2012 Olympics

..and let's face it, the British like having something to brag about for a change! Look how we all totally over reacted when we won at Rugby! B)

Originally posted by Kathy@Jul 6 2005, 03:15 PM
..and let's face it, the British like having something to brag about for a change! Look how we all totally over reacted when we won at Rugby! B)
That was the English rather than the British

:shy:

The "we all" was meant to be the English over reacting......me being one of them! B)

where france beats england (or uk):
- food
- wine
- women
- mountains
- patriotism
- world politics
- trains

where england (uk) beats france:
-football
-beer
-cleanness
-friendliness
-cars
-horse racing

i think its pretty evens

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jul 6 2005, 03:57 PM
That was ridiculous, all that fuss over a "world game" where only half a dozen countries actually play it
Well, I sort of take your point, but feel i ought to point out that the International Rugby Board has fifty-four countries as members. Far more, I would imagine, for instance than any international baseball federation - if there is such a thing.

There talking about a Baseball World Cup. Most people would see that as daft but Japan, Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic would all put out great teams in theory that could challenge the States.

Originally posted by Wassermusik@Jul 6 2005, 04:08 PM
where france beats england (or uk):
- world politics

In the words of the great John McEnroe: "You cannot be serious!"

The world extends beyond Paris and Berlin.

What about Germany then?

Where we beat the Germans

Horse Racing
Women
Sense of humour

Where the Germans beat us

Transport
Football
Invasions

Well, I liked the Rugby World Cup - I had a blast! Seriously, the atmosphere was fantastic & I got really buoyed up about it all. It certainly takes a lot to get me out of bed by 8am on a Saturday morning when I'm on holiday, pushing the RP aside when a fantastic race like Best Mate v Jair du Cochet is on! The final was a fantastic day that I will remember well for many years.

olympics2012.jpg

If u thought the SJ market on Federer was bad enough we've surpassed ourselves this time:-

Jacques Chirac (G8 Summit Specials)

Selection Price
Chirac To Walk Out Of The Summit Early 7/4
Chirac To Call Blair "Rude" Again 5/2
Chirac To Announce That He Loves Scottish Cuisine 3/1
Chirac To Question Blair's Percentage 5/1
Chirac To Bring His Own Packed Lunch 6/1
Chirac To Fall Ill With Food Poisoning 12/1
Chirac To Become Leo's Godparent 33/1
Chirac And Blair To Have A Food Fight 50/1
France To Close The Channel Tunnel In 2012 100/1

Originally posted by Wassermusik@Jul 6 2005, 01:57 PM
why are you all so hateful against France/Chirac?
Because the french stinks and Chirac stinks even more.

I am very happy to see London is the winner.

I reckon we're entitled to it, though!!! It's a centuries-old thing, the running England-France feud. I can't help but think that London beating Paris for the Olympics is particularly apt though in the year of the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar, history repeating itself, one could say... :D

I love France . I can't stand Chirac though.

Julie - Provence is wonderful but I agree that the coast is overrated though I like Cassis and Bandol .

That makes my point though - the South of France technically includes the languedoc , the Roussillon, the Pyrenees, the Landes , Bordeaux Toulouse and the Perigord ! - all marvellous

Back