2012 Olympics

It would be nice were London to be succesful but I think it is unlikely. What odds are they on Betfair?

I agree, it's not likely to be London. It's especially a shame as I'd love to see the look on that smug arsehole Chirac's face when he was told London got it...oh well!

You can back Paris at 2/5 - the longest price that they have been for a while. I think that what will swing it for paris is that this is their third bid for the games in recent times.

There's a thread about this in the sports section. I make the decision due in 50 mins too, announcement at 12:46 BST. It's between London & Paris only now.

Just the boost the ecomomy needs right now! Best they quickly widen the cachement area for the congestion charge to include Stratford...

God knows, how much it will be by 2012???? £30? :D

Congrats England, MAJOR, MAJOR congrats.

Its very exciting to host the Olympic Games, my country and city, Sydney hosted it in 2000, and it was the most spectacular event of all time to come to our city.

I have been backing London to get it since they announced the final 5. Glad London got, because a) it's the Mother Country; B) London deserves it more than Paris.

Amen MOTHER COUNTRY!

I've got a lot of sympathy for Jacques. Imagine holding the olympics in a country where you can't even buy a fresh f***ing loaf.

Right, any offers to help me build a couple of guesthouses in east London?

Just noticed some of my shares have rocketed in the last 35 mins too! :blink: :D

The crowd in Paris are looking a little down..... :lol:

Look out Chirac, here comes the guillotine...... :lol:

Back