2009 Arc.

Been thinking about the race dynamics a fair bit the last few days. I think Murtagh is in a rather difficult position.. I think he tries to take it up a long way up to exploit Sea The Stars's suspected stamina doubts and I believe he'll get beaten by further than he did at Epsom or Leopardstown. I also believe he is in danger of being done in the last furlong by horses coming fast and late for place money i.e. Getaway Conduit & Youmzain.. Then again, I may just be an idiot..

The Arc is usually true run and with the big field I reckon it will be again. This should make Murtagh's tactics fairly straightforward. Get F&G settled just off the pace and let the race unfold. He'll be good enough to time his challenge exactly when he wants and if STS proves too good so be it. There will be no shame in coming second to a great horse.

In the Arc theres always an unlucky horse who gets bumped or doesnt get a good run same thing will happen 2moro

25s Shadz, I know you must have invested, you love the horse really and I'm sure there will be no one cheering him home louder.

Given his 1 birth he's gonna have to get through a lot of tiring horses. I have faith though. I want mass humble pie on this forum tomorrow if he does it - I would also like Shadow Leader to sport a Youmzain avatar as contrition for all the nasty comments.

Seem to remember the vibes were good for Ghanatti as well. You never know until they're asked the question. Her defeat, (and Goldikova's) just goes to show how dodgy it is backing really short priced horses when everything isn't in their favour.

Someone on the Ch4 team - ?Francome - said that Ghanaati had started to go in her coat, before today's race. fillies tend to 'go over' quicker than colts when the autumn chills set in. Goldikova's race was very strange esp for France - a breakneck pace from the off.

The point about Sea The Stars is that he has not been stretched to give his all this season - which is very unusual for any horse let alone at this level, in October. F&G has had to give his all more than once. I'm sur ethis counts; and I think the only thing which can beat STS is trouble in running, which would be gutting

I couldn't resist a place bet on Youmzain! - Otherwise it's just a race to watch, for me, STS being too short for my style of punting.

Watching John Oxx choke up in that BBC piece just made me want STS to win even more, which I'm surprised was possible.

Vision d'Etat for a massive upset.

I'm with you.

Have backed Vision D'Etat, Getaway and Conduit.

Think Sea The Stars will be unplaced. The BBC's continuous coverage of him, making it out the race is only about him and nothing else is starting to get on my nerves.

Over 2.6 million quid already bet on the win market on BF and rising rapidly!

PS finished with GBP 3,659,387
Place market 718,500 near enough

Last edited:
If he gets beat, it will be more about why he got beat than what beats him. I bet the team are getting paid by how many times they can say Sea The Stars.

Last edited:
Fcking hell

Did Fame and glory leave the stalls? lol

What a champion. I thought he was in real trouble with all that early pulling (although did same in derby)

Great runs by a couple of the fillies and Youmzain too

But this is the greatest flat horse ive seen...

Back