on her back is another thing entirely...

I don't even believe a word of that; just a nice feeling to be first in with the obvious Spencer gag every now and then - usually stiff competition. :D

Last edited:
From the Arc forum on RPTV.

Willoughby:
Fame and Glory
Sea the Stars
Conduit

Segal:
Sea the Stars
Conduit
Cavalryman

Down:
Sea the Stars
Vision D'Etat
Conduit

When duscussing Cavalryman it was mentioned that Fabre doesn't like him. Where have they got this from?

How on earth anyone can surmise that Sariska would have 'won the Leger pulling a cart' is utterly beyond my comprehension.

re cavalryman: fabre said that he is a good horse and will improve for the run, but that wont make him into another animal, and he basicly has no chance of beating sea the stars. thought it was a frank and open remark, as open as fabre can be. i think fabre was quoted saying "we do not run here to win", or something to that extend.

re sariska: on any given form via Dar Re Mi I wound certainly think the same. on which form would mastery beat even her?

Figuratively or not, I fail to see how it can be said with such authority that she would have won the race, nevermind in such a fashion, especially on the fast ground it was run on and over such a trip.

Couldn't see Sariska winning the Leger either, she just wouldn't have stayed. But I do think she could have taken in the Vermeille.

F&G out to 9 on Betfair with very little in the queue to back him, I don't understand.

Last edited:
When duscussing Cavalryman it was mentioned that Fabre doesn't like him. Where have they got this from?

All he said was that he didn't have the class of Sea The Stars. That's like me saying I don't have the money of Bill Gates though.

He appears to be a horse not many people rate or have warmed to.

I think Mr Segal is influential here. He's not a fan at all and says (a bit too dismissively for me) that he won't even place on sunday.
Now, I can understand people thinking he has a hope in hell of beating Sea the Stars, even though the conditions of the race and the build-up to it point to it being his best shot, but Conduit is like two points longer. Wtf? That horse was mot just beaten by STS in the Eclipse, he was destroyed.

Ultimately a large part of punting is about having faith in your opinions and going against the crowd. The most widely held belief during the summer of 2008 was that Raven's Pass would never beat Henrythenavigator. Punters who stuck with him were eventually rewarded.

They are forecast light rain on Sunday with a bit more substanial rain on Monday and Tuesday. Those going to Paris can try and update us on the weather as early as possible.

Conduit is like two points longer. Wtf? That horse was mot just beaten by STS in the Eclipse, he was destroyed.

To judge him on his Eclipse run is like judging Rip on his Derby run. Conduit needs every yard of 1m4f so a 1m2f beating over an inadequate trip when he wasn't fully fit (he looked awful at Sandown but a lot better at Ascot in the parade ring) is irrelevant to the debate here. That together with the fact that Conduit is an Autumn horse through and through and Longchamp should suit him to the ground. For me, he's the forgotten horse of the race.

Back