2010 Two year olds

Not sure how good a race it was - but I was quite taken with Dream Ahead's debut at Nottingham today. Will be interesting to see what plans they might have for him.

Really impressive performance alright.

John Oxx's Kastania has an intriguing profile in the 6f fillies maiden at the Curragh tomorrow, as much for the fact that she's starting at 6f as anything else given her pedigree. Oxx has a knack of producing quality fillies this time of year that pop up in maidens periodically, often at decent prices.

Couple of interesting two year old races tomorrow at The Curragh. The first being the colts maiden - that has been won by some top class performers over the years.

But the Anglesey Stakes looks really interesting. Samuel Morse is the form horse, Dunboyne Express touted to be the best of the Prendergast squad, Rudolf Valentino looking good on his second start and the most expensive yearling sold last year in Europe and then the hype horse Glor Na Mara. 4 runners but it looks a cracker....market will be fascinating.

Best race tomorrow by a mile in my view. My guess:

6/4 Samuel Moorse
6/4 Glor Mara
9/2 Dunboyne Express
13/2 Rudolf Valentino

Glor Na Mara was backed like defeat was out of the question the last day. I see him going off fav alright.

I would be a little worried about the Prendergast form right now, they are a little in and out over the last couple of weeks.

The ground will be all important, Glor Na Mara looks to have an American pedigree so if it rains (and there is plenty forecast) it probably will not suit him....Samuel Morse has proven form on it from his debut so softer surface would sway things in his favour. Rudolf Valentino is an unknown quantity and probably wants further.

I think there a bit sick Gal. Kissable ran ok the other night.

It really is a cracker on paper, cant wait.

Last edited:
Very taking performance from Harrington's horse, Parkfork, in the first. Travelled all over Robin Hood from a long way and pulled clear. Smart horse.

Very impressive. Form looks fairly solid as well. Interesting to see if he has another start with Harrington.

Heard that there have been a few very substantial bids for Dunboyne Express rejected since his maiden.

Why aren't you reporting to us from the Curragh, Gal? Get there for the Anglessy and report back! :D

This Dunboyne Express creature looks exceptional, he's up there with Libranno now as ones that take my eye for next year.

Like clockwork.

:lol:

So impressive but is it fair to say two things:

- Glor Na Mara was a talking horse in overdrive pitched in to high
- Samuel Moorse while an admirable performer is not the best Ballydoyle have and was shown up at Ascot.

Dunboyme is good, very good but I'm not getting too carried away with the form of the race.

Last edited:
Haven't really gone through the race in full yet, but is there any reason to doubt Samuel Morse ran up to his best form? He certainly travelled through the race quite nicely enough. Of course the margins are likely to have been accentuated by the ground, but I'd say Dunboyne Express put up quite a decent performance.

Really liked the way he quickened when McDonogh got stuck into him. There was a split second early on where he had to be shaken up and and I just wonder if they might be tempted to sit and wait for the National Stakes.

Last edited:
Looks an interesting renewal of the Winkfield Stakes at Ascot tommorrow. Auld Burns shaped like a serious prospect at Salisbury on debut, with the Meehan horse coming out and boosting the form since. Thought he shaped as if he was value for a fair bit more that day with more to come. In short, I'm pretty convinced he's a Group performer in the making.

Arguably the same could be said of Toolain, though he presumably has his quirks on the evidence so far and I have a suspicion he might be more effective with cut. Couldn't fault the debut performance of the Godolphin performance either.

Whether it's worth taking the price on Betfair tonight about Auld Burns is the question. I could see him starting favourite tommorrow.

Last edited:
I like the look of Sweet Cecily in the PRINCESS MARGARET ABU DHABI STAKES (GROUP 3) (FILLIES) at 2:40 -- to win a 6f maiden at headquarters by 6L when the early pace wasn't that fast is always a good sign - the form has been franked by the 2nd and 4th -- add to that its trained by Richard Hannon then the 6/1 - 11/2 looks an e/way steal.

Probably an improved performance, but the 6th and 8th in the Chesham finished 1-2 next time at Ascot. It will be interesting to see what Zaidan is capable of next time.

Last edited:
Won't be taking the 11/8 on offer tomorrow but I will be snapping up some of the 25/1 for the 2000 Guineas on Libranno before he runs tomorrow. The time of the July Stakes was eye watering and this looks like a penalty kick for him to be honest.

Peter Martins looked a smart prospect last night in a decent novices event at Newmarket. Loved the way he travelled through the race and pulled clear when he met the rising ground. Would be interested in hearing what the speed gurus made of the time ~ looks pretty respectable at first glance.

Always love this time of year with plenty of nice 2yo types coming out to get excited about.

This thread has just reminded me the next one on my list runs on Monday. I ll have to check the enteries.

Back