2010 Two year olds

Looks like a much better Mill Reef than in recent years tomorrow - Formosina,Libranno, Temple Meads and Crown Prosecutor are all proper Group 2 two year olds and Desert Law looks promising too . I probably just favour Crown Prosecutor with the penalty for Libranno .

Can't see the info at work but I know Footsteps had two runs at two and won the Killavulan on his final start - Not sure on dates though.. I thought he would have been out by now... Golan and Island Sands were before I got into racing.

Golan definitely only had the one run at two winning a maiden quite late in the year if I remember rightly.

Love this time of year when the big yards unlease their 3yos in the making. Some lovely types on show in the first at Newmarket yesterday.

If Look At Me does not prove to be a Group filly I will be really surprised. A deeply taking performance on her debut.

Didn't see it but she has a pretty nice pedigree being by Danehill Dancer out of Queen Cleopatra (half sis to Henrythenavigator) who herself was a G3 winner & was classic placed twice (3rd in Irish Guineas & French Oaks). Nice! Will defo keep an eye on her.

She isn't entered for any of the Guineas or Oaks for 2011 which is very unusual for a Ballydoyle horse. Perhaps there was something wrong, and she wasn't expected to make it to a racecourse, or she was a late purchase. Bred by the Queen Cleopatra Syndicate, but I've always assumed that such syndicates are just pseudonyms for Coolmore entities.

Royal Lodge:

Eskimo (IRE) 2.c
Factum (USA) 2.c
Frankel 2.c
Happy Today (USA) 2.c
Klammer 2.c
Samuel Morse (IRE) 2.c
Slim Shadey 2.c
Titus Mills (IRE) 2.c
Treasure Beach 2.c
Zaidan (USA) 2.c

Fillies Mile Group 1:

Date With Destiny (IRE) 2.f
Fork Handles 2.f
Misty For Me (IRE) 2.f
Theyskens' Theory (USA) 2.f
Together (IRE) 2.f
Traffic Sister (USA) 2.f
White Moonstone (USA) 2.f
Wild Wind (GER) 2.f

I could see Pathfork remaining in the States if he wins the Juvenile. The Kentucky Derby would surely be a prioity for him then.

Back