2009 Arc.

Looking forward to the weekend. I haven't paid much attention to the flat this year. Can anyone give me the highlights in the other races over the weekend. Is Yeats going for the Cadran??

Cavalryman makes it 27 as he also needs to be supplemented (and fecking best be!).

Indeed. He went as big as 19 on Betfair late last week. Almost as good a value as you know who (is it really twice as likely that Stacelita wins the race as an animal that has been placed twice in it???)

Sir Mark Prescott would be turning in his grave, if he was dead, the way that horse has been handled. From a rating of 73 to 110 with only one Mickey Mouse race victory to show for it.

Crazy decision, with their reason purely based on avoiding Sea the Stars. It's a bad situation when the GP de Saint Cloud winner, Foy winner and Sheema runner up by a short head won't run, especially when you have 7/8 who would be out of place in a standard Group 2.

No, not at all! I think Sea the Stars is the best thing that has happened to flat racing in my time following racing. I just feel that connections of other horses shouldn't shy away from racing against him in an Arc when they have, imho, a credible outsider with good place chances, and who has very good form this year and who seems to be still improving.

Last edited:
Fame's first two runs were in trials whereas STS has been contesting Group 1's all year, for me there is quite a difference there. AOB has only had to produce his charge at his peak once or twice. I just have to oppose STS at the price.

This is the only way of looking at the race as far as I'm concerned. This was always going to be the race for Fame. He has been prepared for it, will be in peak form, and will find greater resources of stamina when push comes to shove. I'm quite sure that STS won't beat Fame as easily as he did in Ireland (...if he beats him at all). At around 5s Fame must be the bet.

I remember the brilliant filly Salsabil being long odds on for this after being started early in the season and kept on the go, winning the 1,000 Guineas, Oaks, Irish Derby and Prix Vermeille. People were similarly saying how little she had taken out of herself... In the Arc she finished mid division.

It almost doesn't bear thinking about, but with the likes of Fame And Glory, Conduit, VdE and (if supplemented) Cavalryman and Sariska, etc... is it possible that STS will be run out of the frame in this?

Last edited:
I see that Beheshtam has been left in the Prix Chaudenay on Saturday, so connections may take this softer option.

I remember Salsabil being flat out to scrape home in the Vermeille by a neck from Miss Alleged ( the complete opposite of STS's canter all over F & G ) and was not at all surprised she was turned over . The mistake Hamdan made was not running her in the summer when she was at her peak .

Spanish Moon is also skipping the race unless STS does not run.

Last edited:
This is the only way of looking at the race as far as I'm concerned. This was always going to be the race for Fame. He has been prepared for it, will be in peak form, and will find greater resources of stamina when push comes to shove. I'm quite sure that STS won't beat Fame as easily as he did in Ireland (...if he beats him at all). At around 5s Fame must be the bet.

I remember the brilliant filly Salsabil being long odds on for this after being started early in the season and kept on the go, winning the 1,000 Guineas, Oaks, Irish Derby and Prix Vermeille. People were similarly saying how little she had taken out of herself... In the Arc she finished mid division.

It almost doesn't bear thinking about, but with the likes of Fame And Glory, Conduit, VdE and (if supplemented) Cavalryman and Sariska, etc... is it possible that STS will be run out of the frame in this?

Pigs might fly Steve if you are lucky ... Coolmore went all out to win the Champion with Fame - the prep race for the Arc crap is just revisionism of the highest order - which seems to happen no matter which Ballydoyle horse it is that STS has just thrashed .

Last edited:
I am on the Fame And Glory camp.

I can not remember a horse winning 6 gr1s in a row in Europe.

Also the Arc is a race to be targeted and horses like Reference Point , Generous, St Jovite and others have been beaten by worse horses than them.

I think Sea The stars is a better horse than Fame And Glory but his ideal distance is 10f and the race has not been targeted, some reasons could have been they thought the ground could be against him in these dates and they have been winning in the summer.

FAme and Glory is the best horse of the field if you take out STS of the field and has had the summer break that has been the trend in recent seasons.

Pigs might fly Steve if you are lucky ... Coolmore went all out to win the Champion with Fame - the prep race for the Arc crap is just revisionism of the highest order - which seems to happen no matter which Ballydoyle horse it is that STS has just thrashed .

F&G had little chance against STS on goodish ground over 10 furlongs at Leopardstown. He has a chance in the Arc on Sunday back over his correct trip but the Oxx horse is obviously going to be very hard to beat. Fame And Glory will beat the rest though, of that I have little doubt.

Big field - the draw could be signficant.

Im convinced Conduit and Vision D Etat will both run big races. Im not sure Fame and Glory will run that well myself. Totally agree about the draw, dont wnat to eb drawn out on the car park, mind you Dalkahani managed it when he had the widest berth.

Im convinced Conduit and Vision D Etat will both run big races. Im not sure Fame and Glory will run that well myself. Totally agree about the draw, dont wnat to eb drawn out on the car park, mind you Dalkahani managed it when he had the widest berth.

I know he was 5th last year, but do you think Vision D'Etat truly stays 1m4? Rare to have an Ispahan winner as a live Arc candidate.

Youmzain
Conduit
Vision D’Etat
Magadan
The Bogberry
Steele Tango
Getaway
Tullamore
Hot Six
Alpine Rose
Dar Re Mi
Tangaspeed