2010 Two year olds

Think Dream Ahead will be hard to beat this afternoon but 13/8 is a bit of a joke. Would rather back the same form with Irish Field at 16/1 E/W myself.

We are 40 odd miles West from Newmarket and the weather is awful, cold wet and windy. Bear in mind we are in the rain shadow of the Chilterns, so it's probably worse down there.

I think Al Aasifh has a right chance at 20s in the Middle Park. Yes, he's been in and out, but 5 furlongs too sharp at Ascot and never went a yard at Deauville. His listed win could be rated much higher, and I feel he is the one whose chances will really improve the softer the ground is.

I'm convinced that Jimmy Fortune was at fault for Temple Meads' only defeat as he could not control the horse which is admittedly pretty keen to get going. Mullen seems to be able to turn down the gas sufficiently for the horse to seemingly win with plenty in hand.
One of the rare instances where I have followed 2YO every race of its career so far and although the opposition is good I'm grabbing a chunk of 5.0 plus on the machine.

Lets hope the Cecil bias doesn't get in the way of Champion 2 year old - that was incredible, and he didn't beat nursery level horses, but properly decent two year olds.

Well done David Simcock. What a horse.

Can he reproduce that performance on good ground? To me he should be rated higher than Frankel on the form in the book.

Loved Dream Ahead and very pleased for David Simcock who I have always rated. I think he could be a monster on what we have seen today but I will say one tinsy bit of caution. The first 4 races all threw up long distance winners which may mean that few horses are able to handle the ground at Newmarket. Dream Ahead is a really powerful imposing horse who did handle these conditions. I'm in no way crabbing him - I'm almost as excited about him as Frankel!

Back